Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '22. 2700 pagez & 483k viewz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting hockey picture. I watch the finals in international olympics, but can't stand the bs in regular league. If they ever figure out that they are there to play hockey rather than fight, I might be back. In the meantime, I'm gone. :cheers:
That's a classic movie. They pretty much got rid of fighting in hockey like a decade ago, it's much more of an "international" style of play now. Lucky to get 1 fight per game anymore :crying:

I've worked on several different systems. Even the most simple systems have many failure points. The more complicated have to communicate with a few other systems. Miscommunication or faults in those systems can cause havoc.
When I was working on anything that came thru the door, I had a subscription to AllData to get troubleshooting and repair info.
I scored a few different mfg factory diag machines that paid for themselves the first time I used them.
There are some great aftermarket machines out there that can do some amazing things, but you must know what you're getting into or you can blow a ton of $$$$$!
One of the reasons I avoid systems like that is that even the experts can have a bitch of a time figuring things out when they stop working. The normal process seems to be just replacing components (at the owner's expense of course) until, maybe, the damn thing works again. It pisses me off to take a vehicle to the official service for the brand only to get days or weeks of runaround because even they can't stay on top of this stuff, and the vehicle owner ends up suffering the consequences. When is the last time the garage sent you home without a bill because they could not fix the thing?

Simple is good when you can manage with it.

I like the more aggressive style of play in the nhl,,, it satisfies my demented mind just like crashes in nascar do! :shrug: :rofl::headbang::headbang::headbang:
You are apparently not alone in that opinion, at least the NHL marketers think others agree. Different strokes. :pighug:

When is the last time the garage sent you home without a bill because they could not fix the thing?
Dropped my work truck off at a chain service place yesterday for an oil change before I gotta go back to work next week. It can only go to certain places for corporate bs reasons. Went today to pick it up, since can't do same day oil changes anymore due to low staff, and they couldn't change the oil :pop: Turns out they snapped the hood latch cable and couldn't figure out how to pop the latch :crying: So, no charge :crying:

Dropped my work truck off at a chain service place yesterday for an oil change before I gotta go back to work next week. It can only go to certain places for corporate bs reasons. Went today to pick it up, since can't do same day oil changes anymore due to low staff, and they couldn't change the oil :pop: Turns out they snapped the hood latch cable and couldn't figure out how to pop the latch :crying: So, no charge :crying:
awesome. Did they pay for a new cable? :pighug:

Good Morfnoevight All you happy stoners!

My IBS was raging yesterday so I was absent. I may catch up later?
Sorry to hear that you are dealing with that @Mañ'O'Green. Gut pain can be nasty. I experienced it for the first time not long ago when I had to take serious pain meds for a couple weeks due to a badly rotated sacroileac. I ended up in emergency due to the abdominal pain caused by the constipation. It was a whole new concept of constipation I'll tell you. Lack of sleep would be an understatement. For many days I spent more time laying awake in bed literally shaking with the pain than I did asleep .

Good luck with it mate, I feel for you. At least my issue was temporary, but IBS usually isn't. :pighug:

Nope. And the company that handles the fleet vehicle stuff wouldn't approve paying for a new one since it's the end of the year budget restrictions. They want me to deal with it in January :doh:
Oh that is real smart. You cannot check anything under the hood (which is illegal to drive commercially), it not only puts the truck in danger, It puts you in danger as well. I would not drive it.

Interesting hockey picture. I watch the finals in international olympics, but can't stand the bs in regular league. If they ever figure out that they are there to play hockey rather than fight, I might be back. In the meantime, I'm gone. :cheers:
Remember the year (mid 70s) the Russians came to play against the NHL they came up against the flyers. It was one rough game and they almost didn't come back out on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back