Harvest & Curing Grove Bags and Boveda Curing

great minds think alike i tried that so d it is i got 11 per cent with buds that have been curing for about 3 months and thanks to all of you guys back here
Ya forgot to tell us WHICH setting you used.

@Grove Bags @Mañ'O'Green @WildBill @derek420colorado i bought myself a wood meter but mine has 4 modes for different wood types i was wondering if anyone can help me out as im not sure what one to try also is it 10 to 11 pcent were looking for and thanks guys View attachment 1330909View attachment 1330910
I dont have experience with this specific meter but make sure the probes going through one of the larger colas and into the steam for the most accurate reading. Shoot for 11% if you go over 13.5% you may have to burp the bags the first day or two.

Ok this tool can be a real game changer for me. I tested a bud that has been in a jar with Boveda for 4 months, a hygrometer reads 58 % RH:

View attachment 1223182

Then I tested a bud that has been in the Grove Bag for 17 days the hygrometer reads 65% RH

View attachment 1223186

So there is a correlation here between RH in the container and the moisture content of buds in storage. I just will need to use it many times to see if I can establish a scale or curve. I just have to say I am so excited about the potential of this tool to help me dry my buds!

@Grove Bags Does it make more sense now that you see what I am doing here? Calibrate the tool to known parameters (sorta).

I am pressing some rosin out of the Skunk bud and will have an idea about the action of the moisture content. 65% RH is just a little on the high side as 62% is good for rosin. I will let every one know how it comes out.

:vibe:
Kia Ora to you kind sir! How has this moisture meter been working for you? I have two very expensive moisture meters and really don't want to use them for anything but wood. I build high end modern furniture and do not want to risk the contamination...Just ordered some Grove bags as well!

Hey everyone great thread! Question for @Grove Bags, I’ve been putting my trimmed buds in jars while I waited for the grove bags to come, got them today! If I have buds that are registering 64% to 65% humidity in the jars, do you think they’re ready to pop in the grove bags or should they sweat a bit more first. I’m getting a moisture meter from Amazon tomorrow but not sure how accurate so was wondering if you had a general rule for humidity before putting buds in the bags. Also, if I have half pound bags but only say a qp in there is that ok? Appreciate the advice!

I use the moisture meter when the buds are hanging on the line. They go to brown paper bags at 12% - 13% moisture on the meter. I shoot for 62% to 64% RH when closed in a jar as the final test before going in the Grove Bags.

Thanks so much for the advice guys! So @Grove Bags, Would it be safe to say that if the humidity meter is reading 65% RH or below in the bags they are good to go and don’t need to be burped?

Back