New Grower Natures Living Soil first Grow.

I've seen that vid a couple times. This is coming from a consistent occurrence I've observed on my girls and a couple other grows here they had enough details. I'm just trying to assign a reason for the appearance and the consistency of its occurrence.
There's something there My attributing it to DLI may not be the answer.
I've asked myself for the last week, why my plants don't pray like urs. I have an opportunity to play around a little to see if environmental changes are preferred. If so, which ones and how much.

I've seen that vid a couple times. This is coming from a consistent occurrence I've observed on my girls and a couple other grows here they had enough details. I'm just trying to assign a reason for the appearance and the consistency of its occurrence.
There's something there My attributing it to DLI may not be the answer.

But I think what you say makes sense even taking into account what Dr Bugbee says. There might not be a DLI limit, but a high DLI with something out of place (not optimal) in the other environmental factors could cause some symptoms such as those or others I think.

Last edited:
Well to be fair, too much DLI in the absence of the other 8 Cardinals will definitely be bad, no doubt about that.
And that very well could be the reason the HBSS "droops" "sleeps" sooner than the others.
When I asked about the watering and light cycle, I was thinking of too much water, but the 24/0 seemed more logical, especially with as good as the now look.

Anyways, don't change anything because of this convo. At least with 24/0, your temps tent to be consistent and this is winter.
Unless you just want to play around.

And that very well could be the reason the HBSS "droops" "sleeps" sooner than the others.
When I asked about the watering and light cycle, I was thinking of too much water, but the 24/0 seemed more logical, especially with as good as the now look.

Anyways, don't change anything because of this convo. At least with 24/0, your temps tent to be consistent and this is winter.
Unless you just want to play around.
If you look at my quote on my profile, I am looking at this as an OPPORTUNITY!! I have pulled JH out of the tent due to what I perceive as balls( OTHERS OPINIONS ARE SOUGHT HERE). I'm going to play around with light in the closet for a bit.

My 2 rusty pennies? Praying leaves is a genetics expression.. Just like everything else we are seeing the plant do. Some do it, some don't. Some are triggered by light, some triggered by environment. Some by both, lol. I also think that the amount of foliage factors in.. It would take a lot of the plants energy to keep a bush shaped plant praying. I think the droopy leaves is a result of light exhaustion. Yes, autos can be grown under 24/0. But the auto gene just means that it doesn't need a light change to flower. It doesn't mean that it's no longer a plant that needs to photosynthesize. Plants rest and change food into energy during dark hours.. Autos are constantly working under 24-0.. At some point they will reach their workload and need to rest.. It's still a plant, lol. It may take a week or two for it to snap out of it, but it should be fine.. Your plant looks healthy, that's what's important. Every living thing needs to rest at some point, lol.. They say science is unsure about fish sleeping, but plants, science is sure of. Circadian rhythms are real, and are related to sleep/rest. So in short, can you grow autos under 24-0 ? Hells yes, lol.. Will you see your plant resting at some point? Most likely a hells yes, lol.

Eh...the Calvin Cycle has been demonstrated in plants in full sun, so I don't think 'need' is the right word.

Some varietals likely do better when they get some dark, or are not well adapted to manage the Calvin Cycle during the day, but 'need' is probably too strong a term.

I read your post a while back about enjoying the quality of flowers grown under 18/6 more than 240/0, but that's a bit too anecdotal for me to take to the bank (as would be my own anecdotal evidence were roles reversed)

My 2 rusty pennies? Praying leaves is a genetics expression.. Just like everything else we are seeing the plant do. Some do it, some don't. Some are triggered by light, some triggered by environment. Some by both, lol. I also think that the amount of foliage factors in.. It would take a lot of the plants energy to keep a bush shaped plant praying. I think the droopy leaves is a result of light exhaustion. Yes, autos can be grown under 24/0. But the auto gene just means that it doesn't need a light change to flower. It doesn't mean that it's no longer a plant that needs to photosynthesize. Plants rest and change food into energy during dark hours.. Autos are constantly working under 24-0.. At some point they will reach their workload and need to rest.. It's still a plant, lol. It may take a week or two for it to snap out of it, but it should be fine.. Your plant looks healthy, that's what's important. Every living thing needs to rest at some point, lol.. They say science is unsure about fish sleeping, but plants, science is sure of. Circadian rhythms are real, and are related to sleep/rest. So in short, can you grow autos under 24-0 ? Hells yes, lol.. Will you see your plant resting at some point? Most likely a hells yes, lol.
Yeah, I figure some strains don't pray, I don't recall any of the ones these guys are collecting seeds from in the sandbox.
I also was concluding the same thing about bushy vs sparse plants. The least bushy of my girls, Stomper, is always praying at the end of the cycle. Kong is in the middle. She some days only droops slighly.

It's another interesting topic in growing this amazing plant!!:headbang::headbang::headbang:

Great topic and encourage it to continue. Just would like a little feedback on the BALLS on JH and my decision to move it out of the tent to the closet. I can EASILY maintain both. Or I can get it completely remove it and give to a friend whom I'm growing meds for anyway. I'd give him 1 of my autocobs, however, maintaining environment may prove to be challenging.
image.jpg

Eh...the Calvin Cycle has been demonstrated in plants in full sun, so I don't think 'need' is the right word.

Some varietals likely do better when they get some dark, or are not well adapted to manage the Calvin Cycle during the day, but 'need' is probably too strong a term.

I read your post a while back about enjoying the quality of flowers grown under 18/6 more than 240/0, but that's a bit too anecdotal for me to take to the bank (as would be my own anecdotal evidence were roles reversed)
You may have me confused.. I dont run 24/0, and wouldn't be able to tell you the difference between a 24/ grown bud and a 18/6 grown bud. I'm a Prophet, but not a magician, lol.

Great topic and encourage it to continue. Just would like a little feedback on the BALLS on JH and my decision to move it out of the tent to the closet. I can EASILY maintain both. Or I can get it completely remove it and give to a friend whom I'm growing meds for anyway. I'd give him 1 of my autocobs, however, maintaining environment may prove to be challenging. View attachment 1288804
Do you have pics of what you're seeing that looks like balls?

Back