Indoor Mars Hydro Grow Journal (2x) TS600 + 1 TS1000 Bruce Banner + Critical Mass + Gelato - Check out the pics!

*** DAY 30***

Here we are! Day 30!
My cana fam is looking good. All sorts of characters in this tent.

Bruce Banner is ridged with very strong stock and branches, moody, full of pistils and a nice size. Obviously a she who identifies as a he.

Critical Mass is beautiful, bushy, lovely colour and very well behaved. Wonderful girl.

Gelato is the ugly cousin, planted same time as the other two, and still only a couple inches tall, skinny branches and just doesn't want to reach it's true potential. No university for this family member.

And Baby Bruce, looks just like her sister about 20 days ago. Amazing to see what 30 days will do for these plants.

The smell that comes out of the tent when I open it....mmmmmmmmm so good. I like the way they smell now better than when they are in full bud. There's an earthy, minty, chocolate smell right now. Slight problem, I get allergic to the plants at this point. Lots more sneezing going on.

And here's a family photo from tonight. Ugly cousin is hiding in the back of course, not wanting to show her face much.

20210128_223137.jpg

Oh how they smell when I open the tent this morning. Anyone put a carbon filter on the intake and exhaust of a fan?
Hoping to cut down on the smell even more. Was wondering if this would put too much strain on the fan motor. I have a good affinity fan that works very well.

20210128_083222.jpg

***Day 33***

On a frosty -20C winter day there is nothing better than sitting in front of my plants thinking of warmer weather.
On day 33 Baby Bruce is on his third week of life and starting to really come around. Her big sister really exploded once she got this size so I expect huge growth from her in the next two weeks.

Gelato is also starting to grow a bit faster, although this runt of the little is still small and wispy. We'll see what she brings once flower starts.

And big Bruce Banner and Critical Mass are doing great. Getting big. Hoping that I start to see some flowing from these two soon.
That being said, one concern, when I went to the site where I bought the seeds the review under Critical Mass has two people saying that they got photo period CM seeds and had to switch to 12/12 after 90 days to get it to flower. They were free seeds with my purchase, around the same time these two people got their free seeds. So if they are photo then I'm gonna have a problem as I have baby Bruce who will be growing for a min of another 90 days, maybe more. So CM would be vegging for 120 days by the time I can flip to flower 12/12. I guess I'll have to wait and see if she's an auto or not then deal with it.

Baby Bruce looking good. And Gelato finally growing. I bet baby Bruce will surpass her in two weeks.

20210131_102317.jpg
20210131_101813.jpg

Bruce Banner getting sticky! Mmmmmmm trichomes. Still not seeing the thick bud production but ton of thick pistils and trichomes on leaves.

20210130_233643.jpg

And CM and BB doing very well, looking healthy and not causing me any stress this past week. yay!!
I'm gonna run out of room in my tent. I told myself, only grow 3 max. And then Gelato didn't grow well so I added baby Bruce cause I'm impatient. Now I'm gonna be jam packed in another 30 days. I'll never learn, so the only answer is.... another tent!

20210131_101826.jpg

Good to see Baby Bruce finally growing!

*** Day 34 ***

Things still going well. Although tonight moody Bruce seems to have some new yellowing on some leaves. Just when I get this plant happy for a week it seems to like to give me a week of grief. I think she's toying with me now. All the others seem happy as pie. I waiting patiently for her buds to start blooming. Gotta be soon.

20210201_231031.jpg
20210201_231126.jpg

20210201_231022.jpg

*** Day 36 ***

The Cana Fam keeps growing and everything is well enough. I've switched Bruce Banner to plain water again as she seems to want that right now.
I've also moved them around a bit and now Gelato and Baby Bruce are center stage under the TS1000, getting them a bit of the prime light.

QUESTION: I know you're not supposed to defoliate autos to reduce the amount of stress. But can I do sparse defoliation on a) leaves that look yucky, with lots of brown spots and b) leaves really low near the base so I can get better ventilation to the base of the plants. Or just leave them alone and never take any leaves off?

20210202_224428.jpg

Oh how they smell when I open the tent this morning. Anyone put a carbon filter on the intake and exhaust of a fan?
Hoping to cut down on the smell even more. Was wondering if this would put too much strain on the fan motor. I have a good affinity fan that works very well.

View attachment 1281641
I use an intake filter and exhaust filter on my dry tent. It cuts the smell to zero. I have a cheap vivosun 4" fan in that tent without speed control, so it was super cheap and not concerned if it gets damaged.

Ah, ok thanks for the note @saskraider12. My Affinity 4" fan is really good and does have speed control, but I see they now have a really cool one for the same price I paid ($150) that now auto adjusts speed for the temp and humidity levels you set. How cool is that, I'd love that feature. I'd highly recommend them.
AC Infinity CLOUDLINE T4, Quiet 4” Inline Duct Fan with Temperature Humidity Controller - Ventilation Exhaust Fan for Heating Cooling Booster, Grow Tents, Hydroponics: Amazon.ca: Tools & Home Improvement
Seems very well made so if you have no problems with two filters thinking I should give it a shot. The room is starting to smell with one filter. And the filter is only on it's second grow. I'm running at half speed right now, so I still have room to pump it up if the CFM goes down with a second filter. Trying to reduce the pot farm smell for when visitors come over. I'm not the typical type people would expect would be growing cannabis in their basement lol.

Ah, ok thanks for the note @saskraider12. My Affinity 4" fan is really good and does have speed control, but I see they now have a really cool one for the same price I paid ($150) that now auto adjusts speed for the temp and humidity levels you set. How cool is that, I'd love that feature. I'd highly recommend them.
AC Infinity CLOUDLINE T4, Quiet 4” Inline Duct Fan with Temperature Humidity Controller - Ventilation Exhaust Fan for Heating Cooling Booster, Grow Tents, Hydroponics: Amazon.ca: Tools & Home Improvement
Seems very well made so if you have no problems with two filters thinking I should give it a shot. The room is starting to smell with one filter. And the filter is only on it's second grow. I'm running at half speed right now, so I still have room to pump it up if the CFM goes down with a second filter. Trying to reduce the pot farm smell for when visitors come over. I'm not the typical type people would expect would be growing cannabis in their basement lol.
I hear you about the smell. I also added ducting between the fan and filter inside the tent as spacing the filter and the fan slows down the air flow giving it more time to have smell removed by the charcoal.

Seriously, what is with Gelato. Planted same time as Bruce and CM, and look at her. Her wispy leaves look soo blaaah. But the plant overall looks healthy, just so slow, small, and wimpy. Can't imagine this thing producing much.

20210203_230500.jpg

Back