Indoor Mars Hydro Grow Journal (2x) TS600 + 1 TS1000 Bruce Banner + Critical Mass + Gelato - Check out the pics!

Thanks @Bmurrciless , very useful link. Holy smokes I'm learning so much on this grow.
For whatever reason I paid less attention to my first photo period grow and had no issues. Is it just that autos are more sensitive?

So since my PH was 5.3, does that mean the nutrients weren't locked out, but rather I was just overdoing it right?

I think that is probably the case, since I've been on here I've learned so much myself it's crazy, but it also seems like overfeeding is an issue with autos more then deficiency. It's pretty hard to keep you ppm that low until you know how little to feed well for me it is as I cut down to like 20% strength in my first dwc and it was like 600 I don't have my notes but around there an there was some issues in the leaves older growth from pH swing that happened but the yellow tips in getting when aren't the worst but I'll be dialing it back even further to get it right next time. MoG I think suggests starting at 20% strength and going up 10% until little bit of yellow tips and then back it off. Which would work for even individual strains that like more or less food. Its like a guideline that will also help us learn to read individual plants better going forward. Things are still rolling along and looking not too bad for you so I'm sure all will be fine and you like so many of us want to get better and you will with the help of these guys on this site. :joy:

Thanks @Bmurrciless , very useful link. Holy smokes I'm learning so much on this grow.
For whatever reason I paid less attention to my first photo period grow and had no issues. Is it just that autos are more sensitive?

So since my PH was 5.3, does that mean the nutrients weren't locked out, but rather I was just overdoing it right?
Also about the photo period they tend to be able to be fed more and the nutrients schedule is most likely geared towards photos not autos so maybe they were happier with things and or more forgiving? I've kinda found that to be true with photo grows I haven't done my best with. But I am still more or less straight up autos myself now. I love them and doing perpetual let's me have different smoke fairly often and learn so much quickly.

I read on a site that for flower get it to 1000.
I have no idea. What should I be at?
And is this a direct function of the amount of nutes that are used?
I thought you were told here that you were over feeding?
Bmurrciless
Posted a very good link with valuable info.

Duh! Most companies recs are too high for autos to sell more product.
The more info you have, the less likely stuff can sneak up on you and if something does come up, you have more info to solve the problem.
That's post 17 of this thread. Ya see what I told you back then? I'm not bitching at you. I'm trying, like others in this thread, to get you to the end of the grow with your girls giving you the best product possible.
It's pretty plain you have some problems. You need to help us help you.
The way I think about grow journals may be your best way to help others trying to help you.For myself, I think Grow journals are for documenting your grow. You can use them to go back to for reference. To make them into a tool for that, you must document what you do and what the conditions were. My first grow was a organic.MegaCrop grow. I supplemented with MegaCrop because I couldn't get my worms. I documented the parameters in the tent, when they were fed, watered, how much, what and at what Ph and ppm. All critical information needed by you and other if you run into problems.
A couple of examples fro my first grow

Update today with the Gelato33 being a week old today.
The GG4s didn't pop. Maybe I planted too deep, so I just popped two more in the soil without soaking and they came up with no problem, other than the one in the 15 gal looked a bit funky on her first day. She's fine now.

Day 7: Lisa Seeds Gelato33
Day 4: Lisa seeds GG4
Day 2: Lisa seeds GG4 15gal

Temp: 79-82°f
RH: 53-62%
Light Cycle: 18/6
Light Height: 26 inches dimmed to 50%
Water: Just light sprinkling about 3in out from seedling

Nutes: No nutes But gonna put a thin layer of worm castings later today.

Day 28: Lisa Seeds Gelato33
Day 25: Lisa seeds GG4
Day 23: Lisa seeds GG4 15gal

Temp: 79-84°f
RH: 47 51%
Light Cycle: 18/6
Light Height: 21 inches 100%
Water: Thursday: They needed watering, so I mixed up a little molasses and a tiny bit of MegaCrop. Ending ppm was 681 with a starting ppm of 180 from dechlorinated tap water.
Nutes: On Thursday, I Made a veggie smoothy with sprouted barley and Thorivin kelp and top dressed it.

low_and_slow

Thanks for posting this, I swear I've posted the same advice like 5 times in this thread and keep seeing the OP ask the same questions...
You need to help us help you.
All feedback is appreciated. And this thread and all that have chimed in have helped a lot. Quite frankly I didn't have all the knowledge and tools needed for a flawless 1st time auto grow. I think I'm getting there. A lot to take in for the first time. But seriously, I think it's finally all coming together. Living and learning as I've said before. Now I understand how to know if I'm actually overfeeding and will keep track of that so it doesn't happen again.

As you can see below, despite my issues her buds are really starting to look nice and fatten up. I'm sure they may have been bigger had I not had these feeding issues but I think I'm still gonna get some decent results. And I will do everything possible to not repeat these mistakes with Baby Bruce, LST training her now and she looks nice. Gelato in the back is still really wispy but is flowing nicely.

20210211_003252.jpg
20210210_220120.jpg

ok I couldn't wait. I put Bruce in the shower and flushed about 15 liters of plain water through. My levels are now 220ppm and 6.23PH.
Better huh? Should I get my PPM back to about 1000? At this point I need her to dry out since she is turbo soaked. That's gonna take a few days for sure. So I have time to figure out what I need to get her ppm back up to. Glad I bought both PH and PPM meter and not just PH. I would still have been stumped cause PH wasn't terrible.
No no no. Don't flush using the shower or bath tub! Your PPMS are pretty high in your tap water. So essentially you are flooding your pots with more minerals. You'd be best with R/O in your flush or using a flushing agent is even better! However, you can't leave your flushing agent in your soil anymore than 24 HOURS. So then you have to flush with PH'd water to rid the flushing solution from the soil or it will burn your roots.

So as I said, you have reached lock out from over feeding. You will overfeed easily becauss your tap water PPM is high. So you have to use less nutrients.

Your PH is low from the salt build up in the pot.

If you flush with too much water in soil, it can make your roots very uncomfortable. That's why I said flush until you get RUN OFF only. Then you test the PPMS and gradually flush from there.

So what you gotta do right now is await your pot drying out completely. Feed more ph'd water until run off and check what your run off is at PH wise and PPM wise. You have to keep doing this any time the plant needs fed until you notice your PH is about 6ish and your PPM is sitting around 500-600. From there, feed more PHd water and let it use some of the left over nutrients.

You will see more odd behaviour from the plant because it is under a lot of stress. After you get your PH and PPM on point, feed lightly. Like 1.5L water every time it needs fed.

AN is highly concentrated shit. So you have to go light with the ML you feed and dilute with more water.

The best thing to do is today is:

Make a feed of 1L tap water and add how much ML you were feeding before. Mix well, and test what your PH is in that mix. No doubt if your tap water is 6.5, it will probably modify your feed to around 5.5-6. So test your PH and PPMs on this feed and this way you will see how high your PPMS were before.

From there, make adjustments by adding less AN ML to your water.

Do not feed at 1000PPMS. 1000 is super high and can sometimes be achieved towards the end of flower.

From now, try to feed around 450-500PPMS. Do not go over this until they get a bit older. Feed them once a week with your feed. When they are hungry/dried out, feed with PH'd tap water.

For example on monday (start of the week):
Feed your AN mix.

Tues-wed-thurs-fri-sat-sun:
Water

Last edited:
@Jsmith SUPER helpful!!!! Thank you!! Going to try to follow what you said 100%. I know there is a certain level of read up and learn from various resources. But when you need specific advice about exactly what's going on now with my plants it's hard to pull it all together without experience. So your post is tremendously helpful. Much appreciated.

*** Day 44 ***

Soooooo....... a lot of learning going on. Today Bruce looks good. Colours seem stable, no new yellow or spots. With the feedback here it would seems that I've been able to stop the damage before it got irreparable. I keep arranging baby bruce's branches so that I get a more even canopy with her than the big one. So far she looks happy. Gelato is doing her thing in the back. Critical Mass still showing no signs of flower, so looking more and more like she's a photo and not an auto. Still not sure what I'm gonna do about that. Bruce was/is priority right now, so CM can just keep vegging for a while.

20210211_003411.jpg

*** Day 47 ***

Baby Bruce continues with the LST and she looks good so far. The smallest bit of yellow on some leaves.
PPM 532 PH 5.7 Those numbers are right where they should be for her right?
Gelato continues to flower and is still a very wispy then leafed plant but seems to be mostly happy.
Big Bruce still doesn't look the best, but her buds are really starting to fatten up. She has about four colas that have really fat buds, and a whole lot of buds in the undergrowth that look really nice.

I've pulled the trigger and bought a new tent, it will be here Tuesday. Critical Mass is looking great but must be put into 12/12 lighting now, she's getting too big. I likely will do a SCROG with her as she has a ton of branches within her mass. I think she's gonna really produce a ton of bud.

20210214_133750.jpg

Don't they look happy, aside from Big Bruce? Her buds look really good, I'm sure my yield is gonna be lower than it could have been due to my issues but doing what I can. I've read the purple leaves are a phosphorous deficiency. I'm going to buy some Advanced Nutrients Big Bud on Tuesday when the stores open up here again. Big Bud has extra phosphorous and is for this exactly. Hope it's not too late.

Back