Auto Seeds MissUniverse's 2019 Autoseeds Growbattle thread

I'll get back to everyone individually later on today or tomorrow. But it was the airstone. Ph was fine and everything else was good. I think it was going and I didnt pay attention to it like I should have... I think when I write a post finalizing my thoughts on this grow i need to add a note to myself and other growers that you should take out your airstone once a week and clean it or with each res change and check it for airflow as often as you can especially in flower with a full rootball... it also might be better to have multiple airstones for backup inside of the bucket in case of failure of an airstone.
I'm exhausted so just taking a break today and planting some seeds in soil...

I looked very seriously into DWC recently and have many friends that do it and everyone of them have backup pump and run two air stones and still have issues. DWC is harder than alot of people think. Maintaining ph and water temp and air is a constant job and if one fails or deviates it's disastrous. That's why I run drain to waste hydroponics. There's less room for error. It was still a monster though.

I'll get back to everyone individually later on today or tomorrow. But it was the airstone. Ph was fine and everything else was good. I think it was going and I didnt pay attention to it like I should have... I think when I write a post finalizing my thoughts on this grow i need to add a note to myself and other growers that you should take out your airstone once a week and clean it or with each res change and check it for airflow as often as you can especially in flower with a full rootball... it also might be better to have multiple airstones for backup inside of the bucket in case of failure of an airstone.
I'm exhausted so just taking a break today and planting some seeds in soil...
rest easy gro-sis!

I looked very seriously into DWC recently and have many friends that do it and everyone of them have backup pump and run two air stones and still have issues. DWC is harder than alot of people think. Maintaining ph and water temp and air is a constant job and if one fails or deviates it's disastrous. That's why I run drain to waste hydroponics. There's less room for error. It was still a monster though.
Exact reason I’ve stayed away. Too much risk of failure need to run so much more electricity. I thought no air possibly as I’ve seen that ruin a grow quick.

I'm still going through a post mortem but I am thinking the stone was gunned up and it was bunking up and I missed it. The gunk was obviously from the use of mykos and azos. I needed 2 air stones so i had a back up. I have an idea for how to make a bit better dwc airstone hack by pushing a water flush through the disk once in a while or a high flow flush. Would mean messing with the airstone a bit as I use a one sided disk not a small 2 sided type. Which again could be part of the problem so I am considering changing it up and splitting to 3 different air stones in the bucket.

I'm still going through a post mortem but I am thinking the stone was gunned up and it was bunking up and I missed it. The gunk was obviously from the use of mykos and azos. I needed 2 air stones so i had a back up. I have an idea for how to make a bit better dwc airstone hack by pushing a water flush through the disk once in a while or a high flow flush. Would mean messing with the airstone a bit as I use a one sided disk not a small 2 sided type. Which again could be part of the problem so I am considering changing it up and splitting to 3 different air stones in the bucket.
The disks have a better surface area but clog up alot easier than a traditional pill shaped ones. Plus air pumps can fail as well. I was gonna build a giant RDWC undercurrent setup but when I started thinking of ways it can fail and kill the entire crop I opted not to go with it. Instead I got a ebb and flow table and can do flood and drain or drain to waste. But i also seriously looked at the Oxygenpot Superflow XL but was a bit exspensive for what it is.

Back