My Autoflower Topping & LST Journey - Daily Updates

Still going strong...

The new growth is erupting from underneath now. I am trying to tuck and arrange leaves to let the light through and allow the growth to come out from under these big fan leaves. Not easy...

Either way it seems all is well and these girls are about to get big and bushy. Not sure I am going to be able to wait too much longer before tieing her up again.

IMG_20191006_200525.jpg

IMG_20191006_200817.jpg

Quick pic update...

Been pretty cool to see all that undergrowth erupt and grow.

Either because my light is so close or because I had done some LST or possibly genetics there was minimal vertical growth between nodes. This is making things a little crowded and causing some new growth to run into some bigger fan leaves.

To solve this with minimal stress I have been tucking but you can see some deformed leaves. Not sure if this is normal.

Anyhow here you go...

Fastberry:

IMG_20191007_200603.jpg

Smoothie:

IMG_20191007_200557.jpg

IMG_20191007_200953.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20191001_221138.jpg
    IMG_20191001_221138.jpg
    241 KB · Views: 150
Quick update...

Just tightened those strings a little and pulled em over a bit more.

Again taking it slow, but my goal is to pin these girls down and keep em low.

I know both of these should be pretty quick to start flowering and I am hoping to have a good spread before they start stretching.

These girls will be 2 weeks old tomorrow and they are growing pretty well despite my intervention.

Fastberry:

View attachment 1109576

Smoothie:

View attachment 1109575

The Setup:

View attachment 1109574
How many weeks in is this

Sorry for the delay but a quick update...

Been leaving them alone aside from some leaf tucking. Trying to get some vertical growth but these things are determined to become bushes.

Had a few early mornings this week and in my rush to water them in the morning I cracked a main branch on the Fastberry. Seems to have healed however there was some slow growth compared to the Smoothie.

Either way they are both now growing well and I will start taking some more side profile pics to show growth.

For now here are a couple days of pics...

Fastberry on the right and Smoothie on the left...

Oct 8th:

IMG_20191010_200020.jpg

Oct 10th:

IMG_20191010_195854.jpg

Today marks 3 weeks I believe...

All topped and ready for some vertical growth during stretch.

If we are talking about slightly bigger autos which perform better with lst than smaller ones, then do you have any idea how much yield difference you would expect to see by implementing some minor lst vs not doing so?

If we are talking about slightly bigger autos which perform better with lst than smaller ones, then do you have any idea how much yield difference you would expect to see by implementing some minor lst vs not doing so?

There are many factors that play a part but it definitely increases yields.

@autobeast has a thread with a few great examples and he shares alot of knowledge. I'd recommend checking it out. His thread gave me the courage to chop mine. ;)

The vertical growth continues with each plant now working on a pretty even canopy.

The Fastberry is definitely showing the stunted growth after that broken branch but still seems healthy and strong. She looks and smells like she is starting to flower as well which isn't a surprise given she showed pistils a week ago and they are now just about a month old.

The Smoothie has taken off and seems like she has no plans of slowing down. She is definitely responding well to the topping and LST.

I am feeding them a late veg solution using General Hydroponics and the Coco For Cannabis DTW schedule and have been very happy with the results so far.

Here they are... Fastberry on the right and Smoothie on the left...

IMG_20191012_091545.jpg
IMG_20191012_091518.jpg

Well now that the Fastberry has started flowering the Smoothie has charged ahead and is even bigger. Still no Pistils on the Smoothie either but I am hoping she starts soon. Mixing diff nutrients and dealing with the uneven canopy is not ideal... But I guess that's what I get for growing different strains... Lol

Anyhow I have taken a few fan leaves off to get a little light and air better penetration and have just continued LST adjustments here and there.

Hoping I can let them go from here without too much adjustment but we shall see... I may be able to get a few more tops going on the Smoothie if she keeps growing though...

Fastberry on the left and Smoothie on the right...

IMG_20191014_085822.jpg
IMG_20191014_085153.jpg

And for our update today we have the Fastberry battling back and giving us a day of great growth. Might be starting to stretch as she has just begun flowering these last couple days.

The Smoothie does not dissapoint however and is becoming a monster of a bush. I don't have much more room to stretch her out so I'm hoping these smaller inner tops take off these next couple days.

If all goes well it looks like we could have a dozen tops or more on each plant so I am pretty happy with things so far. I just hope this light will be able to keep up. Speaking of light I am sitting at around 24 inches with the QB288 but I plan on slowly lowering her once the Smoothie flowers.

Fastberry on the left and Smoothie on the right...

IMG_20191015_202552.jpg
IMG_20191015_202857.jpg

Back