Lighting Modular Cree COB build

I placed a custom order at almost 9 last night and it will be here saturday. Tell me they aren't top notch! :d5::yay1:

I have to a a question about led spectrums while i wait on parts. Wouldn't it be good to have 2700k and 6500k cobs if they were readily available? Using clf lights that was supposed to be the best spectrums. Using them in addition to the 3500k cobs now.

Surely as the technology improves they will be affordable.

I have to a a question about led spectrums while i wait on parts. Wouldn't it be good to have 2700k and 6500k cobs if they were readily available? Using clf lights that was supposed to be the best spectrums. Using them in addition to the 3500k cobs now.

I have only run the 3500k so I can not speculate

Cobs unlike cfl's are not cheap or easy to swap in and out. Testing has shown that 3500k is the best for both veg and flower if you had to choose one spectrum. Adding in multiple cct's would work but result from having a 6500k later in flower wouldnt be beneficial. Where a CFL you could just unscrew it. Now if you had a specific veg and flower light then definitely ho with more specific temperatures to fit those needs.

But bigsm0, if they could be swapped like cfs then it would make a difference? Yes the cost is there, but i think it can be done. It seems like having the whole spectrum is important.
I was hoping to find out availability of the cobs in that range. I know citizen has them but not if they are available. I have an idea buzzing in my brain

But bigsm0, if they could be swapped like cfs then it would make a difference? Yes the cost is there, but i think it can be done. It seems like having the whole spectrum is important.
I was hoping to find out availability of the cobs in that range. I know citizen has them but not if they are available. I have an idea buzzing in my brain
Yes If you could manage to swap the cobs around I think it would be very beneficial. I tried to look for the charts but struck out. I think atulip posted them somewhere here too

Thanks big! I will definitely post what i find.
I will be sending out emails to a couple companies this weekend. Im thinking 32v cobs if possible for my madness.

It'd be fun to see someone one day do similar to a couple of the Plurple LED's that have the veg and bloom mode switches. Put in both the spectrums and have them on separate drivers/switches. Run the veg spectrum only until ready to flower then kick in the bloom COB's to go with 'em for the big push during bloom.

Got it. As you can see the 5000k is much better for vegging but not as good for flower. And the opposite for the 3000k. The 3500k is a little more even yet again.

image.jpeg

Another package from Northern Grow Lights! Includes a bunch of extra hardware too. Connectors, screws and eye bolts.
20160828_094058.jpg
20160828_094131.jpg

Back