Nutrients MedGrower does Remo Nutrients (DWC/GN lights/DutchPassion AWW)

:salute:12 hours pH -watch reporting in :salute:

pH 6.2 (stable)
EC 1.18 (-0.02 from yesterday / -0.04 from nutrient application)

I am going to do a top up in day or so. Ever falling EC tells me that the feed should be still a bit stronger.

12 hours pH -watch reporting in again
pH 6.2 (stable!)
EC 1.18 (no change)

I went ahead and cooked up a top up of solution as I saw the girls are really consuming it. I used 10ml per 7litres of all nutrients, other than with Astro Flower I went only by 5ml. I am bit scared of that NPK in it for this stage still. Too much potassium might affect the uptake of Mg and Ca and we just had a minor issue with Ca. This is my reasoning, along with the pH ofcourse. Ca -issues have not gone any worse and situation seems pretty good.

As I made this solution and took pH I noticed that it settled for 5.8 and that is quite low. I did do a chemical test of that also, to be sure and it supported that reading. I did fix this pH by adding 20ml of Potassium Silicate -solution (1,5% strength) and it brought the pH up to 6.2 that I feel is safe to apply. I see that by having the pH set so low, it conviniently allows "room" for adding silica. Honestly, I still have a bit of mixed feelings about this. In one hand I don't like these nutrients being so acidic. In other, I understand that this is a good opportunity to always add decent amount of silica and not have to again adjust the pH down. Hmm.. it wouldn't be fair to say this would be a negative aspect. It's more like a property, or a detail about these nutrients. Mhhhaaah... I will not do conclusions yet though. Let's see if there is a constant pattern of low pH at this level of dosage.

12 hours pH -watch report
pH 6.2 (stable)
EC 1.23

Topup feed bumbed the EC up to this level. Lets see if it sill comes down over time or not. I think it is safe to say that the pH is going to stay stable. I am going to give another day of intense monitoring still and then switch to 24 hours checks. Girls are growing up fast. Going to have to adjust the lights up again.

12 hours pH -watch report
pH 6.2 (stable)
EC 1.24 (goes with the measurement uncertainty = stable)

Sure looks this solution stays stable after you properly adjust it. Seems like for hydro it is good idea to bumber the solution with silica and you will have a lot easier time. I guess thats it for the pH watch. Didn't want to bore you guys out with these but just to document these readings if they might tell anything when I get back and review my feeding plan and how it all went.

DAY 39

I still see some minor Ca -defiencies emerging on the leafs and some signs I suspect as a minor light burn. I've been pushing these babies hard. Perhaps too hard. I now added full dosage of Astro Flower just to make sure plants will get enough potassium and phosphorus along with Mg, Ca and iron to cover all the bases of these issues there has been. Included one photo example of issues my plants been having so you can chime in on it, it's a picture of a leaf from middle of the the plant. I think it is Ca -issue but might it even be some early signs of phosphorus defiency? As I've been running the lights pretty close I though there might have been a heightened need for phosphorus. If so, Astro Flower should have it covered by now.

Still going with just one GN MS0006 -light drawing 180w of power. In a week or so I plan to add one HS1 to boost the flowering needs. I gave this time just a bit lighter basefeed since the EC seemed to wander a bit up and I am seeing slight tipburns. We have reached the maximum these babies like to have.

pH 6.1
EC 1.20

Feed for 21 litres of water:
MICRO 24ml
BLOOM 24ml
AstroFlower 30ml
MagNifiCal 30ml
VeloKelp 30ml
Nature's Candy 30ml

+60ml of Potassium Silicate @ 1,25% strength to buffer the solution pH

PICS:

D39 topview
AWW D39 top.JPG

D39 sideview, height is now 60cm
AWW D39 side.JPG

D39 Budling
AWW D39 budling.JPG

Suspected Ca -issue from the middle of the plant. You can spot it from the topview too.
AWW D39 Ca -issue.JPG

Last edited:
Still looking really good bro

Still looking really good bro

That coming from you means a lot to me bro. :toke:

Yeah I am not too jumpy about those bad leaves, they happen every now and then but since I like to have my garden all nice and perfect it is always a bummer to see something like that. Plus I want to give you a full view what is going on, the good, the bad and the ugly. :thumbsup: Glad I got them to grow that much by now, AWW shouldn't grow too tall at all so I won't expect them to strech much more. 1 meter would be ideal since that would allow another meter headroom for the heat to rise and vent out.

DAY 40

pH 5.9
- corrected it back to 6.1
EC 1.20 - remains stable

I see some further damage to the plant tissue. I just try not to mind it since pH and EC are optimal, light is not too close, temperatures are good and I am feeding the plant all it should need. Issue seems to affect only the middle to top part of the plant (the youngest are fine) so my thinking of it is that is either one or a combination of these; Ca -defiency, Light burn, Nutrient burn due to condensation built on the leaves.

Day40 overview. In total the plant looks to be healthy and nice.
D40 overview.JPG

Now for the damage: Brown spots on the tips and edges of the leaf
IMG_3364.JPG

IMG_3371.JPG

IMG_3373.JPG

IMG_3374.JPG

Little budlings are doing fine
IMG_3377.JPG

Last edited:
DAY 41 -readings

pH 6.0
(corrected it back to 6.1 with couple drops oh pH up)
EC 1.21 (stable, I think it is safe to say we have optimal amount of nutes for now)

DAY 42

pH 6.2
EC 1.28

It seems I was wrong. It seems that we are entering into that phase already where these babies are sucking the solution up like crazy and seem to prefer a bit more water than anything else. So we can observe the raised EC. Ca -issues have gotten further and I now see more tissue damage on further up the leaves. I had good consultation from @Waira and @RemoNutrients so thank you for your time guys. I know you both are busy so it is well appriciated! :smokeout:

My thoughts about the Remo Nutrients so far:

+ I've seen massive development of the plants and just couple of weeks and equal, if not even better, early budsite development that I had with AN -line.
+ When I think about the costs of these nutrients compared to the competition keeping mind the results, yeah. That makes me smile.
+ Simple and easy feeding to follow.

- I find the low pH to be a bit of a pain in my garden. I know this might not be an issue for most people but in my circumstances it is.
- Ca -issues that follows the low pH. I've used MagNifiCal already along (although not with the full strenght) with the feed and still I got these issues. I am sure it is part because I use my regular LED light and ran it tad too close. I am not sure but I have a hunch that also the rapid growth these nutes have caused has put additional toll to the plant in regards of Ca and Mg uptake. At this stage plants tend to need more Ca so in that sense, no wonder I've been having those issues.

++ Despite my issues with pH and Ca -defiency, I see there is no stopping these babies from roaming around my closet. They are energized, and otherwise healthy and happy. Circumstances with my garden can be demanding and I am certain these issues are due to my inexperience with this nutrient line and are therefore, grower related. Let's get them to be pretty for the better part of the blooming, shall we?

Cooked up a topup for the reservoir today:
7 litres of water @ 0.13 EC

15ml MagNifiCal <--- Bumbed up to combat Ca -defiency. I plan to keep this rate up for a week or so and hope the issues will halt
10ml MICRO
10ml BLOOM
10ml Nature's Candy
10ml VeloKelp

Used pH up to adjust the pH to 6.2, EC rests at 1.06. Adding that to the reservoir should dilute the solution down from it's elevated position. Later today I take another measurement to see where it rests and I may update it to this post. --> UPDATE: pH settled to 6.2 and EC to 1.22

PICS

Topview:
AWW D42 topview.JPG

Sideview:
AWW D42 sideview.JPG

Ca -issue:
AWW D42 Ca issue.JPG

Ca- issue:
AWW D42 Ca issue2.JPG

Stem: (it is getting strong!)
AWW D42 stem.JPG

Budling: