Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, so if my tap water is 230ppm, and I add nutrients to bring it to around 700 ppm, thats 500ppm of nutrients.

If I started with distilled water, that would mean all 700ppm would be nutrients.

Does that make starting with distilled more beneficial?

Wondering if it makes sense for me to buy an RO machine.

No matter where i've lived in the past couple of decades, we've had RO for drinking water and plant use. I still feel like i can't find a 'happy place' for all the different houseplants. I suppose that would be the same for different cultivars of Cannabis. But that's just me?

Well I'm considering getting RO water from walmart.

One plant in heavy flower will use 1 gallon a day. At max I have 3 plants in flower at once.

So 3 of the 5 gallon jugs should do it.

You should buffer plain RO if that’s what’s your using it can and will go acidic. I’ve done it all different ways and have settled on tap/ro<100 ppm.

This is what @Mañ'O'Green has taught me about using RO cause my tap is extremely high PPM, ph, and high alkalinity

“The history of why I invented stabilizing RO. When I first started using RO It did all manor of weird PH shit to my reservoir when I added it to bring the PPM down in a nutrient mix to the range I wanted. I used RO because it added only water to the mix. But it took copious amounts of up or down to keep PH in range. You know that PH+ Nitric Acid adds nitrogen, PH+ Phosphoric Acid adds Phosphorus to your nutrient mix. When you use large amounts it will change your nutrient balance. Keep in mind I am in hydro and my PPMs would change by as much as 75PPM. This was not desirable. Then I learned that RO water is hungry and will pull Co² out of the air and drop the PH to 5.5 or lower. I read somewhere that adding some base ions would mitigate this action. It can be any metal ion. I started adding a little cal-mag to the RO and Bota Boom Bota Bang it stop hijacking my reservoir PH. Then I discovered that everything mixed better without any precipitation I could see if I used this "buffered" RO. The reason I used 50 PPM of Cal_mag was because that was the lowest number my EC pen could read. Not all Cal_mags are made the same but most are calcium nitrate and Mg nitrate and maybe some iron once again a source of Nitrogen I don't want. Hence my choice of Soluble Gypsum which is Ca and Sulfur, Epsom Salt is Mg and Sulfur. Cannabis can tolerate a lot of Sulfur way more than you are likely to get in any nutrient line. I settled on .3g Soluble Gypsum and .3g Ag Epsom Salt per gallon of RO that gets me close to that 50PPM mark that most meters can read. It works well for me so I teach it.”

I enjoyed the rucu cucu as well :headbang:

1701383178686.gif

I'm not keen on Sweet potatoes tbh. I much prefer a king Edward, maris piper or a jersey/new(if season is all good). But, tbf, I'm a fussy bugger who doesn't want to compromise on enjoyment, for a few extra years of poverty!:biggrin::bighug::LOLStoned::passit:

Evening @krug :bighug:...Jersey Royal new potatoes.......:drool:...I'd give hubbys right arm for a bowl..with butter and a hint of mint........................Oh Yum......................

I'm not as keen on the sweet potatoes as hubby is.....But.....brilliant to stick in with the chicken soup to get another veggie in there.....

IMG_7953.JPG

i like sweet potatoes way better than white spuds. And...i don't throw sugar and stuff on them, either...just butter, a little salt and pepper, and then a goodly amount of Za'Atar with Sumac. The Za'Atar and Sumac sort of go on most everything savory, these days.

Hubby is dead keen....but they are a bit sweet for me......:chef:....same as parsnip.......

I think that's were I went wrong this time with germination.
I had them in water for too long and it fucked up the seeds.

Fresh seeds need a minimal soak

Older seeds maybe a bit longer in water.
So do you start day 1 when you dunk your seeds in water.?
If I wait too long after popping in water, the seedling would’ve already shed its shell. I’ve had them pop and she’s shell within 24 hrs. 12 hrs is small tail on about half. If they haven’t grown a tail by 24 hrs, they probably won’t pop. 5-7 drops of H2O2 and spring water. On top of the cable box…

You should buffer plain RO if that’s what’s your using it can and will go acidic. I’ve done it all different ways and have settled on tap/ro<100 ppm.

This is what @Mañ'O'Green has taught me about using RO cause my tap is extremely high PPM, ph, and high alkalinity

“The history of why I invented stabilizing RO. When I first started using RO It did all manor of weird PH shit to my reservoir when I added it to bring the PPM down in a nutrient mix to the range I wanted. I used RO because it added only water to the mix. But it took copious amounts of up or down to keep PH in range. You know that PH+ Nitric Acid adds nitrogen, PH+ Phosphoric Acid adds Phosphorus to your nutrient mix. When you use large amounts it will change your nutrient balance. Keep in mind I am in hydro and my PPMs would change by as much as 75PPM. This was not desirable. Then I learned that RO water is hungry and will pull Co² out of the air and drop the PH to 5.5 or lower. I read somewhere that adding some base ions would mitigate this action. It can be any metal ion. I started adding a little cal-mag to the RO and Bota Boom Bota Bang it stop hijacking my reservoir PH. Then I discovered that everything mixed better without any precipitation I could see if I used this "buffered" RO. The reason I used 50 PPM of Cal_mag was because that was the lowest number my EC pen could read. Not all Cal_mags are made the same but most are calcium nitrate and Mg nitrate and maybe some iron once again a source of Nitrogen I don't want. Hence my choice of Soluble Gypsum which is Ca and Sulfur, Epsom Salt is Mg and Sulfur. Cannabis can tolerate a lot of Sulfur way more than you are likely to get in any nutrient line. I settled on .3g Soluble Gypsum and .3g Ag Epsom Salt per gallon of RO that gets me close to that 50PPM mark that most meters can read. It works well for me so I teach it.”
Our water is quite alkaline. pH is sometimes over 8. Sometimes over 9. The hardness factor, by the water report, is zero. (they remove the calcium and magnesium) But the alkalinity is '180' from the annual water report for tap. There are times that our pH is higher on the RO water than tap. Filters are ordered.
" It's enough to make you crazy if you let it!"

Did you watch the video, they are only showing the drive chain not the suspension. Planetary gears can be very strong for their mass. I think it is genius.

I seriously would harvest that opportunity. I like braised pheasant.

Was somebody talking about pancakes last night because I woke up craving them this morning :rofl:

View attachment 1650150
I've dealt with quite a bit of planetary gears. Now, they might have done this just for the simplicity of the video Or a diagram, But they show single helical gears. That means there will be Axial thrust to the gears. Since vehicles mainly traveled in one direction, there will be more wear on that thrust end. And there would have to be provisions for lubrication of that thrust. You know, actually I suspect that they would be double helical gears so there is no axial thrust. .
That part might be OK in a slow vehicle. But in a normal vehicle that we use like we used today, those little pinion gears would be absolutely screaming their ass off. But those little pinion gears will be the first to go....... Most likely at the point where axial alignment is maintained.

Well, sure they didn't show the suspension but, You just can't ignore that there will be a quite large increase in unsprung weight. We are talking about where the wheel is directly attached. This "hub assembly", Planetary gear cluster and electric motor, are additions to the normal brake assembly, wheel and tire combination and associated suspension. And while regeneration can aid in stopping, you will still have a braking assembly. So it's not going to delete the heavy brake rotor that could possibly offset the additional unsprung weight.

In addition to the unsprung weight, there will be an increase in rotating mass. There's laws about that stuff man!:eyebrows::biggrin:
Just ask that dude name Newton!
Newton's First Law of Motion states that a body at rest will remain at rest unless an outside force acts on it, and a body in motion at a constant velocity will remain in motion in a straightline unless acted upon by an outside force.

Again, regen can aid in reducing this effect, but it cannot fully compensate for it, therefore there will either need to be an increase in clamping force(4 piston calipers versus two piston calipers) on the existing braking system or a larger braking system with a larger disk.......... which increases unsprung weight.

I know automotive suspension systems quite well. I've built quite a few high performance streetcars, road course cars, a couple dirt track cars and most importantly drag racing cars. Without a doubt, ALL will have one common factor, a reduction in unsprung weight. This system only adds to that unsprung weight. That has to be taken in account. Since it is the drive system itself , It will definitely not be insignificant and will be quite considerable.

If a system like this does make it to market, I would suspect that these shocks would be of the magnetic kind. That type of system is highly adaptable would have much better control than a normal hydraulic type system.

This just plain basic engineering facts. About the only subjective point I've covered is the shocks and what kind they would be.

Howdy all here's my 3 Bears OG Day 16 and I figured out that my soil was to hot and after a couple flushes the Grape Dane's starting to show signs of life again. I also decided to do a little lst to her and she's on week 5! My Skylar White was to beat up from the soil so she was put out to pasture but I have a Blue Sprayed Shoes Remix from Night Owl it's the first time growing night Owl gear!
KIMG8602~4.JPG
KIMG8595~2.JPG
KIMG8536.JPG
KIMG8554.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back