Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Hell! At least I got a clean Bill of Health on my eyes from the optometrist! :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

What I wasn't ready for was the price of the glasses!:face::grrr1::grrr1::grrr1::grrr1::grrr1::grrr1:

Now, granted, my glasses are not just plain simple glasses. Due to the prescription and being progressive lenses, I need to make things as light as possible with the lenses and the frame itself. Not cheap!

Eyeglasses industry has been using insurance for so long, their prices are just absolutely ridiculous without insurance. With three places that I've checked so far, we're talking about $750 to $850. That is for one set of regular eyeglasses that would be worn most of the time and a simple pair of sunglasses.

Yeah I went a little long on getting new glasses, a little over five years. But pretty damn close to double when I paid the last time is a little ridiculous!

And they're always giving that stupid marketing spiel about either "40% off" or "Buy one get one free" BULLSHIT!

Well enough ranting! Gotta eat lunch and then do some shaking with some cannabis!

Well Hell! At least I got a clean Bill of Health on my eyes from the optometrist! :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

What I wasn't ready for was the price of the glasses!:face::grrr1::grrr1::grrr1::grrr1::grrr1::grrr1:

Now, granted, my glasses are not just plain simple glasses. Due to the prescription and being progressive lenses, I need to make things as light as possible with the lenses and the frame itself. Not cheap!

Eyeglasses industry has been using insurance for so long, their prices are just absolutely ridiculous without insurance. With three places that I've checked so far, we're talking about $750 to $850. That is for one set of regular eyeglasses that would be worn most of the time and a simple pair of sunglasses.

Yeah I went a little long on getting new glasses, a little over five years. But pretty damn close to double when I paid the last time is a little ridiculous!

And they're always giving that stupid marketing spiel about either "40% off" or "Buy one get one free" BULLSHIT!

Well enough ranting! Gotta eat lunch and then do some shaking with some cannabis!

I buy all my frames through Zenni I get my contacts through my eye doctor when I get my prescription then take my prescription to zenni and get glasses their frames are super cheap I buy two at a time so I have a backup pair

IMG_8458.JPG

#TooSoon?
alfchocolat.gif

:smoker:

The height was minimal 4” to me I’d barely fit a gorilla at it shortest height and after the videos and reviews I’ve read I think the other tent manufacturers have came along ways in a short time making a comparable tent for much less I could buy 2-3 of these tents for the cost of a gorilla at reg price still could have bought 2 vivosun for the price of 1 gorilla on sale
You got what worked for you. That's what counts.:headbang:

Now, what I do question is the quality of the other tents. I really haven't seen any design Or material changes since I bought my Mars 2x4 tent 2yrs ago this next month.. Plain and simple, the material of the Mars tents and I suspect Vivosun to be similar, are just NOT the same quality as the Gorilla. The stitching in the Mars tent is very subpar to the Gorilla. After using Vivo circulation fans and exhaust fans I don't think I would give their tents much of a chance to buy, personally.

I correlate the tents like choosing between Chevrolet and Cadillac when I was a kid. Are you willing to pay more money for a better product?

I know that if I were to buy another 4X4 tent or larger, It would not be Mars or Vivosun. Material specs do come into play, but the most important thing on that size of tent is the design.

Don't get me wrong! I do quite like my two Mars tents! They are plainly just not the same quality of tent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back