Looking to grow autos. Need help.

Beginning of stretch is similar looking auto to photo, and like photo the amount is strain dependent.

The bags are entirely fabric, no holes, handles on the side, I have them in saucers, but elevated, i don't let them sit in waste, and a 4x4 flood tray is $$$... will be added down the road.

Bags are cheap, can be reused, and will improve your root ball.

The growth cycle is fast, and I consider autos to be a more advanced grow than a photo, no leaving it in veg to make up for mistakes... big full girls need your A game, first 3 weeks needs to be smooth as silk.

Beginning of stretch is similar looking auto to photo, and like photo the amount is strain dependent.

The bags are entirely fabric, no holes, handles on the side, I have them in saucers, but elevated, i don't let them sit in waste, and a 4x4 flood tray is $$$... will be added down the road.

Bags are cheap, can be reused, and will improve your root ball.

The growth cycle is fast, and I consider autos to be a more advanced grow than a photo, no leaving it in veg to make up for mistakes... big full girls need your A game, first 3 weeks needs to be smooth as silk.

How do you elevate those fabric bags? I used to collect the drain out of my saucers manually. That was a pain. Started using a big syringe(lol) to collect it and that sucked as well since it only filled 100ml.

That's what it feels like with autos. I'm trying to absorb as much info right now before I actually start this run. It's going to be way, way faster in comparison to the photos. I can't have any slip ups as you say bro.

I still need to get a few lights for my t5 fluorescent since some cracked when I stored them at the end of the last run. I'm worried about two things. I bought these new line of nutes that I'll need to weigh to dose properly. In the past as a noob, I used liquid nutes of the Canna Coco A+B line. Ran me quite a bit of cash, but I was able to dose properly with them. With these solid nutes, I'll need to weigh it on a small scale and zero out the cup or whatever I use to hold it. Another thing is I have around half a bag(Probably around 30L) of Coco Coir. It's been sitting in my garage and I don't know if it's still fresh enough to use given the heat it's been under. Would you suggest buying new Coco Coir off the bat to not even risk any issues?

Also, I don't know if you saw, but I was asking you about how you germ in big amounts of mix. Is it still a fingernail length of an incision made for the seeds no matter the size you start with for germinating?

I'd use the coco, after a good rinse and ppm/ph check... and bugs...

Germination I put in a shot glass of water for 24 hrs, then I usually use one of the tubes the seeds come in to put the hole, maybe 3/8ths of an inch down. I usually see them poking up about 36 hours later.

I use the powders some now, but for dialing out nute issues. Foliar feeding individual branches & checking brix. (Don't ask... I'm just barely getting my head around it... if I try and explain it I'll confuse myself)

Have run canna, nothing bad to say about it here, it'll probably get used again in the future here.

The bags I have sitting on small river rocks, i use a Turkey baster currently, but the plan is to raise the tent 22 inches, and put a flood tray across the bottom. Then I can just feed and it'll all run out into a waste bucket. My knees aint as young as they once were...

If you think canna was expensive... try Nectar for the gods... love the results, not so much the $. Although partially my fault, I don't have to push as hard.

If you think canna was expensive... try Nectar for the gods... love the results, not so much the $. Although partially my fault, I don't have to push as hard.

Lol. Bro, I was just buying it out of fear of using another line. At first, I thought I needed it for Coco Coir. You know as a total noob you think: Coco Coir + Canna Coco = Success haha.. But boy, was I seeing the costs adding up when the feeds needed an increase in frequency later down the road with the photos.

I was then told that people make way more gallons out of way less expensive nutes. So I ended up buying "MASTERBLEND 4-18-38 Fertilizer MASTER COMBO KIT" off of a recommendation by a fellow Coco Coir grower. That's what I'm planning to use for the next run here soon.

I'd use the coco, after a good rinse and ppm/ph check... and bugs...

Germination I put in a shot glass of water for 24 hrs, then I usually use one of the tubes the seeds come in to put the hole, maybe 3/8ths of an inch down. I usually see them poking up about 36 hours later.

I use the powders some now, but for dialing out nute issues. Foliar feeding individual branches & checking brix. (Don't ask... I'm just barely getting my head around it... if I try and explain it I'll confuse myself)

Have run canna, nothing bad to say about it here, it'll probably get used again in the future here.

The bags I have sitting on small river rocks, i use a Turkey baster currently, but the plan is to raise the tent 22 inches, and put a flood tray across the bottom. Then I can just feed and it'll all run out into a waste bucket. My knees aint as young as they once were...

Tubes the seeds come in? My seeds come bagged up in a little baggie and in a pen where I order from lol: CropKing

Yeah, that sounds pretty intricate in terms of foliar feeding every individual branch. I like the innovation you have for your setup. I had to raise plants with stacked books myself for an even canopy with the photos for the first run since they were all different sizes due to some struggles germing at first. I had four failures at first trying to germ in my closet under complete darkness at the start of it all(was advised to), and then later on was told to germ under my t5. Never had an issue after that and they all came out showing great green.

Only issue I encountered during the run was some nitrogen toxicity. I speculate that it's from not dropping the CalMag until really late on in flowering. My ppm meter is complete garbage and it kept giving me absurd readings. I bought it on eBay cheap as fuck with my pH meter. The pH meter never calibrated properly for me. I ended up using a cheap pH tester kit upon being advised and this really saved my entire run since the tap water I eventually used was so bad(pH was around a 9 by default with a fuckton of bad stuff in it). So, I really don't know how to check ppm at the moment.

I was so scared of using my own tap where I was at that I was buying fresh r/o water from the store with a buddy for a while. That got vexing when I needed to do more feeds and I just resulted in using my tap eventually. My place this time is in a different city. The water's probably better here lol..

Might pull a water report and check, most places tap is ok, set out to let the chlorine evaporate. I run RO,but have a unit here at home.

Have had a few that didn't come this way, but those are from quite a while back. You can see the tube makes a perfect poker.
72a0ac2bab280b33799982820a83050c.jpg

Might pull a water report and check, most places tap is ok, set out to let the chlorine evaporate. I run RO,but have a unit here at home.

Have had a few that didn't come this way, but those are from quite a while back. You can see the tube makes a perfect poker. View attachment 1086708

I wish I could order from Mephisto. Yeah, those little tubes looks great man. I'm looking at the water report for the new city I'm in and it doesn't state the pH. Might need to pull out that tester beforehand and see what I'm working with before I set everything up here.

I'd do a ph and a ppm.
My water here is 6.2 and 330, but 250 of that is salt. (Delta area) so an RO system or distilled is required. I can grow with the tap, but the results are poor, and the girls look like crap.

I'd do a ph and a ppm.
My water here is 6.2 and 330, but 250 of that is salt. (Delta area) so an RO system or distilled is required. I can grow with the tap, but the results are poor, and the girls look like crap.

Do you have any recommendations for easy ppm testing? This never worked out for me like I stated before. I'd really like to test it. The bogus meter readings made me frantic over the plants late on when I was told to test the ppm for clarity. I ended up flushing them for 2-3 days straight due to a fear of the readings being potentially accurate.

I don't know how to read this report of the water.

Attachments

• 1234.png
    1234.png
    448.5 KB · Views: 38
Water doesn't look to bad, other than the Floride and chlorine.

Honestly I have an inexpensive ppm meter, has worked 3 years so far... might have just gotten that one...

Back