Looking to grow autos. Need help.

Just remember, the biggest advantage an auto has is that you can run 20+ hours of light from start to finish. In theory (if you run 24 hours like I am right now) an auto can get almost twice as much light input as it's photo counterpart.

The key to winning at autoflowers is to maximize that advantage when you create the environment for your plants.

Just remember, the biggest advantage an auto has is that you can run 20+ hours of light from start to finish. In theory (if you run 24 hours like I am right now) an auto can get almost twice as much light input as it's photo counterpart.

The key to winning at autoflowers is to maximize that advantage when you create the environment for your plants.

Really? Damn. I didn't know you could do this without any stress inducement. So, you run 24on 0off until harvest is what you're saying? Does this change how fast they vegetate and when they shift into flowering?

Really? Damn. I didn't know you could do this without any stress inducement. So, you run 24on 0off until harvest is what you're saying? Does this change how fast they vegetate and when they shift into flowering?

It doesn't affect the timing it just makes them bigger. Autoflowering plants eat stress, they are the descendants of Siberian survivors.

I normally run 20-4, but $ have me back @ 18-6 I didn't see much of a difference after 20 hrs. Day 28... maybe for 1 strain. I'd say that's close. That's about a week to a week and a half to veg.

It doesn't affect the timing it just makes them bigger. Autoflowering plants eat stress, they are the descendants of Siberian survivors.

Lol. That's awesome. Should I be running it 24 hours on in a day if it's possible? Do you think I'd see decent benefits in yield from doing so?

I normally run 20-4, but $ have me back @ 18-6 I didn't see much of a difference after 20 hrs. Day 28... maybe for 1 strain. I'd say that's close. That's about a week to a week and a half to veg.

Yeah, I ran 18-6 for my photos. Was told about 20-4, but a lot of people said there was barely any noticeable difference. I'm wondering about 24-0 though. Lol

It's probably diminishing returns after 21 or so. I'm running 24 right now because I'm away from home for the summ and I literally had a seed in my truck and bought a single AutoCob for the one plant I'm growing in my RV. At home I run 20-21 to deal with the heat during the day.

It's probably diminishing returns after 21 or so. I'm running 24 right now because I'm away from home for the summ and I literally had a seed in my truck and bought a single AutoCob for the one plant I'm growing in my RV. At home I run 20-21 to deal with the heat during the day.

Yeah. When are your off hours? I'd like to keep the heat to a minimum. The HPS gets really hot bro. I will have a bigger growing space this time around, so the heat might not be as much of an issue. That's awesome you're growing in an RV haha. I was consulted about a dehumidifier when my plants were seemingly suffering from heat stress(late on in flowering w the HPS, leaves yellowing on tips and a few minor yellowing, curled up fans), but they cost quite a bit. I'm not even sure if I need one this time around. I guess I'll find out with my hygrometer at plant level.

Last edited:
I generally grow in a garage in Texas, I normally start growing in September/October and finish up in April/May. In the early part of September I might only go 18-6 if it's really hot, but usually I shut off from around 12-3 to beat the afternoon heat. Temperature rules everything I do in my micro cabinet as you can see in the link to it below .

How long after my autos start showing first signs of red hairs on their buds will they be ready 4 harvest? Just a close estimate? I know it varies with different strains. Mine are 2 fast 2 vast stativa/indica/rud indica dominant. Week 4 of flower. Any info is appreciated. First time grow.

Back