Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '22. 2700 pagez & 483k viewz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha...about the Only thing worth getting out of bed for in the UK today........ :pass:

Blizzard coming for wisconsin. We are right on the cusp of where it changes from snow to rain....id rather deal with either not both

99% of engines will run better with premium, it goes through a more rigorous process, less microparticulates. Better on fuel filters gas mileage and engine wear
Well, not really. It's very wasteful using Premium fuel in a vehicle that doesn't require it. Premium fuel actually contains less btu's per gallon than regular. A car, designed and tuned for regular fuel, will get poorer fuel mileage when burning Premium. Lower compression and less aggressive timing, can't take advantage of higher octane. In most gasoline fuels today, the biggest difference is in the additive package.
It's a very common misconception.

I've researched that and I always add Silica Blast first! I've heard there is a better product, but I bought a gallon and I've had it for a couple years now, (and it's still half full). I had just found my water report online and I've been checking it out for the last few. :pass:
Yes, I just found it! Not sure how to read it, but it does say chlorine. Here's a link! https://acwdky.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/2021-CCR-Allen-Co.pdf

I had never heard of calibration fluid for a TDS meter. I always thought you checked it with distilled water. :shrug: Anyways, thanks for the well wishes! :pass:
Nope, distilled water is not helpful. Even worse with pH meters. Just get some ppm calibration fluid, your local garden center may even have it.

You gonna want to make sure that works with your tds meter... I use the apera stuff that the meter is set to read I wouldn't be able to use that with mine... you may need a specific tds solution... And for that price you might just buy another cheap meter that comes calibrated then compare to the reading on yours..... I have a cheapy that I don't know how to calibrate it it reads about 100 ppm lower then my apera.. I couldn't figure out how to calibrate so I upgraded:thumbsup:
The cheapest ones don't calibrate, but some of the not quite cheapest ones do. You don't need special fluid, but I recommend testing a solution close-ish to the EC/ppm you intend to use, especially with the cheapest grade of meters. I do it at 1000EC (500ppm). To make that solution, I add 100 mls of 2000EC solution to 100mls of distilled water. I diluted because that was the only stuff available locally at the time, but pre-prepared stuff at anything around 1000EC/500ppm or a bit stronger would do fine.

@Need4Weed, I doubt that you need a meter, but there is nothing wrong with the one you mentioned. It looks the same as the one I now use, and if it is, it can be calibrated. However, just checking the one you have would be a good plan. You need to have the calibration fluid around anyway, so you might as well start with it and see if the meter is ok. OTOH, a spare doesn't hurt. :goodluck: :goodluck:

Well, not really. It's very wasteful using Premium fuel in a vehicle that doesn't require it. Premium fuel actually contains less btu's per gallon than regular. A car, designed and tuned for regular fuel, will get poorer fuel mileage when burning Premium. Lower compression and less aggressive timing, can't take advantage of higher octane. In most gasoline fuels today, the biggest difference is in the additive package.
It's a very common misconception.
One additional detail, perhaps, is that premium might help a truck being used for heavier loads than what it usually pulls. I have noticed on a couple of my Tacomas that the minor hint of pinging that sometimes happens when climbing while pulling our travel trailer is detectable with regular, but disappears with premium. My wife figures better mileage with the trailer too, but I am not convinced and haven't done careful enough comparisons (which as you know are not simple to do accurately). :pighug:

Finally checked on my Twenty20 Mendocino Ogreberry 2B girl... She's beginning to fade, and her purple highlights are showing. She's getting close.

Screenshot_20221210-195512~2.png

Screenshot_20221210-195149~2.png

:pass:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back