Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '22. 2700 pagez & 483k viewz

Status
Not open for further replies.
I let you know when i find out/use it :d5::vibe: But speaking of ph something on my mind that can't completely figure is can I add ph up after adding ph down not in the same day but days later if ph starts to drop can I raise it back up? I would think yes cause how would dosing pumps works otherwise and what i can find people say it is ok as long as it not the same day and not an excessive amount
I would guess it's probably fine, bottles don't say anything about even using them together. But I don't really ever use the up unless it's time to change the rez. The up is way stronger then the down. I'd bet you could probably use silica instead of pH up and it would raise the pH and give a boost at the same time

Got my prize sample pack for the pumpkin smash from tony @GreenLifeBiotics Thank you so much for sponsoring this event :thanks::worship: We had been chatting in pm and he asked if I wanted to try this new stuff instead should be easier he says all the same stuff in one bottle :cooldance: :pass:

IMG_1400.JPG

tenor.gif

I would guess it's probably fine, bottles don't say anything about even using them together. But I don't really ever use the up unless it's time to change the rez. The up is way stronger then the down. I'd bet you could probably use silica instead of pH up and it would raise the pH and give a boost at the same time
Well ya know it only does it me when I try to not adding bennies ie: silica kelp humic aminos all that jazz… I am trying not use them as much just once a week and just top off the rez with new parts a and b… with the bennies in the rez ph is stable :shrug: pretty sure MOG doesn’t add bennies though the week just once a week

You know you could be right since I only started Cal/Mag+ @ 2 ml per gallon, before I went up to 5 ml right after it happened. I thought maybe I had the lights too close, (3x AutoCobs that I thought were @ 30 in turned out to be @ 28, so I moved them to 32). My cheap light app is reading at 400 ppfds right now. Btw, medium is coco/perlite wth MegaCrop nutes. Here's a pic a couple days after it happened from this past Saturday. :pass:
U need ppm meter and def need to figure out how much is needed of that calmag to get u to 100ppm if I remember correctly! Think its like 50ppm of each if I remember what @Mañ'O'Green told me (but its highly likely i am not remembering right) so he should correct me after this post if i am wrong! ;) :rofl:

but can you add the silica in concentrated form to a nute solution that is already mixed... Normally it is the first thing put into a batch of nutes.

The issue of how an already prepared batch of nutes can be altered is interesting. I have added stuff out of order without apparent precipitate a few times, but I predilute first before adding, which can make for some interesting arithmetic. On occasion I have just tossed the stuff that isn't right rather than fiddle with it. Not too painful with Jack's, but it would hurt with some of the high priced stuff. :pighug:

Well ya know it only does it me when I try to not adding bennies ie: silica kelp humic aminos all that jazz… I am trying not use them as much just once a week and just top off the rez with new parts a and b… with the bennies in the rez ph is stable :shrug: pretty sure MOG doesn’t add bennies though the week just once a week
Its fine bro! I used to use vinegar as ph down and if i used too much i would add ph up to get me back up! Lots of the times it was baking soda i used as up but same principal! Fun part would then be using too much baking soda and needing more vinegar! :doh::rofl:

My batch went moldy on me while I was trying to do that. I may end up tossing it, which would be a sad waste of SSSC Auto Ellephant, but I am a bit nervous about using the stuff even after I cleaned the gummies up and remelted them. The stuff is still in the fridge in a lump while I think about it.

Anyway, my experience suggests that sometimes you can't fix loose texture by drying them, at least not at room temperature. I did read somewhere that some peeps dry them in the fridge to avoid mold, and that might be the best plan. The next batch I make will be a fair bit heavier on the gelatin. It may be easier to remelt and add liquid than dry gummies that aren't stiff enough. Dunno, but I will eventually find out.

Good luck with it. :goodluck:
The wife freezes ours right after they’re done and half way dry… I can’t stand them hot it’s like a slimy booger:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: She keeps the majority in the freezer and just takes out enough for a few days and keep those in the fridge cause they do go bad

I let you know when i find out/use it :d5::vibe: But speaking of ph something on my mind that can't completely figure is can I add ph up after adding ph down not in the same day but days later if ph starts to drop can I raise it back up? I would think yes cause how would dosing pumps works otherwise and what i can find people say it is ok as long as it not the same day and not an excessive amount
I've used both on the same day quite a few times without obvious problems, so you can get away with it. I have also tossed stuff that got too far out of whack trying to do that. I'd be interested to know why doing it later would make a difference. Bottom line is that if there is excess acid, it will be neutralized by the base, and the result will be some dissolved salts added. If you overdid this back and forth enough it would bugger up your EC, and if you didn't notice that, you might stress the plants without knowing about it. At least I think that is the picture. :biggrin: If it ain't someone more up on this mischief can correct my blather.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back