Old Reviews Myherbsnow dryer

Thank you so much! Your attention to detail is not only inspiring it’s flat out impressive! Thank you thank you!
You're welcome, i seriously missed a bunch of stuff, like how to collect your trim afterwords (putting a black trash bag on the surface your are trimming so you can collect it, freezing the trim so you can do a hash run with hash bags etc. i need to actually add more but right now im plain old sober. I can go back and do step by step with photos on the next plant I take down but I dont have any way to take photos at the moment as my phone died which had the only camera I have besides the horrible webcam which can't quite get anything but blurry crap pictures. Plus I don't have any plants to come down until at least another 75 days. But I'm glad to do so if you remind me (My memory is shot, so please remind me because the hubby sure wont remember :rofl:).

Really wish I bought more trays already. I woke up early this morning and did some chop chop on the Blueberry. I got everything in except the main cola. I left the colas as large as I could but cut them down enough to keep from having any wasted space and packed the dryer full without pressing down on anything. Filled the shot glass and turned it on.
I found that out the first time I bought the dryer and left the colas as big donkey dicks. I also noticed once I had them dried, when you leave them as big colas with main stems attached you get more of a chance of a hay like smell, or a grassy smell versus weed because there's not only more stem left, but there's more chlorophyll left over inside of the leaves you can't trim because it's stuck in between the whole formed cola. When you break down those colas into smaller sized buds, you get to those pesky leaves you didn't know existed and can trim them out and use them for hash or as a last resort smoke that's still super high cannabinoid level even if it has no terpines. I'll use the leaves for hash, or for baking. I will make cannabis flour from the leaves sometimes and just substitute a small percentage of baking flour with the cannabis flour I made with the finely milled sugar leaves in some of my recipes. Sometimes I'll throw them into a mushroom bulk substrate for my scolertia to have some extra nutrients and some THC for a fun little extra kick to the truffles.
Anyway, I had actually preordered extra trays both for my new dryer and for the one I had now. I figured sending an email and getting a reply of "no" would be the worst that would happen, but they said they would oblige, and I got my extra trays. Definitely get the extra trays when you buy a dryer.

I have an Auto Ultimate I just started in DWC and im worried I'll need a few more. On average I can fit 20g dry per tray when I break the buds down, I'm aiming for 500g+ on this auto ultimate so knowing my luck I'll end up needing 3 more because ill yield about 700g. These things are great, but there needs to be a bigger unit available. That's where I'm now getting to the point of having an issue. I love the product, and I use it. But, as I stated before, when you grow more than a few plants, you need more than 1 of these. Great for small growers, but when you're trying for a once and done for the year, it isnt as straight forward.

A quick update on my HerbsNow/hang dry comparison. The herb from the dryer has been in jars since 6/10 (dried 3.75 days) and hang dry in jars since 6/13 (dried 6.25 days). Both were dry trimmed. I hung 2 nice colas each of 3 different strains and everything else from those plants went in the dryer.

My wife and I have been going back and forth. Squeezing buds, smelling jars, and lots of taste tests with a couple dry herb vapes.

Bottom line, I’m not sure I could differentiate between them in a blind taste test. I think there was more variation between individual buds than there was between the two drying methods as far as flavor.

My only complaint comes from one bit that I let go too long in the dryer. After 10 days it’s still at like 46% rh in the jar. (Everything else from the dryer has settled around 55-60 after several days). It tastes good and vapes well enough, but is still fragile and crumbly. I am leery of Bovedas, but I may throw one in this batch.

I’ll post a a final update after a few more weeks, but I continue to be impressed and this is coming from a self described terp snob and flavor chaser.

Last edited:
A quick update on my HerbsNow/hang dry comparison. The herb from the dryer has been in jars since 6/10 (dried 3.75 days) and hang dry in jars since 6/13 (dried 6.25 days). Both were dry trimmed. I hung 2 nice colas each of 3 different strains and everything else from those plants went in the dryer.

My wife and I have been going back and forth. Squeezing buds, smelling jars, and lots of taste tests with a couple dry herb vapes.

Bottom line, I’m not sure I could differentiate between them in a blind taste test. I think there was more variation between individual buds than there was between the two drying methods as far as flavor.

My only complaint comes from one bit that I let go too long in the dryer. After 10 days it’s still at like 46% rh in the jar. (Everything else from the dryer has settled around 55-60 after several days). It tastes good and vapes well enough, but is still fragile and crumbly. I am leery of Bovedas, but I may throw one in this batch.

I’ll post a a final update after a few more weeks, but I continue to be impressed and this is coming from a self described terp snob and flavor chaser.
this little product is very nice to use, if you dont want to use boveda packs you dont have to... you can just wait a few months for it and if its crispy then, add the boveda pack.

I always have a great dry and smell after a nice cure with the herbs now once i get it all dialed in and it does a great job for me. i use boveda packs in the jars to make sure the humidity is at 58% and it always cures perfectly. My next few harvests will continue to be the test. A few growpito test plants will be a great harvest for these 2 dryers and their extra trays

Quick update. I did stop and break down the colas into small buds and managed to fit the main cola into the dryer last night. The HerbsNow dryer still lets some smell out, kind of like hay I suppose. My son and I went to work yesterday and when we came home I could smell it as soon as I opened the door. I have the dryer in a hidden spot behind my closet in my bedroom. I easily covered up the smell by making some brussels sprouts for dinner and throwing away a couple I had left on my plate into the garbage to keep it stinky for the day.

Got my dryer delivered today. Pretty pumped to use it. Got about a week or so to wait. Quality is ok could be a little better built for the price. But it is nice. Just for $150 I expected alittle better. But its not bad. Hopefully it works
20200621_145950.jpg
out well.

Do any of you have the issue of buds being flat on one side? Any suggestions on how to avoid that? I have it coming in a few days and I am close to chopping my first grow

Do any of you have the issue of buds being flat on one side? Any suggestions on how to avoid that? I have it coming in a few days and I am close to chopping my first grow
Remove one of the trays to create a “big bud” tray. Stack the buds upright like a Christmas tree rather than on their side. Super huge top colas you have to either break down into smaller buds or lay them in diagonally. You could also rotate the buds during the dry.

@MissUniverse I came home for lunch today and my whole house smells like cucumbers. I had 41 hours left and it felt extremely crunchy and dry. I weighed it in at 105g. I decided to put it in jars with a digital humidity gauge and check it when I get home tonight. RH was 60% when I put it in the jar and was at 57% after the jar was packed. I will update again this evening.

Attachments

• IMG_20200622_125944420[1].jpg
    IMG_20200622_125944420[1].jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 79
@MissUniverse I came home for lunch today and my whole house smells like cucumbers. I had 41 hours left and it felt extremely crunchy and dry. I weighed it in at 105g. I decided to put it in jars with a digital humidity gauge and check it when I get home tonight. RH was 60% when I put it in the jar and was at 57% after the jar was packed. I will update again this evening.
Took it out too soon. RH is gonna shoot up. I learned the hard way.

Back