Mephisto Genetics Mephisto Sour Hound F2 grow

Very nice grow! Excited to see a smoke report.

Thanks I will reserve full opinion until proper dry and what not but the tester buds I had yesterday had much more intense taste and effect than my last run, so off to a good impression. This drying and curing is the part of growing that makes me most nervous, in my opinion it's the hardest to be good at "consistently" but we keep moving on right lol.

Here's a quick pic showing the plant structure. I do not know what to make right now. To me the buds are dense but smaller than I anticipated, so not sure what yield will be like after they dry. I know this strain is not known for being a big producer but that doesn't mean I can't try and push the boundaries a little right on some meds that work really well for me. :smoking:

IMG_20170105_211042.jpg

I have some Sour Hounds to start, looking forward to your smoke report and final weight. May I make a suggestion? For me personally I prefer to trim my plants properly at harvest. Break them branches down into similar sized single branches and I trim them one time really well and hang. For me hanging whole plants takes longer and you have to handle your buds multiple times. The final product looks nicer if you trim them perfectly when wet, and you lose less Trichs. Just my personal method, everyone as their own preferences.

I have some Sour Hounds to start, looking forward to your smoke report and final weight. May I make a suggestion? For me personally I prefer to trim my plants properly at harvest. Break them branches down into similar sized single branches and I trim them one time really well and hang. For me hanging whole plants takes longer and you have to handle your buds multiple times. The final product looks nicer if you trim them perfectly when wet, and you lose less Trichs. Just my personal method, everyone as their own preferences.

That's how I usually do it, but I am trying it this way this time for comparison is all to be honest. Plus all I did was chop and hang this was very easy this time. And with the bud to leaf ratio there does not seem to be a whole lot to trim after it dries so we will see. I trimmed wet on the last SH run. The smell is much louder this time so........

How many days did you take yours before the chop?

Mine went well over as stunted them quite badly at one point , trichs never turned on mine I put this down to me stunting them but even though the trichs were all clear it's still by far the best iv grown!
Out of curiosity did your trichs turn? Nice harvest there btw bro!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine went well over as stunted them quite badly at one point , trichs never turned on mine I put this down to me stunting them but even though the trichs were all clear it's still by far the best iv grown!
Out of curiosity did your trichs turn? Nice harvest there btw bro!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was about 50/50 cloudy vs clear very little if any amber not what I was looking for in the high to let it get too amber. What I like about this strain (and it's affect on me anyways) is it's strong enough for my pain with my high tolerance but I am still energized to get up and get stuff done and not couch locked. I am sure I could have left them longer too but I was concerned about hurting my yield too there is a balance and I hurt my yields once a while back on an auto leaving it too long and the buds started to go dry and whispy on me being left to mature too long and I did not want to risk that happening with this harvest. Depending on the dry weight this is looking to be my best run so far with any auto's I have grown including the same strain before hand.

Thanks for the kind words the smell coming out of the drying tent is insane lol to say the least.

I highly recommend this strain if you have a high tolerance or a condition with serious pain that needs relief but you still need to be able to function. I have been so happy with the strain I have yet to pop any of the others I got from Mephisto yet. I want to try to setup a perpetual auto only tent after the move.
Thank you I'm going to go see if I can order some this is what I need your girls are awesome I can smell them all the way here!
Sorry I got behind some days I don't think I will make it I'm also very greedy I want to follow everyone.
Your journal and grow has been lovely can't wait till I get better well unless I die first lol.
Awesome job!:slap:

Last edited:
Thank you I'm going to go see if I can order some this is what I need your girls are awesome I can smell them all the way here!
Sorry I got behind some days I don't think I will make it I'm also very greedy I want to follow everyone.
Your journal and grow has been lovely can't wait till I get better well unless I die first lol.
Awesome job!:slap:

Thanks for the kind words. I am anxious for it all to get a proper dry and get the final weights hopefully soon. I smoked some test nugs today again and they were out of this world and I pressed some rosin on my buddies machine tonight from a couple of buds and they were great. Good luck

Back