Having an absolute hell of a time getting any of these Gnome Auto's JEM seeds to pop.

The one labeled "2nd try" I dug out of the soil after 4 days and put in one of those little rooter things and put a couple drops of kelp extract on.

View attachment 1714565

All the others in the rooter pods I put a few drops of kelp extract on as well. The cups with nothing growing are just empty at this point, they had seeds, but they just aren't happening. I just spent 20 minutes carefully digging through them with a pick checking for any growth.
Never had luck with rooters or grodan cubes, seems they always were too much water. not sure how chill it is where you are but maybe a seedling mat to keep em happy.

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/U3mFHSLxNqjRhUd9uU" width="480" height="269" style="" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="">via GIPHY</a></p>

1730079150556.gif

Never had luck with rooters or grodan cubes, seems they always were too much water. not sure how chill it is where you are but maybe a seedling mat to keep em happy.
The rapid rooters i had best luck with! Although they come damp u need to put em under the faucet and once saturated fully u just squeeze it gently like a sponge so not leaking water and then good to go! I have lost many a seed direct planting or using jiffy but not lost 1 in the rooters yet!

It is 86* and 65% RH in my little seedling tent with the light on. I had a seedling mat in there too but it made it like 95* and I decided that was maybe too warm.

I've had fantastic luck with these rooters. They are like magic for difficult seeds. I forgot I had this bag of them so I broke them out on Friday. The CMD I have in one is pushing the little plug I have over the hole out of the way and should be all the way up by tomorrow.

The rapid rooters i had best luck with! Although they come damp u need to put em under the faucet and once saturated fully u just squeeze it gently like a sponge so not leaking water and then good to go! I have lost many a seed direct planting or using jiffy but not lost 1 in the rooters yet!

Thats what I do. I put them in a bowl with some distilled water, and give them a squeeze so they soak up the water like a sponge. Pop my seed in, scrape a little of the material over the top of the hole, and usually within 3 days the seed is sprouted and up.

They work fantastic for difficult to start hot pepper seeds too.

Whenever my wife says she has to poop, I always ask if I can watch. Of course she says no.

This evening she sent me a pic of our dog in the bathroom with her.

I saw WTF, I've been asking for years and you say no, but you let the dog watch?

Thats what I do. I put them in a bowl with some distilled water, and give them a squeeze so they soak up the water like a sponge. Pop my seed in, scrape a little of the material over the top of the hole, and usually within 3 days the seed is sprouted and up.

They work fantastic for difficult to start hot pepper seeds too.
Yup they seem to stay damp enough to not need water before seeds have popped! Jiffy pucks i have had plenty where they got too wet and u can’t exactly squeeze the excess outta them!

Whenever my wife says she has to poop, I always ask if I can watch. Of course she says no.

This evening she sent me a pic of our dog in the bathroom with her.

I saw WTF, I've been asking for years and you say no, but you let the dog watch?
1730081982195.gif

Back