Harvest & Curing Moisture of dried/cured buds?

Im not sure. Id do it in wood setting but id just try the diff settings and see what happens. If theres different readings un the same stem from different settings id look at your manual book. Im guessing setting A but im not 100 percent sure. Id play around with it. Mine only says wood or building setting. Not a bunch of options on mine.
Dank - thank you for getting back to me. Soon after I posted my message, I realized that I could back into the readings. Apologies for me spinning your wheels.

I tested a nug that's in a Grove bag reading 62% RH. When I press the spikes into the nug, I get the following readings:

1657311121393.png

I used the meter for a harvest at the beginning of the year. When I turned on the meter earlier this week, the wood type was set to "B". Between that and the testing I just ran, I think B is the appropriate setting.

Dank - thank you for getting back to me. Soon after I posted my message, I realized that I could back into the readings. Apologies for me spinning your wheels.

I tested a nug that's in a Grove bag reading 62% RH. When I press the spikes into the nug, I get the following readings:

View attachment 1483936

I used the meter for a harvest at the beginning of the year. When I turned on the meter earlier this week, the wood type was set to "B". Between that and the testing I just ran, I think B is the appropriate setting.
Were supposed to test the stems though. If you bucked your buds off stems now you know not to do that next time. I made the same mistake my first time with my meter. The moisture in stems will be higher than the bud. That moisture from the stems Will work its way back into the bud and can cause mold if sealed too moist which is why i sweat my buds in a paper bag. Once they hit 11 or 12 percent moisture i cut smaller branches and put em in paper bags for a day to several days. I seal paper bag by folding top of bag for 12 hours. Then Open for 12 hours. Then check moisture content. When stems read 10 to 11 percent moisture content i then buck buds off and trim then seal for 2 weeks at least for the cure. The longer the cure the better the smoke gets. Peace and happy growing!

Were supposed to test the stems though. If you bucked your buds off stems now you know not to do that next time. I made the same mistake my first time with my meter. The moisture in stems will be higher than the bud. That moisture from the stems Will work its way back into the bud and can cause mold if sealed too moist which is why i sweat my buds in a paper bag. Once they hit 11 or 12 percent moisture i cut smaller branches and put em in paper bags for a day to several days. I seal paper bag by folding top of bag for 12 hours. Then Open for 12 hours. Then check moisture content. When stems read 10 to 11 percent moisture content i then buck buds off and trim then seal for 2 weeks at least for the cure. The longer the cure the better the smoke gets. Peace and happy growing!
Thanks for the advice - much appreciated.

Back