Auto Seeds MissUniverse's 2019 Autoseeds Growbattle thread

I knew there was something I was told last round... is it this stuff on Amazon?
Amazon product

PM me and in the next day we can swap through. Got a friend who said they will reship me the package no questions asked as long as it's not illegal (i said no of course) and its packaged as a package sealed inside the package with my name inside the package if that makes sense (like their address on the outside, and then just write "to Missy Reference:xyz" and they will forward to me).

Yes that is HydroGuard. My second DWC grow got root rot and I was about to just throw it out when the guy at the local hydro shop gave me a sample and told me it was good stuff. I put it in the reservoir and no kidding overnight it was cured. The crop was excellent like it never happened. I don't DWC without it.

Oh I never did this. Calling all @CannaZone Tier 1 for my grow battle thread and for you guys to watch some autoseeds brand dreamberry grown in dwc. I'm trying to drive some traffic so I can get feedback on what I need to change to keep things going well.

Heres my day 14 dreamberry in dwc. General hydroponics maxiseries (maxigro maxibloom) with xtremegardening azos and mykos wp.
S5DWNXG.jpg
I wish mine looked like this D14:pass:
I've had 2 successful and one failed dwc grows but the failure I believe was partially due to my own doing and also the plant just stalling out. So far this time things seem to be doing well. I got 125g off a Tyrone special in 60 days back in 2017 fwiw. I am watching ph which is riding at 5.8 and I'm adjusting as needed checking every hour for the first 6 hours then every 12 hours and adjusting but it hasn't needed to be adjusted as the maxiseries is ph buffered and balanced and with my water and everything I add it perfectly balanced to 5.8
love that yield, love that speed. Even though I'ma dirtbag, love to watch DWC

Yes that is HydroGuard. My second DWC grow got root rot and I was about to just throw it out when the guy at the local hydro shop gave me a sample and told me it was good stuff. I put it in the reservoir and no kidding overnight it was cured. The crop was excellent like it never happened. I don't DWC without it.
That's awesome. Gonna take till Tues or Weds to get to me but will be worth every penny. Gotta get an Amazon gift card for it when I can get paid. One of the few things I'll splurge for because its necessary for this right now to get the grow going.
I wish mine looked like this D14:pass:

love that yield, love that speed. Even though I'ma dirtbag, love to watch DWC
Thanks, I'm surprised at myself to be honest. Usually dosent look this good but for some reason I'm nailing it... hopefully I continue to. And yeah idk if you remember that show case item or not. I can link it if you want me to. That's back when Derek was around and helped me every day holding my hand. Hes the reason I succeeded then and hopefully with everyone's help I can succeed this time! I'm a soil person too a lot of the time but I'm doing dwc to try and contend with the big name growers and maybe find a name for myself so I can get some people to get me some sideline support later down the road :)

Day 17, tucked the leaves. One leaf didnt snap nor did it tear but it bent easy like I did half RIP but I dont see any tear but if the leaf did break it's no biggie its gonna be gone soon. I'm almost tempted to just try and remove them anyway as they are just in the way... have to buy an Amazon gift card may be a day or two till I can get the hydroguard ordered until them I'm watching closely. Things look ok but in watching and will be dumping the res weekly.

[EDIT]
I moved the bucket to the other side of the tent so it gets better light
[/EDIT]

TBRnAB4.jpg

8DPOIWw.jpg

CkCajHP.jpg

I'll take photos in a bit and upload them later but I did this time when I tucked accidentally snap off those two leaves I said were kinda half snapping but it's ok because it opened up a lot to get light and I dont think it harmed a thing. Looks to me like it might be beneficial. Jm assuming others do or have accidentally done it before... i dont foresee any issues because of it.

Crisis averted with the Richard. I found out hydro guard is Bacillus Amyloliquefaciens, I then asked around and found out this product is that organism Amazon product
Southern Ag Garden Friendly Biological Fungicide,16oz
by Southern Ag

Crisis averted with the Richard. I found out hydro guard is Bacillus Amyloliquefaciens, I then asked around and found out this product is that organism Amazon product
Southern Ag Garden Friendly Biological Fungicide,16oz
by Southern Ag

I have searched and search for a seasoned DWC hydro grower that has used this to cure or prevent root rot successfully. I see a lot of noobs that try it and never report back on other forums? So point me to such a person that has documented such a grow. Please. It is not listed as a use by Southern AG.

I have searched and search for a seasoned DWC hydro grower that has used this to cure or prevent root rot successfully. I see a lot of noobs that try it and never report back on other forums? So point me to such a person that has documented such a grow. Please. It is not listed as a use by Southern AG.
Well I'm going to try it, the sell themselves lists in the q and a that it works for root for. Also every piece of literature dosent specify what strain is needed of bacillus amyloliquefaciens is needed. Strain D747 is discussed in the fermentation of soy sauce which means it allows bacteria but not fungus to grow and to their thing. Its discussed here
https://www.science.gov/topicpages/b/bacillus+amyloliquefaciens+strain

One of specific interest I'm noting below
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26518268
1. Pest Manag Sci. 2016 Aug;72(8):1529-36. doi: 10.1002/ps.4181. Epub 2015 Dec 1.

Evaluation of the endophytic nature of Bacillus amyloliquefaciens strain GYL4 and
its efficacy in the control of anthracnose.

Kim JD(1), Jeon BJ(1), Han JW(1), Park MY(1), Kang SA(1), Kim BS(1).

Author information:
(1)Laboratory of Plant Pharmacology, Department of Biosystems and Biotechnology,
College of Life Sciences and Biotechnology, Korea University Graduate School,
Seoul, 136-713, Republic of Korea.

BACKGROUND: Endophytic bacteria are viewed as a potential new source of
biofungicides because they have beneficial characteristics as control agents for
plant disease. This study was performed to examine the endophytic feature and
disease control efficacy of Bacillus amyloliquefaciens strain GYL4 and to
identify the antifungal compounds produced by this strain.
RESULTS: B. amyloliquefaciens strain GYL4 was isolated from leaf tissue of pepper
plants (Capsicum annuum L.). Anthracnose symptoms were markedly reduced in the
leaves of pepper plants colonised by GYL4. An egfp-expressing strain of GYL4
(GYL4-egfp) was constructed and reintroduced into pepper plants, which confirmed
its ability to colonise the internal tissues of pepper plants. GYL4-egfp was
observed in the root and stem tissues 4 days after treatment and abundantly found
in the internal leaf tissue 9 days after treatment. Bacillomycin derivatives
purified from the culture extract of GYL4 displayed control efficacy on
anthracnose development in cucumber (Cucumis sativus L. cv. Chunsim).
CONCLUSION: The present study is the first report on evaluation of the endophytic
and systemic nature of B. amyloliquefaciens strain GYL4 and its potential as a
biocontrol agent for anthracnose management. © 2015 Society of Chemical Industry.

© 2015 Society of Chemical Industry.

DOI: 10.1002/ps.4181
PMID: 26518268 [Indexed for MEDLINE]

So theres a lot of info. But theres a lot of synonyms for the antifungal bacteria in hydro guard. Best I've calculated is you can either go really crazy and go light and do 1 ml in 300 gallons of water or go and be confidentially super strong and do a 20:1 solution that's strong as fuck and do 20 parts water 1 part biofungicide.

Back