Outdoor Mini Greenhouse - Lowrider, 60DayLemon, BlueMystic, Auto Purple, Somango

LOWRYDER - WEEK 6.5

OK - So today I could give the plant some food it was craving - it was sunny!!! It got a good 7-8 hours direct sunlight, I could almost hear her cry sighes of happiness!!
And boy did it tell come drink time...she took the whole lot and still wanted more!! :yay:

Anyway..I took the chance to take some photos in the sun :) Next time sun is out, I will take photos with the nice camera - promise!

no more talking..here is my baby!! What do you guys think?

It will be 8 weeks wed/thur, nowhere near done, leaaves glistening emerald green and not a bit of browning in sight on the buds! Hoping it will go another 2-3, both because I'd liek her to fill up a bit more and also...I am off on holiday in a week's time for 10 days! that wouldbe perfect, come back for the chop:tang:...

IMG_0253.JPG
IMG_0252.JPG
IMG_0248.JPG
IMG_0247.JPG

Unfortunately a polytunnel or even mini greenhouse in this location isnt possible without attracting more attention than my set up already does - gonna measure up and see if i can lift them as a group of three into a large tub to minimise root disturbance - should only set them back a wee bit but the coldframe should more than make up for that with improved temps and rain proofing in Sept.

A lot of people say that about the trichs on autos - but I found the Lowryder 2's did go to cloudy to amber before they lost the green - so maybe check both ways and see what works for you.

Discretion is first - optimum results unfortunately comes second in that list...even for me, they do not get more than a few hrs direct light unless I am home AND it is sunny...it is what it is though, so trying to find the best performer this summer is a bit of a must for me! I must say I am really impressed with how easy the Lowryder has been...

I know what you mean about the trichomes, and no doubt some buds will be harvested on those to see for myself. :pass:
But I believe the argument being made was that the plant is not quite mature even if all trichomes change colour? The threads I read were pretty much alligned in saying that sometimes the plant is ready before they change, sometimes they have a couple or more weeks left - strain or setup up dependent? who knows - I was probably fairly baked and tired when reading, so it's alittle...hazy!!! :dizzy:

I guess in a few months I'll be in a better position to judge myself! :smokeit:

WEEK 4 - The rest (Blue Mystic, Somango, Auto Purple & 60 Day Lemon - all autos)

Ok, time for a little update. Most seem to be doing OK considering the crappy weather....the BM has gone in the mini greenhouse with the rest, while the 60DL is on the bathroom's windowsill - after all, they did say that it's an ideal plant for windowsills in its description (I dolike testing things!! :stir:). The BM has got a few signs of overwatering/over fert, but nothing radical and it still seems to be growing at the same pace. so fingers crossed!

BM
View media item 1971
60DL
View media item 1969View media item 1968The AP has had a bit of inadvertant rough treatment, but is still growing well and looks like it's showing first signs of sex :jump:
View media item 1972
And the Somango appears to be growing slower than the others...but then it is supposed to take 3 weeks longer, so we'll see!
View media item 1970
These will be the last photos for a couple of weeks - "unfortunately" I am off on holiday :cools:

Though I will be worrying about my babies....:rolleyes1::doh:

LOWRYDER - WEEK 8

Ok, got a glimpse of sunshine, so got to do some photos with the nicer camera - though maybe not the most complimentary for the buds, lol :)

DSC_0022.JPG DSC_0024.JPG DSC_0024a.jpg DSC_0023.JPG

She is starting to show first signs of leaves yellowing...will look at trichomes tomorrow but - I have no idea how fast they mature but I am guessing I will be OK for 10 days from now?

There are a few with burnt edges too. I have been using an electric bat to keep bugs under control (with decent success it seems when combined with a neem spray - the leaves have got no more bites :) ), which I noticed sparked when touching a leaf by mistake...unfortunately it has happened a few times, so I now move the plants before swiping. No point killing the animals if I do the same amount of damage! :shrug:

Sunshine has come out - here are a few pics with teh better camera...though I had to resize to upload, so not sure I actually gained much! :doh:

DSC_0026.JPG DSC_0029 lq.jpg I still think she looks :drool::drool: (yes, I know I am A BIT biased! But I am getting excited looking at her starting to sparkle! :eyebrows:)

Looking good there, If weather allows those last pics of yours look like they have a few weeks to go yet. The main fan leaves will start to yellow when it's getting close. But keep an eye out for mould !

I've had a few accidents with mine - one trampled by kids retrieving football - one to blackfly which were persistent buggers - and others now going to mould on the denser cola (chop time) - well before ripe...

I blame the weather but it might just be me.

https://www.autoflower.org/index.php?threads/n-e-scotland-guerrilla-grow.42840/page-10

Last edited:
Looking good there, If weather allows those last pics of yours look like they have a few weeks to go yet. The main fan leaves will start to yellow when it's getting close. But keep an eye out for mould !

I've had a few accidents with mine - one trampled by kids retrieving football - one to blackfly which were persistent buggers - and others now going to mould on the denser cola (chop time) - well before ripe...

I blame the weather but it might just be me.

https://www.autoflower.org/index.php?threads/n-e-scotland-guerrilla-grow.42840/page-10

Hi mate, thanks :) Agreed, a couple of weeks min...came back from holiday and, like you unfortunately predicted (thx for warning btw) , mould had started!!! :(

I consider myself lucky though, I cought it quite easrly, it seems to have affected hte main cola (BWAAAA - I wanted to cry!! it was looking so good...:( ) nad another branch, both of which were slightly exposed to the opening of the greenhouse. I left it open of course, I was going away and it's summer, didn't want them cooking - right? WRONG! :nono: The great British weather decided to outdo itself and very cold evenings started some damage..

Man, I checked your post out too, really unlucky up there too hey...it sucks, it's frigging supposed to be summer!!! ARGGHHHH!!! Hopefully keeping them covered will help. Your other ones seemed OK. And the weather is heating up! Hopefully some of that really hot med weather from this summer will make its way up...sending karma to you!:bighug:

Anywyas...lets get back to the plant...rather than describe everything, let the photos do some talking - as I said, I got lucky (that one of yours was decimated, i feel for ya :( ), but anotehr couple of weeks would've seen her nicely matured. Just didn't want to risk it spreading or more, better save while I'd still get something decent...

The bad...

IMG_0272.JPG IMG_0274.JPG IMG_0276.JPG

Ok...one one fo the the previous photo most of the plant can be seen to be good...that was sunday, it got cut straight after photo and trimmed.
tonight it's dry and ....just abotu to start curing it. Smell seems nice.

I also had a little try of some smaller buds i let dry (not on plate) - the finsihed product has a sweet undertone when the jar is opened, very nice :) the high seems to be very pleasant too - first green to give me some giggles in quite some time! But then..smoking one's own always has a special extra! ;)

Here are final photos - I will report back on a proper smoke report after a couple of weeks' curing - the other plants hopefully will fill this forum alittle longer to keep us entertained till then! ;)

IMG_0286.JPG IMG_0285.JPG

Nice garden man!

Hi mate, many thanks! Have noticed your photos coming up on the media every now and again - quite a guru by the looks of it, so mthanks for stopping by! :)

Here are some updates on the plants, which were taken at a little over week 5. I haven't got one of the 60Day Lemon because it's on bathroom windowsill and wife was having a bath when I found a spare moment to take pics - but sorry, not posting those!! :p

Auto Purple
IMG_0268.JPG

Blue Mystic
IMG_0267.JPG

Somango

IMG_0269.JPG

The pics were taken just before they got trained down again - they seem to all be responding well to it, shooting up side branches - and we are suppsoed to be getting a little more light over next few weeks, so I will try get them some proper sun! And this time the final weeks they'll all be indoors tightly closed with the door too! :D

Back