Questions on Coco

Hello again everyone! I had one additional question that I didn't really think about before. How do you water your seedlings? I planned on starting out around 300ppm 5.8ph solution just not really sure how much I should be feeding.

Do you water the whole pot to run off right off? Or should I just water a little bit in a small ring starting out and then increase the amount and the area slowly as it grows? I've had issues recently over watering in soil and it has stunted a few of my plants so I want to avoid that as much as possible

Hello again everyone! I had one additional question that I didn't really think about before. How do you water your seedlings? I planned on starting out around 300ppm 5.8ph solution just not really sure how much I should be feeding.

Do you water the whole pot to run off right off? Or should I just water a little bit in a small ring starting out and then increase the amount and the area slowly as it grows? I've had issues recently over watering in soil and it has stunted a few of my plants so I want to avoid that as much as possible
I think I drowned a few sprouts watering too close

I water the entire pot but keep 90% of the water outside the roots just wet the center and let the rest soak through. I start 250ppm and start raising ppm to full strength over the course of week or so after the first true leaves are 1” or so. I fertigate then plant don’t fertigate till spout pop up. Then leave them for 2-3 days tilll coco start change color on top then feed again each time I fertigate I shorten the dry time by one day so if I wait 4 days next time I wait three and then two and then every other work my way slowly to once a day by week 3-4

Last edited:

I use 2 grams of V1/V2 floraflex and water where the end of the leaves touch, looking down. When the leaves are outside the pot you can fully saturate the pot. By the 3rd week, I'm using full strength of 3.5 grams.

That's not too hot for autos? I get tip burn at 2.5gs and I start with 1g
No issues here. They seem to acclimate to it okay. Of course, water volume is a lot lower in the beginning. I start foliar at 3rd or 4th week too.

I'm gonna start checking that. I've been using brand-X 5-kilo blocks, whatever's cheapest. I think the last batch was this:
So far, I have only used the cheap blocks, and I always rinse and buffer. I now germinate seeds over a heat mat and then plant them in coco in solo transplant cups (inner cup split to allow "transplant" by dropping into shaped hole before pulling the sides)

Next grow I will be using Floraflex prepared coco mix, but I will check EC before assuming that it is ready.

I start fertigating at ~450EC or so, and ramp it up over the first week or so. Before emergence, I spray the solo coco surface to keep it moist under the dome, after emergence, I fertigate in a ring around the plant, not on it. Once transferred into the final pot, I top water on a timer through floraflex distribution plates. Once the plants are well underway, fertigation is to runoff six times a day. :pighug:

Last edited:
I water the entire pot but keep 90% of the water outside the roots just wet the center and let the rest soak through. I start 250ppm and start raising ppm to full strength over the course of week or so after the first true leaves are 1” or so. I fertigate then plant don’t fertigate till spout pop up. Then leave them for 2-3 days tilll coco start change color on top then feed again each time I fertigate I shorten the dry time by one day so if I wait 4 days next time I wait three and then two and then every other work my way slowly to once a day by week 3-4
Thank you for all this man, exactly what I was needing!
I use 2 grams of V1/V2 floraflex and water where the end of the leaves touch, looking down. When the leaves are outside the pot you can fully saturate the pot. By the 3rd week, I'm using full strength of 3.5 grams.
Okay nice thanks man I was wondering about a good marker for that, didn't even think about the leaf tips as a guide! Was wondering about the foliar as well, do you do kelp foliar?
So far, I have only used the cheap blocks, and I always rinse and buffer. I now germinate seeds over a heat mat and then plant them in coco in solo transplant cups (inner cup split to allow "transplant" by dropping into shaped hole before pulling the sides)

Next grow I will be using Floraflex prepared coco mix, but I will check EC before assuming that it is ready.

I start fertigating at ~450EC or so, and ramp it up over the first week or so. Before emergence, I spray the solo coco surface to keep it moist under the dome, after emergence, I fertigate in a ring around the plant, not on it. Once transferred into the final pot, I top water on a timer through floraflex distribution plates. Once the plants are well underway, fertigation is to runoff six times a day. :pighug:
Thanks man I appreciate all the info, was thinking of ramping up to the seedling ppm of the feed chart which is 500ppm. Good to hear others are close.

Okay nice thanks man I was wondering about a good marker for that, didn't even think about the leaf tips as a guide! Was wondering about the foliar as well, do you do kelp foliar?
Looks like the veg foliar is used for foliar feeding npk, those values pasted below. A kelp foliar would be beneficial too in addition to the veg foliar. I always had a noticeable difference after using Recharge (as a humic/fulvic root drench) once I could saturate the pot fully.

TOTAL NITROGEN (N)…………………....30%
2% AMMONIACAL NITROGEN
9% NITRATE NITROGEN
19% UREA NITROGEN
AVAILABLE PHOSPHATE (P2O5)……..9%
SOLUBLE POTASH (K2O)……………...10%
BORON (B)..............……………………..0.1%
MOLYBDENUM (Mo)……………… 0.004%

Does anyone recommend transplanting instead of me going direct to pot with the peat pellet? I have a transplant bag from coda I was thinking of using

Back