Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my last deer without getting out of bed on our Aucilla property before dad sold it. Scared the shit out friends that were still sleeping.

:crying:

Pop made me get up first and start a fire in the ancient cast iron stove we had.

:crying: Hubby is Exactly the same.....And...he fans about so much....I go in the shower first............and warm the bathroom up for him.......

Had me petrified....:pass:....dying to see her...but not wanting to kill her doing it..Tough Call.....
Yeah, I'm glad this crap didn't hit when Mom was still living. I would have been even more of a hermit!

Although, it might have given me the incentive to convert a couple of rooms in my old farmhouse to grow rooms. To keep an eye on her, the last few years I had to spend most of my time and slept over at the house I built for her. That old farmhouse had huge rooms and extremely tall ceilings . I could have grown monsters! :headbang:

:crying:

:crying: Hubby is Exactly the same.....And...he fans about so much....I go in the shower first............and warm the bathroom up for him.......
Yeah, I can hear that West Clock wind up alarm clock going off and Pop saying, "Boy, Get your ass up and start a fire!" He wouldn't get out of bed until the fire was going well. I got the bright idea one morning To immediately go outside and take a pee ...................... And overact and verbalize the relief as I'm peeing. A few times I left the door open! It gave me my intended results! He had to get his old ass up and pee right then and there with no warm cabin! :biggrin: I only did it on a really cold mornings. He finally caught on!:crying::crying:
My Dad and I had a great relationship! We did screw with each other quite a bit, but it was all in fun and each of us knew our place in the relationship. He was my friend, but he was also my Dad. I lost my Dad way too young! I was only 25. While the Navy did send me home on temporary assignment when he was diagnosed, I had orders back to my regular assignment within the week of burying him and then on a mission 5 days later after getting back to my assignment. Never mind, I wasn't still in the same degree of physical shape when I left my Regular assignment And no time to grieve before I was put into the thick of things again. That meant no emotions at all to get the job done that had to be done. Not being able to grieve really screwed with me And cause quite a bit of problems in personal relationships for quite a few years.

I do know one thing for sure though! If my Dad had still been living when I bought my farm, it sure as hell wouldn't have taken several years to convince Mom to move out to the farm! I know he would have loved it and I probably would have had to make him buy his own tractor to keep him off of mine all the time!
I still miss him and think of him daily!
I feel sorry for young men that don't have that kind of relationship with their father. First and foremost, we were friends, but we never lost sight of who was father and who was son. He always encouraged me to excel, but never told me what to Excel in. He encouraged me to find my own path!

Morning y’all :coffee2:

Hope you’re toking on some fine herbs. I am blending a little Mephisto’s Wedding with some Mango Smile x 3BOG. Really my favorite blend. 😚💨💨💨💨💨💨

Peace ☮️ love 💕 and happiness 😃‼️

I'm pure Florida, below 60 is cold and when it hits 50 I'm miserable.

Me Too........ :biggrin: ....as soon as our night temps go below 10C I'm waiting for the nerve damage to kick off...

I used to have to wear an insulated glove from around September when we lived in the UK...if the cold got into it.....the pain was horrendous.

FUGGIN' KATT!!! :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :gassy:

@WildBill .....you know.....I was so impressed with you yesterday....because of the Legislation/vote we ended up getting political in LS....:pass:...I was Watching..but I let it go....coz everyone kept it on topic about legalisation.......

BUT..this to Me is just Poltical flam coz you are singling out one person for ridicule......:shrug:...and that is going to invite flam for anyone who votes for him/his party.

I'll get a US staff opinion......:shrug:...I don't Know your Politics enough......but to me...that is a no-no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back