Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a recommendation for a decent ph ec meter?

I have Apera's PH 60 and EC60 and would recommend them or bluelab. Lots of people like those also have heard good stuff about Hanna meters but I only have experience with Apera and a cheap Vivosun combo which I do not recommend

I have Apera's PH 60 and EC60 and would recommend them or bluelab. Lots of people like those also have heard good stuff about Hanna meters but I only have experience with Apera and a cheap Vivosun combo which I do not recommend
I take it those cheap ones don't work?

Doesn't matter. Whatever is cheaper?
I've used the basic bluelabs , one of each for more than 3 years without a hiccup, Just do the basic mtce. and calibrate monthly. Biggest thing is to use the storage solution for the ph if it isn't going to be used for a while.

Doesn't matter. Whatever is cheaper?
Cheap is a relative term in relation to your budget may be one number in relation to the value of your crop may be another number.

I use Blue Lab Combo Meters. I own two.

I take it those cheap ones don't work?

They do work mine didn't last long before ph stopped working plus I couldn't find calibration stuff for the one I had. I was very new to growing and it was my first pen after that I went with something little nicer with replaceable probes incase that happened again. Which I have had to replace my EC probe on the apera stopped working 30$ and it was good as new. I also replaced my PH probe after about a year and half of use just cause that's how I am I worry. So I replaced to be better safe then sorry.

Ec & tds meters are simple and don't need anything special IMO don't cheap out on a PH meter they are finicky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back