Outdoor Mini Greenhouse - Lowrider, 60DayLemon, BlueMystic, Auto Purple, Somango

Def not a Guru here - I'm just a keen amateur striving against climatic conditions (i just liked your little Lowryder honest).

But yer that mould is a killer. I just harvested the rest of the previously chopped NL and the Midget (mutant) got it too - it was so small but had three bud sites at every top node so was very compacted in there.

Those mouldy tops of yours are looking well ' foostie ' - tbh I don't like smoking spores (I left my Psylocybin years behind over 25 years ago - oh god Q the old fart syndrome & mid-life crisis - some get motorcycles, some grow weed, and some get divorced). I would just bin it and bare it - a quick scan over with a magnifier will let you see the collapsed trichomes on the mouldy bits < those bits I just discard.

I'm posting about week behind atm will try and update pics tomorrow - if it stops raining. The Diesel Ryder in the coldframe is collapsing to all yellow fans now and looking good for a week+ yet - the others are on daily checks now :(

I really hate prowling round my plants, they are all in what are technically a communal garden - definitely not a site for the faint hearted or paranoid. An interesting technique I have for a casual inspection is to walk round them and photograph the buggers (sorry little darlings) - then you can study zoom in on the photos and sometimes see stuff you might have missed on a quick casual inspection. Definitely a good technique for wild grows n' mould spotting - there's always a sense of 'oh yer she's still looking good when doing a quick visual and hands on' - when in fact on later inspection of the pics you spot those brown patches appearing - catching it early is the saviour of many a gram (albeit not fully ripe).

NB - Beware of totally shuttering your coldframe - you need some air passing thu at ALL times - otherwise you will build up humidity and temps. Unfortunately once mould is in a confined space it's much more likely to cross contaminate plants - although some seem more resistant than others. Leave a top vent space to let hot air out if its sunny - and a smaller vent at ground level (creates a slight chimney effect drawing air upwards - Merecats, Moles and Ants do it).

One thing to avoid is cross contamination through touch, wind, watering, if you can see a plant has got mould appearing, deal with the good ones first, carefully move the infected plant out and leave it out!!! Even if its only the top cola the chances are it will have already spored downwards if washed down by rain or watering. Even though you cant see it the chances are there will be fungal spores just waiting to have a go which you can pass from plant to plant by touch << I used to have deal with plants in growth media and it's so easy to cross contaminate if you get bacteria or a fungus in the mix. My first written warning - almost wiped out lots of rare plants 'in vitro', and I had to spend all summer taking cuttings to repair the damage...ooops.

I suspect I can conclude that Scotlands' summer is, for what it's was worth, in it's final throws, and apart from a few harvest / mould announcements it will be down to the coldframe challenge of the Purple Ryders = Can they Survive.... Started late in June and have just started flowering. Gonna be a battle between sunlight and frost methinks. You can but try - could be the best 3grams from 3 plants I've ever had mwahaha.

PS - Woot... No Mrs Lunix in the bath with the loofah in the herb garden - bah we need a section called Weeders Wives.

PPS. What a pile of havering guff I've written (apologies to the wife) - omg I quite like this Mighty Midget (sample smoke) mmmm - that shit is gonna keep me awake.

PPS - Don't smoke this shit and try to reply to forums - posts become essays.

Last edited:
Back