Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '22. 2700 pagez & 483k viewz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know what kind of jeep you got but this article says it should only be about $200 in labor to change the compressor and a decent diy mechanic should be able to do it :shrug:

yup I think that’s it 2018 grand Cherokee trail hawk.. It has all the bells and whistles… more then we wanted but it had the towing capacity when needed because of the air suspension :wall::joy: I have to sit down tonight and research more the mechanic told her the system needed to be charged :shrug:Plus I assume with a stored code and being a new compressor… I’d have to have it hooked up to computer at some point during repairs
Personally, I would consider the weather conditions, when it started acting up. Only in freezing weather? Do the issues go away once the Jeep is warm? Does the compressor sound different than normal. Does the suspension perform normally once warm?

just trying to help brainstorm:pass:
Yup it does it both but more frequent when it’s freezing from what she says… I don’t notice any abnormal sounds but when the light is on and it’s acting up it doesn’t operate properly…

All good buddy thank you not sure what we’re going to do.. she had a shitty day on top of that… So she’s done taking about it.. we will come back to it another time
:lol:

An early Happy New Years to the AFN Fam!!!

Hopin on a plane in a few to NYC for some hippy shows and drunken/psychedelic debauchery! Phish tonight, Gov't Mule tomorrow night, and Phish on New Years.

@JP1, will hit ya up if I get some time, but shit is already getting sideways. Too many stoners involved!
You're flying into the city? Isn't it only like a 6 hour drive or something like that for you? Check out stoned pizza while you're in town

It doesn't matter the brand or type machine had the same issues at john deere dealership...

Definetly possibility and a thought of mine... I questioned her many times on the phone.. We haven't done anything yet but need to decided what were going to do... the biggest issue is SHE took it to dealer and talked to them I am playing middle man right now :wall: I agree with everyone of you:biggrin::d5::vibe:

I thought from what I researched that this system wasn't the same as the ram trucks that were known for issue's in the cold but I guess not
I just dropped 2.5 K on my M8 114 cu in Harley that 2xs I brought to the dealership (still under warranty) cause on cold start it was losing prime on the oil pump (5th revesion of that pump). It would chatter so loud at start up my wife, friends (with their bikes running already) and Mechanic all said that's way wrong.
I bring it to the dealership the list of excuses was like a used car salesman.
They all do that..
Your lugging the engine and building up carbon on the pistons (that one after 2K miles down to NC lots of highway at 80 mph)...
Harley machines them loose so they run better ...
Everyone knows you can't put synthetic oil in a Harley....
I can't hear anything and neither can any of my mechanics...

Then they tried to sell me an extended warranty hahahaha

The warranty ended I'll be damned if I'm paying more for an extended warranty that's worthless so I put in an S&S pump, lifters, cam plate, cam follower , lifters and putts principle new cam bearings . At least S&S knows how to build parts solid.

It's quiet as a church mouse now (at least till I hit the throttle)

:nono:No thank you I already wish I was 20 again:crying: at 38:biggrin::pighug:
IDK 20??? I'd do 30 in a heart beat, less drama, you know what you want your more settled, you can still party till dawn and out drink the best of them. Nothing hurts. All your friends still hang out, drink/smoke/trip like fish and ride all day.
And if you drink on a week night all you had to do was buckle up your big boy pants till lunch the next day and you were good to go all over again.
Nowaday I don't bounce back like I used to. Not for lack of trying mind you lol

I just dropped 2.5 K on my M8 114 cu in Harley that 2xs I brought to the dealership (still under warranty) cause on cold start it was losing prime on the oil pump (5th revesion of that pump). It would chatter so loud at start up my wife, friends (with their bikes running already) and Mechanic all said that's way wrong.
I bring it to the dealership the list of excuses was like a used car salesman.

Man, much as I see shit talked on harley these days, I may end up just goin with a Honda Fury this spring. Seen nothing but shit about newer Harleys the last few years.

I had to have my engine rebuilt on my 13 Silverado in 19 it’s bullshit. Bought my wife a 20 Honda Accord 37k with warranty. More than my first house in 88. Damn passenger sun visor fell off other day. :shrug:

Man, much as I see shit talked on harley these days, I may end up just goin with a Honda Fury this spring. Seen nothing but shit about newer Harleys the last few years.
You know once they ditched the trouble heads those Evos were good engines.
The twin cams had the cam tensioner issues that they straightened out on the later years.
I thought the M8 motors had been out long enough they worked out the kinks. Oh well..
If you like the Fury run with it! It's light , fast a good size engine for that weight, it definitely has that old school chopper feel. Plus Honda builds an engine where at 30K miles your not thinking I wonder if I need a new top end lol
I love my Harleys (ya I had to replace the can tensioners in my 99 wide glide at 20K miles on my dime) but still that Twinkies a good motor.
Im a local Rep for the MMA (mass motorcycle association) and a road captain for our riding group. Which is only to say do my share of riding and attending events not to blow my horn.
And I say to anyone who wants to listen ride what you like and like what you ride. As long as your heads in the wind who gives a shit really.
You can get that fury for a fantastic prices new. And it's the winter. Go down the dealership. Kick the tires let them think your a sure sale then walk away when they don't come down. They're probably hungry for sales right now. Do that a few times see if they don't sweeten the deal lol.
Come the spring it's like boats its a seller's market.

Ohh and if you do and your anywhere no near mass come out to the fall round up great 4 day party camp site bands and all 40 bucks.
And if your near NY (Mariaville) come out to Harley Rondezvous (no gives a shit if you pull up on a fury). Now that's 1 insane party and come Sunday your one seriously hurting unit hahaha. If you go to either tell me we can catch up!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back