Nutrients MedGrower does Remo Nutrients (DWC/GN lights/DutchPassion AWW)

Excellent work simple as that

DAY 70

pH 6.3
EC 1.03

I have been lowering the EC as it has a tendency to rise during this period. Plenty of brown pistils on the buds indicating the end of the cycle. I think I will give it couple weeks still. Honestly, cannot wait to trim this baby up and take some close shots of those main buds when they are trimmed.

I've started to simply give Micro, Bloom, Astro Flower and Nature's Candy about 1,5ml per litre for these final days.

AWW D70 sideview.JPG

DAY 78

Looking at these ladies showing all the signs of being fully matured, I am planning for a harvest at weekend. We have a strong, fullbodied aroma of White Widows and surely seems like we are getting well over 1gpw with this grow. I am a fan of this type of genetics that stay compact with no much extra fanleaves. That makes the harvest so much more quicker, simpler and fun.

AWW D78 overview.JPG

Thickness reference with Arizer Solo
AWW D78 monsterbud.JPG

:drool::slap: they look great medgrower .
Makes for an easy trim job too

DAY 80

These will be the final pictures before I go and cut these babies down. I am really satisfied with the end results. I will work on some conclusions about my impressions on these nutrients and sum that all up as a nice package. I got to say that I would recommend these nutrients for anyone.

AWW D80 sideview.JPG

AWW D80 topview.JPG

AWW D80 bud.JPG

DAY 81 - Harvest

Just finished chopping up the ladies. It was pretty easy job as the buds had swollen up good not leaving too much of trim work. I had to work just some one and half hours to get them all nice and done. There was a lot of bud. I clocked in the wet weight to be at 1203 grams. That would translate to an estimate of 300g dry using basic 1/4 method. With maximum of 255w used on the peak generative period and to be fair, calculating it from from that basis, we would get 1,17 gpw performance. That is bit more than I would have hoped for and is certainly satisfying, even if the dry weight would turn out to be slighly lesser than 300g.

I got some pictures monster buds here:
Bud01.JPG

Bud02.JPG

All of it on table, after the initial fan leaf removal:
Harvest.JPG

Final closing words about my impressions of Remo Nutrients:

THE GOOD
+ These bottles are designed really good! They fit in hand nice, the opening is small and easy to pour (does not spill and make a mess!!!) This might be a small issue for some but for me it is a matter of everyday convinience and it matters to me. My initial impression was further valitaded after I went back to doing a feed of Advanced Nutrients. Upon my first shake of the nutrient bottle, the cap leaked solution on my hand and I was like.... yeah... this stuff... I really appriciate a good design of a bottle when I behold one and this one does its job like it should.

+ I also loved the smell of the nutrients, they smell good and pleasant and almost made me want to drink them. I don't know if would actually be a negative thing about nutrients since you absolutely should not do that. Sweet and tasty smell makes you think that is some real good stuff that you are putting out for your plants. I usually trust my nose. Velokelp smells almost like Canna Boost, by the way. I know it is a secret what goes into it but I suspect there is something very similar in that bottle right there.

+ Manufacturer advice on the dosage actually is pretty close on the EC/PPM that I would like to feed to my garden in DWC. I actually did separate tests on each bottle on how they do raise EC and calculated the wanted dosage based on that. I ended up reducing only about 33% of the total amount of nutrients from the recommended standard by manufacturer. That is huge difference to many other nutrient companies from what I have usually had to decrease them to about 50%. Therefore, I am sure the manufacturer's own recommedation actually works for some growers and mediums. I can appriciate that kind of honesty.

+ pH settles close to the optimal. My experience was that the pH did usually settle a tad too acidic, so buffering that with silica was something I used to do to counter the acidity.

+ Relatively simple nutrients to use. Not too many bottles but they still have most of the stuff you would ever want to apply for your garden. Dosaging is made to be simple and fast. I find it very convinient.

+ Cost. My God, the cost is so low compared to what other brands I have to choose from and what they cost. I did do a spending calculations on different brands I've been using based on my growings and the data I pulled from them. Growing actively on two different grow cabinets annually, the cost of Remo Nutrients was only 276 euros for me. For comparison, Advanced Nutrients in same circumstances would be 486 euros. For further comparison, Canna Nutrients would take the annual price of nutrients to a whopping 816 euros. So in comparision, I would save minimum of 210 euros annually and still get same, or even better results than with Advanced Nutrients. Compared to Canna, I would save 540 euros. That is a huge amount of money.

1. an spending.png

2. canna spending.png

3. remo spending.png

+ Performance upon my initial test grow was absolutely great! Nutrients did deliver what they promised and compared to the competition they did hold up their own really well. It may be that Remo performs even better that Advanced Nutrients. It may be too early for me to say that but based on my experiences with this grow I certainly think so. Even with my difficulties with CM, due to my own fault of not giving enough MagNifiCal at the earlier stage of the growth, the plant performed well and delived a very satisfying crop.

THE BAD

- I did not like that the pH settles so acidic. With my local water source (tapwater, pH 7.2) the pH settled with full strenght feeds to 5,8 and sometimes even 5,7. This posed a problem with the vegetative feed as I always had to re-adjust the pH to be optimal for my garden. I experinced pretty much of fluctuating pH and had to learn the hard way to buffer the solution using 3rd party silica products.

All in all, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this product line for anyone. I already went and bought more of these nutrients as I plan to switch completely to Remo myself. It works in DWC just nicely though you have to be extra careful with the pH. I may update this post still with additional data if anything still comes to my mind. Thank you for following this grow and have a nice day!

Great thourogh review mate- sounds like remo has done their homework.
And those colas are monsters! Top growing brother
:worship::pass:

Back