Indoor Mars Hydro Grow Journal (2x) TS600 + 1 TS1000 Bruce Banner + Critical Mass + Gelato - Check out the pics!

Wow, lots of new helpful info for me. I never thought my lights might be too low for BB. Again, as a newbie I kina assumed if it's working for one plant it should be good for all, but quickly learning this is not the case. When I get home I'm gonna raise the TS1000 above Bruce and let her dry out really really good before I start again with plain water. See what happens. As some have mentioned I might indeed be overwatering a little bit, so gonna be careful to scale that back as well. Still on the fence with the 12/12 lighting and Critical Mass. Gonna have to read up on all of this a lot this weekend before I decide to either go 12/12 or do I set up that SCROG and keep her vegging for another 90 days while keeping her low. With the SCROG I know I can keep her low and fill in the entire screen over the next 30 days. Then I'd get Big BB harvested, maybe Gelato too, and then baby Bruce would be flowering by then and I can switch to 12/12 later in baby Bruce flower stage to maximize current yield while getting CM flowering in about another 30 days or so. Hmmmmmmm Will definitely not plant the other two CM seeds with autos again. Perhaps save those for outdoor grows this summer.

*** Day 38***

Despite Bruce giving me headaches with rusty leaves, her buds are really thicking up. I think there are gonna be some nice payoffs at the end of this journey. I dug deep into Bruce's branches, this plant is super stiff, the leaves and branches are so stiff it's crazy. But part the leaves and dig down and there are some lovely treasures, really nice buds hidding from site within. All of this thickening stickyness means that after playing with her a bit my hands and wrists are so ithcy and irritated. I wish I wasn't alergic to them. Gelato is showing signs of flower too now. Of course really whispy pistils on this tiny plant. I'll post photos tomorrow of them all.

*** Day 40 ***

Ok, Bruce is really giving me a hard time. She dried out pretty good and I gave her plain water today and raised the lights. Let's see if she gets happier. I will note, it is the top leaves that are getting really rusty, the bottom and especially the ones inside the plant that you can't see are actually quite nice looking and green. The pistils on some of the top buds are starting to turn brown. Her buds are really starting to fatten up. I'm guessing she'll be ready to harvest in 30 days.

Gelato is finally showing signs of flower! Yay!! But she is still small and wispy, let's see how much she'll grow. I'd be happy with 1oz from her, not sure if she'll even get that.

Baby Bruce is doing well. Not feeding her the AN Grow, Micro Bloom mix, only giving her CalMag. Gonna stick with that once a week until i see signs she needs something else. Gonna try to go slow on the nutes with her as I think that may have been big Bruce's problemmo. We'll see. I also started low stress training with her now, long before I did with big Bruce. She seems happy.

Critical Mass, still no signs of flower. Gonna give her a bit longer. Tried to sell my wife on the idea of buying a new tent setup, but since I just got this up and running late fall last year she wasn't too keen on my buying all new gear so soon. We'll see, I'll have to work on this lol.

Baby Bruce LST and Gelato starting to flower.
20210206_171815.jpg

See, Critical Mass looks happy here, some were saying she looks droopy. She has so much new growth every day it's crazy. She's a very healthy plant right now.
20210206_135500.jpg

Hey I'm not sure if I posted this already in your thread, but only feeding calmag is a recipe for disaster. If you're going to "only" feed anything, only feed it a very very very mild base-nutrient solution of your primary NPK product, no supplements or additives. Applying calmag only will make your problems worse.

Every plant in those pictures has nitrogen toxicity, and 'calmag' is actually a very strong nitrogen source all things considered. Nitrogen toxicity also results in Ca lockout, which is evident on your plants as well. Please please please take a big step back and think about what your goals are here...feeding supplemental minerals with a large dose of nitrogen is running the opposite direction from what a plant in the reproductive phase of life wants.

Hey I'm not sure if I posted this already in your thread, but only feeding calmag is a recipe for disaster. If you're going to "only" feed anything, only feed it a very very very mild base-nutrient solution of your primary NPK product, no supplements or additives. Applying calmag only will make your problems worse.

Every plant in those pictures has nitrogen toxicity, and 'calmag' is actually a very strong nitrogen source all things considered. Nitrogen toxicity also results in Ca lockout, which is evident on your plants as well. Please please please take a big step back and think about what your goals are here...feeding supplemental minerals with a large dose of nitrogen is running the opposite direction from what a plant in the reproductive phase of life wants.
What in every plant indicates nitrogen toxicity? They all seem very different to me., I don't see anything wrong with Critical Mass, and Baby Bruce looks good to me, no?? I'm trying to learn what the symptoms/solutions are, and have tried eveything everyone has offered. So if nitrogen toxicity, should I just feed plain water for a bit? That's what I've transitioned to the last two feedings. When I do return to feeding the AN 3-part nutrients I do plan on giving half dose. So I appreciate your evaluation, what do you think next steps are?

This one should be easy enough for you to research, I'd recommend the next step be some googling and reading.

I read up, and perhaps with Big Bruce you're right, still trying to figure her out. I still don't see any symptoms of nitrogen toxicity in Critical Mass and Baby Bruce, no clawing or yellowing. Gelato, IDK WTF is with her, she has been a runt since day one. I'm gonna be feeding plain water for now anyway, so hopefully will flush everything out and then slowly start feeding again next week unless I see deficiencies before then.

*** Day 41 ***

I took off the badly dried up leaves off of Bruce. It really was all ones at the top that had the spots and yellowing. The ones lower and deep within are really nice green actually. And now withing the past two days a lot of the leaves at the top of the bud have turned purple. Deep purple. Check it out.

20210208_210412 (1).jpg
20210208_215338.jpg

In the pics they kinda look really bad like drying out, but the purple leaves aren't crunchy, they are just purple. Thoughts? Natural for the strain? Sign of something else? It's only the very top leaves.

But the buds don't look bad. What do you think about the bud? Looks very yummy to me.

*** Day 41 ***

I took off the badly dried up leaves off of Bruce. It really was all ones at the top that had the spots and yellowing. The ones lower and deep within are really nice green actually. And now withing the past two days a lot of the leaves at the top of the bud have turned purple. Deep purple. Check it out.

View attachment 1285180View attachment 1285186

In the pics they kinda look really bad like drying out, but the purple leaves aren't crunchy, they are just purple. Thoughts? Natural for the strain? Sign of something else? It's only the very top leaves.

But the buds don't look bad. What do you think about the bud? Looks very yummy to me.

The problems are that they have been overfed and they are now locked out of uptaking nutrients (salt build up). Well the plant with all the spots on the leaves. I know this because no one else could help me when i experienced this problem twice on two of my grows using AN for the first time. They aren't exactly suffering from nitrogen toxicity. If they were, they'd look dark green (i know this because it happened to my Gorilla Glue. Had to flush for a bit and the leaves eventually lightened up a bit). Its a salt build up

Its overfertilized brother.
So what you gotta do is:

- Ph your water to 6.5 if you're in soil. (make sure your PH is accurate. Its very important!). Make sure you create a large batch.
- Start pouring your water through the top of the soil all around it VERY SLOWLY as you are in fabric pots because it will leak out the sides which is not a run off.
- pour your water until the entire pot is saturated/full and you get water dripping out the bottom on your pot catcher/tray.
- test your run off with a PPM meter and report back with your PPM reading and I will advise you from there. If the PPMS are any higher than 800-1000 then you will need to keep flushing to bring those numbers down. If your numbers are higher than 800/900, i suggest you flush until those numbers are around 500.
- check the ph of your run off

Last edited:
The problems are that they have been overfed and they are now locked out of uptaking nutrients (salt build up). Well the plant with all the spots on the leaves. I know this because no one else could help me when i experienced this problem twice on two of my grows using AN for the first time.

Its overfertilized brother.
So what you gotta do is:

- Ph your water to 6.5 if you're in soil. (make sure your PH is accurate. Its very important!). Make sure you create a large batch.
- Start pouring your water through the top of the soil all around it VERY SLOWLY as you are in fabric pots because it will leak out the sides which is not a run off.
- pour your water until the entire pot is saturated/full and you get water dripping out the bottom on your pot catcher/tray.
- test your run off with a PPM meter and report back with your PPM reading and I will advise you from there. If the PPMS are any higher than 800-1000 then you will need to keep flushing to bring those numbers down.
- check the ph of your run off
THIS!!!!
CDN88

Back