Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do someone know if this one is goood?

The wife and I get polycarbonate progressive lenses with brand name frames. $1k for 2 pairs of glasses last visit.
Paid with Care Credit card. Took 5 months to pay off. Try to make them last 2 years.
The one was next to the doctor where I got my prescription was a little over $750, But that was reusing my current sunglass frames for the new sunglasses lenses.
The $850 plus was through Zinni. The same company that I've been dealing with for many years That used to be lenscrafters or eyemasters, which is now Visionworks, Was over $1000 for the first pair but half off for the sunglasses it bought at the same time.:face::grrr1:

That's well over twice as much as I paid the last time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:grrr1::grrr1::grrr1::grrr1::grrr1::grrr1::grrr1::grrr1::grrr1::grrr1::grrr1::grrr1::grrr1::grrr1::grrr1::grrr1::grrr1::grrr1::grrr1::grrr1:

That's pretty much why I'm so pissed right now!

How in the hell did you get a picture of me???????:biggrin::crying::crying::crying::crying:

I gave up contacts When I went back aboard ship full time. Just too many solvents and crap in the air around the machinery where I worked. Especially the last command! My office was in the Ram Room that operated the flight deck elevators. The hydraulics that operated that system was so dangerous ........... Altogether now ........ How dangerous was it?
Basically, ANY Measurable leak was called for General Quarters!

Well....................... At least that's how it's supposed to happen!:face:
I think every other hydraulic fluid in the Navy does not have those qualities! I have no idea why in the hell they had to make this particular system require such a nasty fluid.
The chief engineer wouldn't/couldn't do a damn thing about it, so I instituted a Wild Bill weekly PM. I had the woodworking shop on the shore save me their sawdust. I made a little aluminum tray for each one of the Rams and put the sawdust in it to absorb any leakage. I wrote up an actual Preventive Maintenance procedure And gave it to the chief engineer. While he couldn't officially sanctify it, he did approve it.

Was the hydraulic fluid that skydrol stuff that'll eat your boots?

FB_IMG_1701120770868.jpg

Was the hydraulic fluid that skydrol stuff that'll eat your boots?
I don't know man but enough of that fluid to get on your boots would be enough to call general quarters. That stuff was just extremely nasty.

A lot of naval hydraulic fluid was based on the widely used turbine oil with just additives for the particular Piece of equipment that couldn't utilize just plain turbine oil.

With all the things I was exposed to in the Navy, it hasn't killed me.................YET!

Do someone know if this one is goood?

They make decent stuff but have no presence on site here. Can you marshydro over there? Their prices should be very comparable plus they have a good presence on site here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back