Extraction Magical Butter Machine

dosing,strenght,a block to a cup all these things and mesurements confuzzle me.a block of butter in the uk is 5 times the size of a block in USA.my cups are all different sizes,but an oz is an oz and a L is a L.
edibles from a shop in usa has been tested thc/cbd etc. weights and measures taken,so they can tell us this 50g cookie has 50mg of thc.
the mg measurement is the most usefull.
we as home gaming eejits cant get our weed tested,so its guesswork at best.but can we get our dosing/measurements a bit closer or more relative at least to our own next batch of cooking ?
i havnt made an edible yet but i have made some coconut oil.i started out with 20g of bud and 200g of coconut oil.trying to figure out if i should eat it in one sitting or not.
so if i were to guesstemate my weed was 12% thc.120mgX20g=2400mg total thc in 200g of coconut oil.(i lost some oil due to evap/lil spillage so need to re weigh and adjust figures)
my figures could be miles away,i could have messed up the calculation.but the next time i cook i will have a benchmark if nothing else.
could be stonned jibbberish,sorry.

:pighug:

dosing,strenght,a block to a cup all these things and mesurements confuzzle me.a block of butter in the uk is 5 times the size of a block in USA.my cups are all different sizes,but an oz is an oz and a L is a L.
edibles from a shop in usa has been tested thc/cbd etc. weights and measures taken,so they can tell us this 50g cookie has 50mg of thc.
the mg measurement is the most usefull.
we as home gaming eejits cant get our weed tested,so its guesswork at best.but can we get our dosing/measurements a bit closer or more relative at least to our own next batch of cooking ?
i havnt made an edible yet but i have made some coconut oil.i started out with 20g of bud and 200g of coconut oil.trying to figure out if i should eat it in one sitting or not.
so if i were to guesstemate my weed was 12% thc.120mgX20g=2400mg total thc in 200g of coconut oil.(i lost some oil due to evap/lil spillage so need to re weigh and adjust figures)
my figures could be miles away,i could have messed up the calculation.but the next time i cook i will have a benchmark if nothing else.
could be stonned jibbberish,sorry.

:pighug:
I agree archie, i have no clue since thc levels arent available. I know that I used the recommended measures to make coconut butter and it makes strong cookies! Id try measured amounts so you can find the right amount to eat.

Let me know how that is! The coconut butter recipe is the bomb. I run it the max recipe.

What you growing these days?

Actually not growing much at the moment. Have one little Ghost of LeeRoy clone that's finishing up, but that's it. Taking a temporary time out on growing while I sort out some life stuff that's recently popped up.

Anybody know any good sources for finding vegatable glycerine? Not finding much locally, just ordering online. Brother is not wild about the alcohol burn in the mouth from the Everclear in this run, so might try some glycerine next if I can find a good source for some.

Actually not growing much at the moment. Have one little Ghost of LeeRoy clone that's finishing up, but that's it. Taking a temporary time out on growing while I sort out some life stuff that's recently popped up.

Anybody know any good sources for finding vegatable glycerine? Not finding much locally, just ordering online. Brother is not wild about the alcohol burn in the mouth from the Everclear in this run, so might try some glycerine next if I can find a good source for some.
Amazon sells a gallon of food grade for less than anywhere else I've found if using prime.

You guys should work for M.B. because after reading this thread I just bought my first. Can honestly say this our base was due to the posts in this forum alone, and my need obviously. The thread helped seal the deal for sure. Arrives in one week, can't wait.

Any tips you wish others had told you for the first time use?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Amazon sells a gallon of food grade for less than anywhere else I've found if using prime.

You guys should work for M.B. because after reading this thread I just bought my first. Can honestly say this our base was due to the posts in this forum alone, and my need obviously. The thread helped seal the deal for sure. Arrives in one week, can't wait.

Any tips you wish others had told you for the first time use?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

I use the recipie full strength provided in the book. Its so easy to use its hard to detail the process. Just decarb and you are good to go. I use 244 for about 28 minutes in a covered dish and let it cool with the lid on. Ive only used bud.

Post here all you want when you use it.

@Ozone69 I made a tincture with the exact ratios, as yourself, then I reduced it on the stovetop to evaporate all alcohol.
20170223_143745.jpg

From here, there was another step to make pills. This alone, could be "tacked" (placed under tongue). Either route, tacking or pills, may be suitable for your brother. I can explain the process in depth, if interested

Going to try reducing the alcohol by evap'ing some off, but need to pick up a hot plate first. From a saftey point of view, just not wild about doing so using my open flame, gas burner stove inside the house. :fire:

Going to try reducing the alcohol by evap'ing some off, but need to pick up a hot plate first. From a saftey point of view, just not wild about doing so using my open flame, gas burner stove inside the house. :fire:
I totally understand that. I have cooked with 151 dozens of times in commercial kitchens with open flames everywhere. I'm a bit crazy though. As long as you don't spill it all over the flame, it's pretty safe. If you put a large pan, preferably cast iron but any heavy bottomed pan will do, on the lowest setting possible...place a pan with tincure inside that pan. This allows a very slow evaporation with a cooler temp. Essentially, you don't want tincture to exceed 170°f.
It takes a good coupme hours and some stirring. Use a silicone spatula to scrape pan and collect the gooey goodness.
I also would recommend taking it off, while there is still a few tablespoons of alcohol left, and let it sit out a while, to finish evaporating.

Alternately, you could skip the whole stovetop routine and pour tincture into a big pan, and let evaporate naturally. Probably take a at least a week though.

One of the cheapest and easiest soruces of food grade VG is the Vaping industry. Look for any bulk retail outlet and you will find gobs of it for cheap.

Back