Hey long story short….

I finally got a multimeter and i was wondering if u could tell me where i need to clip it/tap it to on this control board to see if its getting power? I think the one i bought was no good cuz saw several reviews claiming they did exactly that and then never responded to the customers and now their shopify site isn’t even up anymore! Unfortunately didn’t see review til after i had ordered it and really wanna figure out what i need to get this tv to work again!

:thanks::d5:

View attachment 1710136
1st thing, put the meter in continuity mode. That's when you touch the probes together and it beeps.
See the white tube with silver caps, it's by the power plug. Put a probe on either side. It should beep. If not the fuse is bad, replacing MAY fix. Come on back for part two, looks like a bad diode in there too

@Lil Dab see def a McLaren! ;)
image.jpg
image.jpg

Hey now,
Here’s one for you. A while back we noticed the vinyl tiles peeling on the bathroom floor. Long story short, the mixing valve, behind the cement board and ceramic time sprung a leak. Not wanting to tear the bathroom apart just yet I hit it with some JB Weld. That almost stopped it, but it still leaks, drip instead of spray, but a leak none the less.
Fortunately I redid the entire supply plumbing for the house. I used pex and have a manifold that is basically a valve for each section. So it’s bath, toilet, sink, kitchen sink. . . All on their own circuit. This allowed us to shut the hot water off so it didn’t leak when we don’t use it. Valve in basement, total pita to turn on and off.
That brings us to today. Knowing the bathroom tear down is months away because I need to replace the bathtub as well as the valves and stuff. I decided it was time to automate. We use Alexa and google and I am working on my own stuff to enable us to have the automation with out Amazon and Google. I digress; I bought an electric motor operated ball valve and have enough stuff to put it all together. Simple relay with NO and NC contacts, power the relay with the house AI and voila’ Alexa turn on the hot water, Alexa turn off the hot water; works a treat!
View attachment 1710133View attachment 1710134

Ta-Da!

Back