yes i do agree iso is inherently dangerous.
sorry when i meant cleaner i was using bubblymans terminology that anything thats not a trich is a contamanient,be that chrorofill dust or plant matter.99.9% iso dont really have toxins in it,the .1 is water. its the 70% iso you have to worry about thats got poisons dyes and allsorts in.isopropal alcohol is harmfull as a chemical to the liver and kidneys.Do Not Drink it.
im a blood donor more iso soaks through my skin when needles are about than the 47ppm that i may get in my lungs smoking this 2 or 3 times a year.
View attachment 925382
:pighug:
I vape multiple times daily. You only vape 2 or 3 times a year? I cannot find proof that it is cumulative from a credible source - humans don't ingest it intentionally long enough to be test subjects. This is the most authoritative site I can find. The thing is we know it is poison so why even consider it?

i vape allsorts of concentrates and extracts not much of eth or iso old style dry sift my fav
thats quite a big report a lot of detail to,only got about 1/4 down it,couple of things sprung out at me.
* High risk of circumstances of poisoning: Accidental ingestion of rubbing alcohols/toiletries by children.*
**... /Isopropyl and n-propyl/ alcohols are about twice as toxic as ethanol; the fatal dose by ingestion is 250 mL.**
***Human Toxicity Excerpts:
/HUMAN EXPOSURE STUDIES/ DAILY ORAL INTAKE OF LOW DOSES (2.6 OR 6.4 MG/KG BODY WEIGHT) OF ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL BY GROUPS OF 8 MEN FOR 6 WEEKS HAD NO EFFECT ON BLOOD CELLS, SERUM OR URINE AND PRODUCED NO SUBJECTIVE SYMPTOMS.***

*rubbing alcohol is the 70% stuff with added nasty stuff to prevent drinking*
**so as long as im dabbing half as much iso to your eth we both in the same boat :shrug::jointman:
***so 6.4mgX80kg=512mg or half a gram a day*** i thought lab reports measured in ppm,not sure but a lot smaller than 1mg :shrug:
:pass:
but back to Maria,:yellowcard: oops sorry for sidetracking stoner theories and all :bong: i got the feeling you didnt want to smoke,and for a tincture iso and eth are both out for different reasons.
coconut oil isnt great at the extracting part,thats its major downfall.
good luck n keep er lit.

Hey @Mañ'O'Green and @archie gemmill -- feel free to discuss here.
It's all totally relevant info, I'd prefer people (myself included) to be informed.
That's why I did ethanol, and got "food grade", not the rubbing / cleaner stuff.

I've been decarbing my dried and partially cured herbs first.

Speaking of smoking vs ingestion........ about to do a smoke test.
First the Sweet Skunk, and later the Jackpot.
Sweet Skunk already curing for a couple of months, I think.
Looks and smells great, strong, pungent, and very sticky.
Jackpot is just dried, may be a bit rough, but... want to try it.

Off to California in a couple of days. Just heard of "Green Sunday",
so may be able to pick up some super cheap but quality product when I arrive.
Yah!!!!

Hey @Mañ'O'Green and @archie gemmill -- feel free to discuss here.
It's all totally relevant info, I'd prefer people (myself included) to be informed.
That's why I did ethanol, and got "food grade", not the rubbing / cleaner stuff.

I've been decarbing my dried and partially cured herbs first.

Speaking of smoking vs ingestion........ about to do a smoke test.
First the Sweet Skunk, and later the Jackpot.
Sweet Skunk already curing for a couple of months, I think.
Looks and smells great, strong, pungent, and very sticky.
Jackpot is just dried, may be a bit rough, but... want to try it.

Off to California in a couple of days. Just heard of "Green Sunday",
so may be able to pick up some super cheap but quality product when I arrive.
Yah!!!!
What is "Green Sunday"?

What is "Green Sunday"?

Some news report said it's the date from which all the legal dispensaries have to have fully compliant product in store.
So lots of non-compliant product (dates, sources, tests, etc.) can't be sold after that.
So lots of big sales on to clear non-compliant product off the selves.
I have noticed a few online sites having large sales..... :p

Some news report said it's the date from which all the legal dispensaries have to have fully compliant product in store.
So lots of non-compliant product (dates, sources, tests, etc.) can't be sold after that.
So lots of big sales on to clear non-compliant product off the selves.
I have noticed a few online sites having large sales..... :p
Ok thanks.

the above video is for smoking grade,even though its an oil as it hasnt been decarbed.
an iso extraction will look/be cleaner than an eth extraction.iso is a strong nonpolar solvent,eth is a weak nonpolar or semipolar.in theory the iso should'nt pull chrofil from the extraction,and eth will pull some chrofil.
chloro good for the insides in such a tiny amount of A

Been up in North Cali for a few days in a small city.
Got some papers, filters and a small pipe and went to buy some legal herb.
Place I went too had very small range, due to the recent July 1st regulations.
Got a little Cherry AK (an AK47 pheno) and some Sour Diesel.
All indoor from down in SF, as far from the harvest season here for outdoors.
Have been smoking on the streets and trails around town.
For supposedly 22%+ herb, and sativa dominant, it doesn't hit hard and is quite heavy.
It's excellent quality herb, fragrant, burns well, extremely dense, and frosty.
Or maybe my tolerance is higher than I thought.
So between jet lag and coffee and herb, I'm enjoying this beautiful town.
May be legal, but my many years of cautious habits are ingrained..... :p

Back