Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '22. 2700 pagez & 483k viewz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morfnoevight all you happy stoners.

Got 1.49 inches of rain from the first storm this week 2 or 3 more storms following this one with the next one tomorrow.

Hmmm...mmm......View attachment 1550587.....

I'd Go with the tent....and see if I could scrounge a pair of hair straighteners to Try it cheap/low tech first....... :pass:

If I din't have much bud stash I'd be worried about experienting with it....But.............I'm a Wuss..........:biggrin:
Hair straighteners are a waste of time and product. I was lucky to get 2% return with them. Don't waste your time, money or bud on hair straighteners.

Interesting, but expensive.

ScreenHunter_273 Aug. 08 20.51.jpg

Hey guys. Got an interesting question. How much can photos stretch during flower. Is there any rough ratio.

Im asking because one of my girls is pushing the halfway point right now. She only has 28 more inches till her tallest branches will be touching my light and its only been 11 days since I went 12/12

I know its probably very genetic dependant, just wanna know if theres a way to estimate without having grown it before
If you don't know how you will need to learn how to super-crop. :rofl: The last Photos I ran tripled in size after the flip!

Yea the watering is bothering me, I give them a 1 1/2 liter watering every 48 hours, and the pots are bone dry. I am going to switch to watering every day for a week and see what happens.
OMG you have not learned how to water yet. Plants don't drink on your schedule and they certainly don't order water by the liter. :rofl:

What you need to learn about watering will come with practice. Here are the basic rules: Never let the soil dry out. Soil and or coco can become hydrophobic if allowed to dry. This means it repels water. This in turn will create dry pockets in the soil and the roots and microbes will die there. If your soil - coco have accidentally dried out use a surfactant to help re-wet it. I like yucca powder. Don't let soil remain soggy by watering too much too often. Root rot, damping off, molds, fungus gnats and other problems start in soggy soil. When you do water water the entire pot. How to learn when to water starts before you plant the seed. Fill your container with fresh soil/coco and weigh it (heft it) this is the lightest weight and consider it a dry pot. Now slowly water until the soil/coco will no longer absorb the water and run-off begins; weigh the pot (heft it) this is the maximum water, the wettest the pot can get. The difference between wettest and driest is the maximum water weight, for ease of explanation lets just say the water weighs 20 pounds. When the pot loses 10 pounds (half of the water weight) it is time to water again. Slowly wet ALL of the soil until run-off begins. There is an art to watering.

@EarthChild84 :welcome:Welcome to AFN:welcome:. You are still 3 - 6 weeks out from harvest. You should back off on the nutrients by 20%. The "Tip Burn" is from feeding too much. Overall your plants look excellent.

Yea the watering is bothering me, I give them a 1 1/2 liter watering every 48 hours, and the pots are bone dry. I am going to switch to watering every day for a week and see what happens.
Buildasoil has these sweet looking soil moisture meters 15% off this week with code END22
Screenshot_20221228-183023.png

Last edited:
A friend of mine had a plant given to him. The plant had been germinated near the side of the pot, and was trained all the way around the perimeter until the top got back to the germination point before growing vertically. It made for an interesting plant.

I don't think he got any bud off it though, photos outdoors don't work well up here. I think the original grower manages to get a bit of bud between mold patches by keeping them in cold frames, but my friend was not set up for that. Even autos are tough to finish outdoors here. Except for a guy like @trailanimal, who could probably start a farm on a glacier and make it work. :pighug: :biggrin:
Cheers grobro. The other day someone referred to me as a 'legend'. I'm starting to see myself as the gardener in a graphic novel. :pass:

Well, thanks to @420autoflower I think I got my next light upgrade figured out and for about the same cost as my TS1000's. Might be a couple months though as I still gotta tear down the bitch and see what it's gonna take to get her up and running. But at least I got a goal now.

Good Morfnoevight all you happy stoners.

Got 1.49 inches of rain from the first storm this week 2 or 3 more storms following this one with the next one tomorrow.

Hair straighteners are a waste of time and product. I was lucky to get 2% return with them. Don't waste your time, money or bud on hair straighteners.

View attachment 1550759

If you don't know how you will need to learn how to super-crop. :rofl: The last Photos I ran tripled in size after the flip!

OMG you have not learned how to water yet. Plants don't drink on your schedule and they certainly don't order water by the liter. :rofl:

What you need to learn about watering will come with practice. Here are the basic rules: Never let the soil dry out. Soil and or coco can become hydrophobic if allowed to dry. This means it repels water. This in turn will create dry pockets in the soil and the roots and microbes will die there. If your soil - coco have accidentally dried out use a surfactant to help re-wet it. I like yucca powder. Don't let soil remain soggy by watering too much too often. Root rot, damping off, molds, fungus gnats and other problems start in soggy soil. When you do water water the entire pot. How to learn when to water starts before you plant the seed. Fill your container with fresh soil/coco and weigh it (heft it) this is the lightest weight and consider it a dry pot. Now slowly water until the soil/coco will no longer absorb the water and run-off begins; weigh the pot (heft it) this is the maximum water, the wettest the pot can get. The difference between wettest and driest is the maximum water weight, for ease of explanation lets just say the water weighs 20 pounds. When the pot loses 10 pounds (half of the water weight) it is time to water again. Slowly wet ALL of the soil until run-off begins. There is an art to watering.

@EarthChild84 :welcome:Welcome to AFN:welcome:. You are still 3 - 6 weeks out from harvest. You should back off on the nutrients by 20%. The "Tip Burn" is from feeding too much. Overall your plants look excellent.
Very interesting

I just have a confusing plant right now, she droops all the time, more water dont help, less water dont help. Thats why I threw in the idea of maybe its my lighting. And her tops are twisted.

20221228_085824.jpg

I just have a confusing plant right now, she droops all the time, more water dont help, less water dont help. Thats why I threw in the idea of maybe its my lighting. And her tops are twisted.

View attachment 1550770
IMO, she is happy as a pig in shit. My Seedsman Strawberry Cheesecake Auto had leaves just like that, and I chased the thing for most of the grow. Methinks it is just an odd corner of the genetics, I would stop worrying about it. If you keep your nutes and pH sorted, she will be beautiful. You may do more harm than good trying to defeat that leaf behaviour.

Good luck with it, whatever you decide to do. :pighug::goodluck:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back