That's the reason why we went with the ethanol, not the isopropyl, in the end.
The Dinafem Iso vid isn't really a "how to".
But I did see another DIY vid by some lady on YouTube.
She compares ethanol with isopropyl, and the iso looked much clearer.
I think just doing a better strain will help me a lot.
First the cheese cloth, then I use a paper coffee strainer.
Actually, around here, it's a "soy milk strainer cloth" and "paper tea bag".
The paper tea bag is quite large, it's just a big bag that you put tea into, for making tea.
Maria the one I found was with ethanol. Dinafem Extract video:

Maria the one I found was with ethanol. Dinafem Extract video:

This is the vid! I must have remembered it incorrectly.
This is the kind of extract I'd love to make.

Wish it had details. Looks like maybe 1/4 lb, and a gal of ethanol.
Screen is 45 microns. Helpful.

I wonder if @Dinafem-Mark knows any more details about this??

This is the vid! I must have remembered it incorrectly.
This is the kind of extract I'd love to make.

Wish it had details. Looks like maybe 1/4 lb, and a gal of ethanol.
Screen is 45 microns. Helpful.

I wonder if @Dinafem-Mark knows any more details about this??
I ordered a vacuum filter set up with [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] filters = 11μm (microns). It will be next week sometime for delivery.

Wow! Tag me when you run it.
I'm doing another tiny sample run on the RSO.
Tiny because have some work engagements.... naughty me... :p
I am going to do the extraction tomorrow with the dry ice method and just filter it with a coffee filter and then just store it until the vacuum filter gets here. I just distilled out 3.5 L of cheap vodka ($18.) and got 1.4 L of 170 proof 85% alcohol as measured with an alcoholmeter. I could run it again and get it up to about 185 proof ~ 90% but I don't think it would make much difference in the overall outcome.

the above video is for smoking grade,even though its an oil as it hasnt been decarbed.
an iso extraction will look/be cleaner than an eth extraction.iso is a strong nonpolar solvent,eth is a weak nonpolar or semipolar.in theory the iso should'nt pull chrofil from the extraction,and eth will pull some chrofil.
:pighug:

the above video is for smoking grade,even though its an oil as it hasnt been decarbed.
an iso extraction will look/be cleaner than an eth extraction.iso is a strong nonpolar solvent,eth is a weak nonpolar or semipolar.in theory the iso should'nt pull chrofil from the extraction,and eth will pull some chrofil.
@archie gemmill without a vacuum chamber you are going to have a lot of leftover toxins from an ISO wash - don't do it.

@archie gemmill without a vacuum chamber you are going to have a lot of leftover toxins from an ISO wash - don't do it.
It has been a long time since I researched ISO so I did a quick look and now I remember why it is not even in consideration for my personal use. It seems that even when processed with a vacuum purge it still tests positive for ISO! The toxins are cumulative (never go away) in your body. I don't want my medicine to have the potential to make me sick. That is the whole purpose of using cannabis for pain in the first place: it is not going to make me sick.

yes i do agree iso is inherently dangerous.
sorry when i meant cleaner i was using bubblymans terminology that anything thats not a trich is a contamanient,be that chrorofill dust or plant matter.99.9% iso dont really have toxins in it,the .1 is water. its the 70% iso you have to worry about thats got poisons dyes and allsorts in.isopropal alcohol is harmfull as a chemical to the liver and kidneys.Do Not Drink it.
im a blood donor more iso soaks through my skin when needles are about than the 47ppm that i may get in my lungs smoking this 2 or 3 times a year.
21.JPG

Back