Grow Mediums Looking for advise from fellow growers for my second run

Reaction score
Hi guys.

I'm looking for advise on how to go about my second run, because I followed a pretty concrete plan for the first. I am about to harvest my first run in a few days after I finish flushing. Growing in Coco Coir.

I have the three feminized seeds left from CropKing that I ordered(blue cookies).

I understand autos are cheaper, and I don't know if I'm looking at the right site people are talking about here: www(.)mephistogenetics.com

I am open to buying some autos. If there are any recommendations for strains you have, preferably Indica, throw them out there.

I executed on a double transfer method for my first run. Started out with Solo Cups into 1Gallon pots, and finished with 3Gallon pots.

If I execute the run properly for 3 of these plants from the very beginning, I will have 3 big plants as big or bigger than my currently biggest plant of the first run.

My setup is a 5' by 5' tent with 1x 1000w MH/HPS. I use a t5 fluorescent for early veg.

Some of the errors I made for my first run happened in germination. At first, I listened to a dude about germinating them in the darkness inside of my closet. That did not go well, and most of the seedlings came out weak and flimsy. Only one plant out of the five in this setting showed green. I immediately placed it under the t5 fluorescent light I had per the instructions I was given. It ended up becoming my biggest plant of the first run. Had these errors not happened, I would have had all plants of similar size, because I had to replant some seeds a week or so after upon this fuckup.

I consulted with a friend who was easing me through my first run at the time. He advised me to germinate under the t5. I proceeded to do this and I had zero issues germinating the rest of the seeds I had.

My question to you guys is now that I know these details, how should I execute my next run? I know it's really up to the grower here, but I'm pretty clueless as far as innovation goes for this field. I also think it's typically best to not to go into things without a concrete plan. Especially in this field it seems.

Should I still do double transfer method I executed on this run, or should I possibly do something different? I know in terms of using bigger pots, it would involve more coco to be used, but I am positive that I will be able to fund it come the future.

I'm interested in whatever you guys have to say about all of this. I'm sorry for the long text. I am simply trying to plan ahead for my next run after I harvest these current plants. I'm not really in the position to go into things carelessly. I've never been the kind of person to do so.

Thanks! Attached bellow are pictures of my first run that I'm about to harvest.

Attachments

• tt1.jpeg
    tt1.jpeg
    143.3 KB · Views: 154
  • tt2.jpeg
    tt2.jpeg
    130.3 KB · Views: 136
  • tt3.jpeg
    tt3.jpeg
    122.6 KB · Views: 134
  • tt4.jpeg
    tt4.jpeg
    82.3 KB · Views: 131
  • tt5.jpeg
    tt5.jpeg
    145.8 KB · Views: 124
:welcome: Hi @thebombhaha and welcome to AFN! :welcome:

Congrats on your upcoming harvest! :d5:

Some sow directly into the final pot, and some use the solo cup method and plant cup and all, (tier style). You cut out the bottom, (sides optional), and place in another solo cup with drain holes. At transplant time you pull out the inner cup and plant the entire cup, (or 1/2 cup if you don't make side holes). :headbang:

Yup these guys got ya covered. Yeah mephisto is the real deal order direct. Autoseeds is also getting a lot of attention lately seeing lots of really nice grows coming from that forum they also ship world wide. Both have discounts for members so get the code and use it. Wet dry cycles very important at seedling stage make those roots go out and search for water. Don’t water at the base water in a ring around the seedling so the roots have to search out to find it. Don’t let completely dry out once those roots r established she’ll be good to go.

Yup these guys got ya covered. Yeah mephisto is the real deal order direct. Autoseeds is also getting a lot of attention lately seeing lots of really nice grows coming from that forum they also ship world wide. Both have discounts for members so get the code and use it. Wet dry cycles very important at seedling stage make those roots go out and search for water. Don’t water at the base water in a ring around the seedling so the roots have to search out to find it. Don’t let completely dry out once those roots r established she’ll be good to go.

I was also recommended Mephisto by multiple users. To my understanding it's a strictly autofeminized seed shop. Where I stand now concerning the next run:

"I'm trying to make improvements now. I bought higher quality saucers and a shop vac to collect the runoff since I'm doing DTW.

Currently, I'm trying to find out what I should exactly do for my second run here. I have 3 seeds left from my first run from CropKingSeeds that I want to start germing in the next couple of days.. However, if one or two should fail, I'm wondering what I should to do fill my 5' by 5' tent. Multiple forum members have told me about autos. I know nothing about them. I did feminized photos prior and vegged for months. Other people have shit talked autos to me..

I'm trying to see what I can do to push my next yield to the 2lb range as a grower. It's great I got 1.3-1.4lb now, but I recognize and have been told of my mistakes throughout the run. I can't spend more money on more feminized seeds currently..But since autos are cheaper, if I'm convinced, I might buy in."

I am open to buying some autos. If there are any recommendations for strains you have, preferably Indica, throw them out there.
World of Seeds Afghan Kush Ryder is a great indica. Dinafem Blue Cheese is good as well. Mephisto 3 Bears OG is mostly indica. I buy Dinafem seeds more than any other. Plenty of good breeders available for indica.

Back