Dutch Passion MY BEANS ARE FINALLY HERE!!!!!!!!!!!AutoXtreme Grow Journal

Thanks everyone! I am trying my best to do the strain justice! With folks like TaNg setting the bar so high I wanted to give it my best shot.

So I decided to go with the Flora line of nutes from General Hydroponics and I have to say that my babies have responded very very well to them! I decided not to use the Canna line because it was the Substra series and it is made for drain to waste hydro systems not recirculating dwc's I have a feeling it is because they have a pretty bad salt build up. So I am using the flora line(floraGro,FloraMicro and FloraBloom), Al-ga-mic, CalMag, and Humbolt nutrients Ginnormus for the PK booster. With all of that the ladies have all perked up and are getting green back in the leaves within 12 hours. So I am a very happy grower right now. I am watching my buds fatten up by the day, and the stink has finally arrived :) I walked into my house today and it smelled like rotten fruit mixed with a skunky undertone. It smells DELICIOUS!! It's almost time to hook up the ole carbon filter whoo hoo!

Oh and I am about to take some better pictures of the buds, so you can actually see them.

PICTURE UPDATE: Here are a couple of bud shots that are a little bit better and another shot of the whole schabang. budshots 001.jpgbudshots 002.jpgbudshots 003.jpgbudshots 004.jpgbudshots 005.jpg So there yall go, enjoy and let me know what you think. :)

Hey by the time those things are all fat and swollen with delectable dankness, you will not be able to see your fan, or that desk behind there! Looks great man! How are you liking the co2 bag? I've used one before and I was very pleased with it. I always push nutes to the max as well and I came away with two MONSTER plants.....bit off more than I could chew at the time honestly lol.

Hey by the time those things are all fat and swollen with delectable dankness, you will not be able to see your fan, or that desk behind there! Looks great man! How are you liking the co2 bag? I've used one before and I was very pleased with it. I always push nutes to the max as well and I came away with two MONSTER plants.....bit off more than I could chew at the time honestly lol.

Quite honestly I don't know about the co2 bag because I have so much air exchange that I don't think it has enough time to get down to the plants, on the other hand right below the bag are the two biggest colas so it may help. It's funny I actually had to move the fan because the plant was growing into it lol. and I have them all LST'd so the vertical growth should be about as tall as it's going to get. But they are still filling in toward the back so they are still growing like champs. I have always(about 90% of my grows) grown Dutch Passion Blueberry and they are pretty light feeders, so for these to be eating like this is blowing my mind! I love it! The stalks are now probably half dollar size maybe 1 1/4 inches in diameter and the root balls have all almost filled the 5 gallon buckets so these buds should be hella fat! Thats what I am hoping anyway, well thanks for stoppin by my humble little grow, let me know when you get your grow journal up and going. Believe me I know about waiting on beans to arrive(hence the name of my thread lol) they will get there and in the mean time it gives you time to dry run your environment and get everything dialed in perfectly. I think that is one of the main reasons I have done fairly decent this time around is because I had an extra 2 weeks to tinker with everything and it has paid off, having complete enivronmental control is awesome!

Quite honestly I don't know about the co2 bag because I have so much air exchange that I don't think it has enough time to get down to the plants, on the other hand right below the bag are the two biggest colas so it may help. It's funny I actually had to move the fan because the plant was growing into it lol. and I have them all LST'd so the vertical growth should be about as tall as it's going to get. But they are still filling in toward the back so they are still growing like champs. I have always(about 90% of my grows) grown Dutch Passion Blueberry and they are pretty light feeders, so for these to be eating like this is blowing my mind! I love it! The stalks are now probably half dollar size maybe 1 1/4 inches in diameter and the root balls have all almost filled the 5 gallon buckets so these buds should be hella fat! Thats what I am hoping anyway, well thanks for stoppin by my humble little grow, let me know when you get your grow journal up and going. Believe me I know about waiting on beans to arrive(hence the name of my thread lol) they will get there and in the mean time it gives you time to dry run your environment and get everything dialed in perfectly. I think that is one of the main reasons I have done fairly decent this time around is because I had an extra 2 weeks to tinker with everything and it has paid off, having complete enivronmental control is awesome!

Not sure if this will help, but I kept my bag, and will place my new one I bought today behind my oscillating fan on the ground. I can't say for sure that this was the ticket, but the 2 plants I was growing at the time (DWC) exploded and stayed healthy....until their demise....(RIP). DWC + Canna Rhizotonic + co2 = tears of destiny!

Tonight I'll be building my SCROG net and retrofitting my rez with a site glass/drain. Get this.....my first and only attempt at DWC I was actually swapping buckets out every res change.....TF WAS I ON!!!! Answer: That good good! I've added a pump to pump nutrients in from a rez that will be kept bubbling for at least 24 hours before a res change is needed. So yes, tinker we must my friend! *A.D.D. moment* .......imagine what the science behind growing buds is going to be like when I'm 80 (+50yrs)...Hahahaha Autoflowers are going to be microwavable, just add water!! <<There's that weed talking again!! Peace brotha!!

Yep I think that we are at the begining of the autoflower movement and not too far in the future Photoperiod plants will only be used for breeding specific traits into autflowering varities lol. I put a couple of links in your Scrog Net Spacing thread that should help you out. That is funny you were changing out buckets, but quite honestly it may be easier to do it that way lol. I actually have what I call a semi recircualting DWC because my pump is not always on, I have it in my resivour bucket and only turn it on when I need to feed or adjust the pH. I have two inlets on the inside of my rez bucket and hook up the hose to one and let it run, the reason I don't leave it on all the time is because I didn't build it right so the water pumps faster than it comes back into the bucket, once this grow is done I am going to re do it right where it recircs all the time. But it is kind of good for me because it forces me to spend time with my plants everyday. I have a theory that the amount of time spent is directly related to yeild and quality. Basically the more time you spend with them the better they will be. I think that I am defintly going to scrog my next run of AutoUltimates because I could hav utilized my space much more effectivly with a scrog net this time around. I just didn't realize how big they were going to get lol, but that is not the worse problem to have. I will quit rambling now, happy growing and I am sending super good grow Karma that way

Yep I think that we are at the begining of the autoflower movement and not too far in the future Photoperiod plants will only be used for breeding specific traits into autflowering varities lol. I put a couple of links in your Scrog Net Spacing thread that should help you out. That is funny you were changing out buckets, but quite honestly it may be easier to do it that way lol. I actually have what I call a semi recircualting DWC because my pump is not always on, I have it in my resivour bucket and only turn it on when I need to feed or adjust the pH. I have two inlets on the inside of my rez bucket and hook up the hose to one and let it run, the reason I don't leave it on all the time is because I didn't build it right so the water pumps faster than it comes back into the bucket, once this grow is done I am going to re do it right where it recircs all the time. But it is kind of good for me because it forces me to spend time with my plants everyday. I have a theory that the amount of time spent is directly related to yeild and quality. Basically the more time you spend with them the better they will be. I think that I am defintly going to scrog my next run of AutoUltimates because I could hav utilized my space much more effectivly with a scrog net this time around. I just didn't realize how big they were going to get lol, but that is not the worse problem to have. I will quit rambling now, happy growing and I am sending super good grow Karma that way

Links received, thanks! And we all know plants talk, so I believe your theory to be true. Like all living things these girls just wanna be loved haha! Catch ya later!

Indeed love is always the key! Good luck on your scrog build!

Back