Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
It ain't cheap dude, thats for sure. I'm raising 2 of them. Food is insane right now.

A regular grocery trip is a solid $180 to $200 almost every week.
Then you have weeks where everything hits all at once and you have groceries, cleaning supplies, hygiene supplies, and the kids expensive medications all at once.

Not to mention all my bills going up. Spectrum keeps cranking my internet cost up like $5 a year, for absolutely nothing. Although good news is, a local private ISP is installing fiber in my area soon. $80 for symmetrical gigabit internet. I can't wait. $200 if you want 10 gigabit. TEN GIGABIT. How? My network card on my computer isn't even that fast, lol.

Electric. Man, its gone up $20 a month, every month, for the past year. I just hit $490 this month. For a 1300sqft house. But we heat with electric, so I have it on the budget payment play otherwise it would be like $800 in the winter.
Screenshot 2023-11-16 at 11.38.28 PM.png

Oh I did go to a big bowling / arcade place with my work a while back, it was like a lunch team building thing where we got a catered lunch and then we had free play cards for 2 hours for the arcade and bowling.

I can't bowl due to an injury, so I went to go play some games. Except the "unlimited play" deal didn't include any of the skill games. Just games of chance. So none of the coin pushers, or like that balloon drop game.

1701055956633.png

I am deadly at that thing, but it wasn't included. I thought that was pretty lame.

It ain't cheap dude, thats for sure. I'm raising 2 of them. Food is insane right now.

A regular grocery trip is a solid $180 to $200 almost every week.
Then you have weeks where everything hits all at once and you have groceries, cleaning supplies, hygiene supplies, and the kids expensive medications all at once.

Not to mention all my bills going up. Spectrum keeps cranking my internet cost up like $5 a year, for absolutely nothing. Although good news is, a local private ISP is installing fiber in my area soon. $80 for symmetrical gigabit internet. I can't wait. $200 if you want 10 gigabit. TEN GIGABIT. How? My network card on my computer isn't even that fast, lol.

Electric. Man, its gone up $20 a month, every month, for the past year. I just hit $490 this month. For a 1300sqft house. But we heat with electric, so I have it on the budget payment play otherwise it would be like $800 in the winter.

I know man. Retired life is cheaper than when we were raising the kids but we’re on fixed incomes and this f**king inflation is gobbling up all of our discretionary spending money.

I know man. Retired life is cheaper than when we were raising the kids but we’re on fixed incomes and this f**king inflation is gobbling up all of our discretionary spending money.

Student loans just kicked back in for me. There went $600 a month I'd been saving the last 3 years that had slowly gone towards inflation.

I feel like I'm set back 2 years, spending wise, now.

If you've ever ordered uber eats or whatever and see Pasquales Pizza, thats Chuckies just rebranded. Ghost kitchen, comes out of the same oven and with the same ingredients as the pizza for the rat.
Domino's here just started a "Brooklyn Calzone" place that's delivery only :crying:

Student loans just kicked back in for me. There went $600 a month I'd been saving the last 3 years that had slowly gone towards inflation.

I feel like I'm set back 2 years, spending wise, now.

My kids are in the same spot. Sucks.
They do have good jobs. Make more money
than I ever did. That shit’s relative though.
Costs so much to live these days.

Oh I did go to a big bowling / arcade place with my work a while back, it was like a lunch team building thing where we got a catered lunch and then we had free play cards for 2 hours for the arcade and bowling.

I can't bowl due to an injury, so I went to go play some games. Except the "unlimited play" deal didn't include any of the skill games. Just games of chance. So none of the coin pushers, or like that balloon drop game.

View attachment 1649236

I am deadly at that thing, but it wasn't included. I thought that was pretty lame.

Nice! I can stick kick some ass on Galaga! :rofl:

Last edited:
My kids are in the same spot. Sucks.
They do have good jobs. Make more money
than I ever did. That shit’s relative though.
Costs so much to live these days.

They were cancelled for 3 years. The sky didn't fall.
The government forgave more in PPP loans than there would be in Student loan forgiveness.
And afterwards, community college should be free.

But nope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back