Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I like to do before I go catfish fishing is make up some treble hooks on about 18" of 20lb test leader. On one end I tie the treble hook and other other a small loop.

That way I can use a piece of wire with a notch it in, shove it through half a hot dog and pull the leader back through. That way the treble hook is in the end of the hot dog and none of the barbs are exposed. Then I just connect the loop on the other end of the leader to a swivel, and on the other end of the swivel I have an ounce or two egg weight. So setup like a Carolina rig, basically. With the treble hooks in the far end of the hot dog, you can cast it as hard as you want and its not going anywhere. And the fish has to really get into that piece of dog before the notice the hook, so they'll usually already be running with it and you get a nice hookset.

I use kool aid (spelling?) for catfish.

They love strawberry. I have no idea why.

Cut up some cheap Bar-5 hot dogs and toss them in a ziplock with a packet of strawberry koolaid and you've got some great channel cat bait.
Sounds better tasting then some of the previous hot dog plates How did ya figure that one out :thumbsup:

Sounds better tasting then some of the previous hot dog plates How did ya figure that one out :thumbsup:

Read it online on some fishing forum and tried it out.

I've tried a few other flavors and colors. I though maybe they like the red color, so I tried cherry. Nope.
Tried a few other flavors like grape, also tried garlic, and star anise because I read they liked that. Nothing seems to work as well as strawberry.

There are a few local baitshops that have started selling strawberry chicken, its just diced up chicken breast soaked in canned strawberry pie filling. I tried that and didn't ahve as much luck, but it stays on a regular hook better than hotdog.

I use Cool Aide and Jello :vibe:
Ya they got fun flavors. I been trying em all ways. I've produced thousands of gummies over the past few weeks:crying: .. avoiding decarb in the oven and doing it all in the jar in the crockpot is best for the flavor, Personally i like Matching a juice/juice concentrate+ jello + flavor oil are good. Jar of Maraschino cherrys blended+ cherry jello+ cherry flavor oil pretty awesome but i think Kool aid flavors the general expectation.....Gatorade works better with a little extra gelatin, coca cola gummy bears just gotta let it go flat before you cook it down , i didn't even get to try the red bull ones but im assuming that they were good cuz dem things just pooft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back