Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '22. 2700 pagez & 483k viewz

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just had to get a upper quadrant ultrasound...my hands , legs, and feet been swelling up....I'm hoping everything is OK....I'm waiting on results from doc.....I just had covid but since then it's been worse....
Covid messes with everything, so it may have made whatever is going on worse. I think most peeps with symptoms that hang on get over them eventually, but long covid is variable, and can be hard. Good luck with it mate, I hope the trend improves for you soon. :biggrin:
Honestly, one of the reasons I got out the habit of checking was it had only drifted between 115 & 220 all the times I checked. :shrug: Can't deny the fact that I've been using a cheap Amazon tester that cost around $7, so it very well could be the meter! :hump::pass:
It is unlikely that your cheap meter is the problem. In any case, you can buy some calibration fluid that will allow you to check it. If it ain't perfect, just correct the reading by adding or subtracting accordingly.

PPM/EC meters are simple devices with not a lot to screw up, unlike pH meters which are a bad idea to buy cheap. Good luck with it. :goodluck:

Covid messes with everything, so it may have made whatever is going on worse. I think most peeps with symptoms that hang on get over them eventually, but long covid is variable, and can be hard. Good luck with it mate, I hope the trend improves for you soon. :biggrin:
Its true, Im still reeling from covid and I had it early november. I just dont feel the same anymore. And it hasnt gotten any better. Body aches chest pains and stuff. Plus my lungs are ultra sensitive. I have to take tiny puffs or I die coughing.

Water company should be able to give you a report. Add your silica well before all your other stuff and keep an eye on pH. I've only messed with TPS silica and it's crazy unstable
I've researched that and I always add Silica Blast first! I've heard there is a better product, but I bought a gallon and I've had it for a couple years now, (and it's still half full). I had just found my water report online and I've been checking it out for the last few. :pass:
Can u not get a copy of your city’s water report online?
Yes, I just found it! Not sure how to read it, but it does say chlorine. Here's a link! https://acwdky.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/2021-CCR-Allen-Co.pdf
It is unlikely that your cheap meter is the problem. In any case, you can buy some calibration fluid that will allow you to check it. If it ain't perfect, just correct the reading by adding or subtracting accordingly.

PPM/EC meters are simple devices with not a lot to screw up, unlike pH meters which are a bad idea to buy cheap. Good luck with it. :goodluck:
I had never heard of calibration fluid for a TDS meter. I always thought you checked it with distilled water. :shrug: Anyways, thanks for the well wishes! :pass:

Btw, If I can say one thing about Silica Blast is that since I've been using it, I haven't needed any added support. Stalks and stems are much thicker now and I've grown 1/2 oz cured buds that didn't need support. Before then, I was always using bamboo, wire & strings to keep all the buds from being floppy, (and not 1/2 the size)! :pass:

I had never heard of calibration fluid for a TDS meter. I always thought you checked it with distilled water. :shrug: Anyways, thanks for the well wishes! :pass:
What olderfart said is exactly true from what I know....Now I believe the cheap meters my not be able to calibrate and checking ppm of low ppm water in not very accurate... I calibrate my apera ec60 before each grow 3 points low, medium, and high which in running coco IMO it's kind of important cause coco is hydroponics with a twist :thumbsup:

"Most EC meters do not read accurately below 50 PPM and RO will be <10 PPM when the membranes are good. So you cannot read the EC until it is over the threshold for your meter. PH on the other-hand should be accurate on any calibrated meter when sampling RO Water."

I've researched that and I always add Silica Blast first! I've heard there is a better product, but I bought a gallon and I've had it for a couple years now, (and it's still half full). I had just found my water report online and I've been checking it out for the last few. :pass:
Yes, I just found it! Not sure how to read it, but it does say chlorine. Here's a link! https://acwdky.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/2021-CCR-Allen-Co.pdf

That's kinda an old report but seems to be missing some key info like total ppm, pH and even calcium and magnesium levels. Not missing a page? Anyway, @Mañ'O'Green is the test results and science stuff guru...
Powersi seems to be pretty popular for silica. Never used it but supposedly good stuff. Ill be giving this silica stuff a try soon
PXL_20221211_040940631.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back