New Grower Medimadness’ rotating garden of lunacy.

looking great man

we’ve both been delving in to similar things recently by the sounds of things. figuring out why all these nice plants I grow cause me to cough up a lung :haha:
can’t see an end to learning and understanding plants and growing but I enjoy the journey as much as I can whilst coughing :pass:

happy tent :biggrin: top to bottom buds on the candy dawg :smoking: nice job on not pulling the short straw on the NL :smokeit:and getting the 130 day pheno :rofl:
i remember Ed Rosenthal said the growing is more addictive than the smoking :pass:smart ol boy,id have laughed untill now :watering:
a schedule is just a rough guide,best growers read their plants :greenthumb:
biobizz soil and nutes is considered organic.when we water/feed we arnt feeding the plant we are feeding the soil :eyebrows: how long does it take the soil to break down what we just feed it,in order for the nutrients to be available to the plant ?
i dont buy into the flush thing...why? because a few times i couldnt fit a plant back in the cupboard after feeding,so just chopped it :warrior: didnt notice a harshness black ash or nothing :shrug: i do swap the last 2 feeds for just water,but its only 1-1.5L in a 3 or 6L pot so its nowhere near flush (technically a flush is X3 times the pot vol)
and now im stoned and lost :dizzy:
good luck n keep er lit.
:pighug:

happy tent :biggrin: top to bottom buds on the candy dawg :smoking: nice job on not pulling the short straw on the NL :smokeit:and getting the 130 day pheno :rofl:
i remember Ed Rosenthal said the growing is more addictive than the smoking :pass:smart ol boy,id have laughed untill now :watering:
a schedule is just a rough guide,best growers read their plants :greenthumb:
biobizz soil and nutes is considered organic.when we water/feed we arnt feeding the plant we are feeding the soil :eyebrows: how long does it take the soil to break down what we just feed it,in order for the nutrients to be available to the plant ?
i dont buy into the flush thing...why? because a few times i couldnt fit a plant back in the cupboard after feeding,so just chopped it :warrior: didnt notice a harshness black ash or nothing :shrug: i do swap the last 2 feeds for just water,but its only 1-1.5L in a 3 or 6L pot so its nowhere near flush (technically a flush is X3 times the pot vol)
and now im stoned and lost :dizzy:
good luck n keep er lit.

That's exactly what happened with my last NL, she was just on the edge of going into a really heavy indica effect (took a test bud), I had just fed her two days previous and the Nicole started to dominate showing heavy indica bushing and really wanted that 300w LED all for herself and discovered that if anything, the bud was actually a little better.
I even used to "flush" my tomatoes before going into horticulture because before that the only thing I grew was a small auto :crying:

A few advanced students was saying how as most of the energy has actually been accumulated for the last few day push (especially fruit bearing plants like Tom's) that extra feed is unnecessary, so they reduce from what they give in full swing (like compost teas) by half but then double the amount of fluid too and that's what they give until harvest as it's enough to stop a shock or severe deficiency if they need a day or two extra whilst at the same time not pointlessly wasting valuable resource for an identical product.

My goal is to really become self-sufficient in my girls and as long as I'm relying on expensive bottled nutes rather than using my permaculture skills and generating my own mediums and fert simply because I can't stand spending money on bottles of nutes that simply replicate good soil.
Like you said we feed the soil, the soil sustains plant. My tutor said it's best to imagine that the soil is like a smorgasbord and the micro life are the plants fitness team. So if the fitness team is unhealthy, how do you suppose that they can tell the plant what it needs rather than leaving the plant to gorge.
An imperfect analogy, but one that helped me understand anyway.

But then I think that maybe i just can't feel the harshness because when I rip a bong my mates usually don't get how I can do a huge ice bong as a one hitter, but I'll get my mates girlfriend to do a comparison for me when cured lol

But yeah when I figured out that this term flush is used incorrectly and that the end of life "flush" is basically an internet phenomenon which is cool, but means it will be impossible to disprove :crying:

Glad I learnt long ago to only post my controversial growing opinions in my thread unless asked for them elsewhere haha on Reddit people tried to tear me a new one for broaching the subject, was intense :shrug:

looking great man

we’ve both been delving in to similar things recently by the sounds of things. figuring out why all these nice plants I grow cause me to cough up a lung :haha:
can’t see an end to learning and understanding plants and growing but I enjoy the journey as much as I can whilst coughing :pass:

Precisely bro so I think you get my thought pattern. If you feed too much, that's basically only fixed through growth so we gotta a do more to try and feed them properly rather than just boshing and flushing. It works for sure, but there's better ways.

Was looking at how the legal farms run, and it's basically along that principle. They test soil sometimes and adjusts the compost teas and compost itself to ensure an eternal balance of never salted or fallowed land. Very interesting stuff and their plants are insane. I'll try and remember the name and post

Again I only speak for organics though, with my chemical sensitivity organic sources are fine but the chems get me without safety gear which is a pain so I don't really bother researching them much

Candy Dawg is so close, looks like she will be having her final pic done tomorrow for the end of the first leg.
She deserves that extra day to look her best!
IMG_20190425_112046.jpg
IMG_20190425_112035.jpg
IMG_20190425_112028.jpg

But then I think that maybe i just can't feel the harshness because when I rip a bong my mates usually don't get how I can do a huge ice bong as a one hitter, but I'll get my mates girlfriend to do a comparison for me when cured lol

But yeah when I figured out that this term flush is used incorrectly and that the end of life "flush" is basically an internet phenomenon which is cool, but means it will be impossible to disprove :crying:

Glad I learnt long ago to only post my controversial growing opinions in my thread unless asked for them elsewhere haha on Reddit people tried to tear me a new one for broaching the subject, was intense :shrug:

maybe the people out there that can go into detail,on the tatstes ands smells after one drag of a joint :shrug:
pop22 has done a good few tests/myths and such.think theres another thread flushing/cleansing/rinsing/leaching is a good read :coffee:
as for controversal opinions only in ya own thread,incase ya cause offence :shrug:i think we all open to new ideas :thumbsup: AFN isnt reddit,there be none of that here :bighug:
orange hairs popping
keep er lit

:yeahthat:
Personally I've always found a solid flush to work wonders for flavour and eliminating that black ash we're all so scared of seeing but I'm running basically pretty harsh nutes in coco, so it's no wonder they need some help to get rid of all the gunk.

If you can dial in an organic soil grow (such as most commercial farms have) then you're off, obviously it eliminates the need to get rid of it. I'm not there yet but it looks like you're well on your way to getting a good au natural set up. For me it still feels like a pipe dream but something I'm working towards.

I would LOVE to get it to the point where I could comfortably and confidently grow in an all organic bed.

I'm taking notes! Your journey's inspiring me!

Hey guys, didnt do so well on a coursework segment and so went dark from the net to focus on that after the battle completed as my growing was taking up a lot of time.

Just letting the tent take care of itself besides my feeding. Been experimenting with a lower end feeding which has led to deficiencies as im trying to feed as needed which works great and ive been getting the densest buds of my growing so far but it is definitely easier to just pump them but the results with autos are always lack luster. Not sure if overdosing N in early flower causes less bud mass is genuine but ive heard of it and atleast my experience is telling me its the case and when you consider the short true veg stage i think the moment pistils pop you need to be very careful with the grow formulas lest risk loads of small leaves and slightly airier buds.

Ive lost my cheap cob-type led unit, which tbf with two marshydro 300w spread out in the 120x120 has turned out to be more than sufficient and far more economic, grab some LED blue and red strips and attach them to runner systems on the 3 doorless sides of the tent is something im working on but is a bit of a project but tbh ive decided Cobs arent for me since i want more light dispersion this seems a good alternative for me. More on that later :biggrin:

Little update on the tent. NICOLE CREAM is still there somehow chugging past to a 3 month grow :crying: but her buds are sooo dense and soo densely populated with trich mass and theres a lot of it too. Her hairs are oranging very quickly and thats all im waiting for now as her trichs are already where i want them and bud growth has stopped mostly.
IMG_20190525_125408.jpg
IMG_20190525_125506.jpg

Also lovely smelling dense buds on this pink grapefruit despite her small stature. Shes nearly ready to crop also.
IMG_20190525_125447.jpg

Then the amnesias, the small one with some deficiency but coming back to life now.
IMG_20190525_125437.jpg
and the dope seeds ones
IMG_20190525_125429.jpg
IMG_20190525_125451.jpg

Anyway peace guys, will have to do some catching up :gary:

Attachments

• IMG_20190525_125423.jpg
    IMG_20190525_125423.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 100
Less is more. Like that approach. Trying to get the less is more approach dialed in at the turn and stretch, really been enjoying the success with a lot less feed.

Looks like a happy tent. Real life VS the devices. Real life is always the best choice. Hope the coursework sorted itself for ya.

:vibes:
FB

Looks like the plants are doing their thing and letting you do yours! Goo duck with the course, man!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Back