Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '22. 2700 pagez & 483k viewz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey out of curiosity I usually use FFHF with good results. However I do notice it often comes with fungus gnats. Sometimes so bad they come flying out as I open the bag.
I'm considering switching mediums. Biobizz is not available in my local grow shop. They carry but at the moment are unable to source promix HP or BX.
They do however carry the HP -CC.
Is that asking for trouble using peat with cococoir? Would you treat it like a straight peat mix?
Any other recommendations for soil?
Yellow stickies are a must with FF soils. Even have them placed this grow although I cooked it hard. No gnats yet but caught a few house flies that made it in.

I've heard that about FFHF. I've also heard that about Roots Organic, after I started using it. Never got them from the bag. I got them once from an open bag of cheap ass compost. The best way I have avoided them is to have a living soil with good bugs in my Earthboxes. It comes from FRESH EWC from my own worms or a quality EWC. This last run, I got a bag of EWC from Build A Soil and top dressed with it at the set up. LOTS of good life in it, but it's not very cost-effective. Your own is best.
After my shower, I gotta examine the roots of the girls I just chopped. It will go back into a tote, broken up and mixed and re-amend and left to cook a bit. Will probably mix up Some Recharge and spray it too. That might help break stuff down better, but the colder temps may slow it quite a bit and I'm not doing it inside.
For my outdoor grows I always remove about 1/3 of the existing soil and replace it with my own compost from my composters then amend with perlite, greensand and kelp.
Indoors I've just started amending by top dressing with EWC and my plants seemed to live this. I never knew it helps with gnats that's great! I'm seriously kicking around the idea of ordering red wigglers? And starting a small EW
farm

Yep that looks like the organic blend and in that image it seems like the npk is listed at the bottom of the bag 0.5 0.34 0.12
I was worried about the 5 -2- 4 in the lobster blend being too hot for seedlings
Cool thanks!!
Your gonna want the growers mix I think the other you are talking about are compost where the growers mix is a TLS soil with all the good stuff in it already

7fb196c2-2d52-4e1e-9608-8c55925d57d3.jpeg

Your gonna want the growers mix I think the other you are talking about are compost where the growers mix is a TLS soil with all the good stuff in it already

Do you start seeds in that mix, or do you transplant?

Do you start seeds in that mix, or do you transplant?
I have it works but have switched to using their seed starter sprout island mix to start and I have done that both ways transplanting from solo to larger pot or just putting fist full of the seed starter in the middle of the pot growers mix all with good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back