Mephisto Genetics Mephisto Sour Hound F2 grow

SH [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG] 2.5 zips in jars and 33g of trim/larf for butter

IMG_20170109_191817.jpg

Ok guys, pheno [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] gave me 1.63 zips dry in the jar and 32g of some fire trim that will be made into rosin soon. The buds on this pheno are smaller and denser than [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG], and the yield was less, but the potency is off the chain compared to the other pheno. HUGE difference to me. I rarely ever have trouble finishing my smokes and this one gave me a run. I smoked a blunt of this pheno earlier and felt like the first time I ever dabbed it was crazy. For sure the strongest smoke I have grown to date can't wait until it gets a good cure (if it lasts that long LOL)

IMG_20170110_220221.jpg

Last edited:
Ok guys, getting settled in at the new place things are happening again, sort of lol.

The SH is curing perfectly, I look at the buds and can't believe I grew this at home. It's the nicest looking and strongest bud I have ever grown. I just got a Pax 2 dry herb vaporizer today and the SH tastes fantastic in it. I am SOLD on organic growing, especially as a medical user.

I will get some pics up of the buds soon. It's interesting to note that the 3 pheno's of this same strain have cured with different smells and tastes from each other.

For the next run I am going to try my hand and run (2) seeds of Deep Blue C F2. I am excited with the lower temps here to see how the colors come out on the plants. They will be start to finish in 10 gallon fabric pots of organic soil and I will be starting out with my Eye Hortilux 600W Blue MH and go from there. If the tent/temps can handle it I might bump it up to the 1K HPS towards the end of the grow we will see how this plays out. I dropped two seeds of the Deep Blue into a solo cup with water tonight so hopefully in the next day or so we will be going into dirt.

Stay Tuned! :frog:

Hey Evil, I see you are going to,try to make Rosin out of SH trim? Have you ever made Rosin from trim? Not the best way to use trim IMO. More work than it is worth. I have pressed a lot of bud into Rosin, you will find that some strains yield,much better than others. Pressing trim is a waste of time,and product. Better off making BHO or edibles from trim. Of course this is just my opinion, but I can tell you that I have a lot of experience with extracts. Good luck.

Hey Evil, I see you are going to,try to make Rosin out of SH trim? Have you ever made Rosin from trim? Not the best way to use trim IMO. More work than it is worth. I have pressed a lot of bud into Rosin, you will find that some strains yield,much better than others. Pressing trim is a waste of time,and product. Better off making BHO or edibles from trim. Of course this is just my opinion, but I can tell you that I have a lot of experience with extracts. Good luck.

Thanks. My buddy owns the press. We used trim and flower from the SH to make Rosin and you're 100% correct better to use flower for Rosin than trim. The two jars left of the trim will be used for butter to make edibles. I do appreciate the heads up though, but yeah the yields were less than we expected from the first jar of trim with the SH. What did press out is strong stuff though so it's all good. Just better uses for the trim as you say. I don't have any of that gear anyways was a buddy of mine near me where I lived before. For now I am enjoying the Pax 2 dry herb vaporizer and the wax pens are taking a break. The taste of the SH is even better in this vaporizer than the water pipe :pass:

Back