Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe (at least with NS brand) you can know the exact PSI needed for the amount of material you are pressing they have a calculator that adds it all up tells you press at this PSI for max extraction. Comes in handy if your not always pressing the same amount thinking more for hash guys. But I do think a gauge would make me more constant with my extractions but frank's not wrong it's not even necessary even when starting out and if anything I think a gauge is for more advanced presser's doing different extractions like hash and what not
Think about this, though. It’s not really about the correct psi, is it? If a chart says that you need X psi for a given amount of material, and you just crank it right up to that psi, you’re going to have a shitty return. You gotta slowly increase pressure, knowing when to wait to let it start flowing, and when to increase pressure to get it to flow more. Go to fast, get a blow out. You can use the gauge towards the end of the press, but after a time or two, you’ll know how much pressure to add based on the feel of the handle. It’s not worth the increased cost. The variable is the presser. It’s a bit of an art, like cooking.

THIS!!!!!!!!
Just a guess but also seems like too much pressure on a bag could cause blowouts at the least! Knowing u are in that sweet spot for pressure seems like its a guessing game u are avoiding!

Think about this, though. It’s not really about the correct psi, is it? If a chart says that you need X psi for a given amount of material, and you just crank it right up to that psi, you’re going to have a shitty return. You gotta slowly increase pressure, knowing when to wait to let it start flowing, and when to increase pressure to get it to flow more. Go to fast, get a blow out. You can use the gauge towards the end of the press, but after a time or two, you’ll know how much pressure to add based on the feel of the handle. It’s not worth the increased cost. The variable is the presser. It’s a bit of an art, like cooking.
The price of that dabpress even having to buy the $140 pump separately it doesn’t seem like u are getting an added cost just to have the gauge! Now if you have a press with a typical jack and no gauge def be too much of a hassle to add one in!

It is and it isn't your not wrong and variable is the presser but even if I know the max PSI. I also know to ramp up my pressure slowly. Like I said before I think a gauge is for the more advanced and people with some OCD:haha::condom:

Ya now that I can at least eat the dabs n rso really give me a second wind when the pain starts. Hopefully u can get a med combo working Most times i feel like if i can get at it the second i get a hint of discomfort turning to pain i can buy time and get through work but if i cant just stop n smoke immediately im gonna have a bad night. But on the bright side not only are these lime muffin dabs potent theyre smooth.... n Sour is soothing. Think im addicted
I can imagine the pain dude if RSO is what's helping you!!!!!!!! That first test batch I made was definitely potent. The One I made my classmate was much stronger. I still have my RSO in the freezer. It's what I'll take as a last resort before going to ER. Other than the damn taste, the only downside is not sure as hell can't function normally under that influence of that stuff! It usually lays my ass right the hell out!

Thanks everyone. :bighug: You all some cool cats
1701746300621.gif

It is and it isn't your not wrong and variable is the presser but even if I know the max PSI. I also know to ramp up my pressure slowly. Like I said before I think a gauge is for the more advanced and people with some OCD:haha::condom:
You can get a blow out with any press. Used to get them with my old 4 ton. It’s more about preparing the bag right, and going slow, so everything gets nice and hot and pliable. People are maxing out 10 ton presses and not getting blow outs….

I think it's especially critical in doing hash properly. I know the low temp warm up and increasing temps has really increased the quality of my live rosin, but I have no idea on the increase in amount. You just can't really ramp your pressure accurately with a Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back