Looking to grow autos. Need help.

I generally grow in a garage in Texas, I normally start growing in September/October and finish up in April/May. In the early part of September I might only go 18-6 if it's really hot, but usually I shut off from around 12-3 to beat the afternoon heat. Temperature rules everything I do in my micro cabinet as you can see in the link to it below .

Will definitely check out your link there man. We're really close you and I haha. I'm in Arkansas. Thanks for giving me some idea on the times. The heat is a bitch here as well.

Yeah, I ran 18-6 for my photos. Was told about 20-4, but a lot of people said there was barely any noticeable difference. I'm wondering about 24-0 though. Lol
I figure there's a point of diminishing returns... plus plants do different stuff during their dark period, lights on water and nutrients move up the plant, lights off the plant moves sucrose down to feed the microbes in the medium.

Not to mention I'll see leaf droop about 19 hrs, plants are praying otherwise... kinda says something to me... like I've had enough.

I figure there's a point of diminishing returns... plus plants do different stuff during their dark period, lights on water and nutrients move up the plant, lights off the plant moves sucrose down to feed the microbes in the medium.

Not to mention I'll see leaf droop about 19 hrs, plants are praying otherwise... kinda says something to me... like I've had enough.

Yeah man. That sort of stuff is why I just ran 18-6 for my first ever run. I just figured it wasn't worth the risks. I guess you can do 20-4 or 24-0 with any type of plant. They were talking about it too for photos, but then others brought up that sort of stuff. Maybe I'll just do 18-6 and chill with it. Idk it's all up in the air.

Kinda one of those hobbies you can get as deep as your willing too.

Kinda one of those hobbies you can get as deep as your willing too.

I know what you mean lol.. I'm happy I won't have to make three transplants like I did for the photos. I'll germ in 3 gallon pots. Now I'm trying to find out how I can elevate them if I go ahead with fabric pots here. Someone suggested plastic liners to me. I don't know what he exactly means by that, but I know there need to be holes somewhere for the drainage to leek onto the saucers. I don't mind spending a little extra cash for some stuff for this. I just need it to be sturdy so the plants don't shift and potentially fall.

If you go with cloth bags, they don't need holes, they're a heavy felt, and the water runs right thru till the surface tension stops the flow. I use some (about) 1" river rocks from the yard, keeps the bags up, and I can get to the bottom of the pan to remove the waste.

You could make something with a piece of scrap PVC, doesn't need to be real fancy, I'd steer clear of anything metal, no need for the rust...

You could make something with a piece of scrap PVC, doesn't need to be real fancy, I'd steer clear of anything metal, no need for the rust...

Yeah. I am going to the store soon to buy a PVC as close as possible to the tent connector that broke off. Could cop some more just in case I need some to make a a little stand for the plants. I see what you're saying.

If you go with cloth bags, they don't need holes, they're a heavy felt, and the water runs right thru till the surface tension stops the flow. I use some (about) 1" river rocks from the yard, keeps the bags up, and I can get to the bottom of the pan to remove the waste.

I wonder if I could buy those online or at a store. It would probably be cheaper to buy them at a store since I wouldn't have to pay for any weight shipping tax. I do have sturdy saucers right now. They're able to hold those rocks on them. I still need to collect drainage. I did buy a shop vac that's supposed to be able to hold liquid. I only tested the solids, but I'm pretty sure I can pick up the drainage with it.

Back