Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '22. 2700 pagez & 483k viewz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the rep @Dale's Proper Bud, hit me up any time if more details of what I did would help.

One detail that might be relevant is that oxygen is needed for the conversion of THC, and this may mean that decarbing dried flower in a filled vessel like the Ardent might be less effective than what I did. When I decarbed the rosin, it was in an open silicone loaf pan, maybe half a cm deep, and in a good sized oven, so very exposed to oxygen. That could prove to be a very different environment than an Ardent stuffed full of dry flower. If I was trying this with flower, I would lay the flower out in a single layer rather than fill a container tight, but that gets us back to the smell problem. My setup is different because I do the decarb in a large pressure cooker that I have converted into a decarb/infusion/still machine. With the top on, there is little smell, and I do the deed in the shop in the basement anyway, so no biggie.

Good luck with it, I hope you make some great meds. :pighug:

night every
Thanks for the rep @Dale's Proper Bud, hit me up any time if more details of what I did would help.

One detail that might be relevant is that oxygen is needed for the conversion of THC, and this may mean that decarbing dried flower in a filled vessel like the Ardent might be less effective than what I did. When I decarbed the rosin, it was in an open silicone loaf pan, maybe half a cm deep, and in a good sized oven, so very exposed to oxygen. That could prove to be a very different environment than an Ardent stuffed full of dry flower. If I was trying this with flower, I would lay the flower out in a single layer rather than fill a container tight, but that gets us back to the smell problem. My setup is different because I do the decarb in a large pressure cooker that I have converted into a decarb/infusion/still machine. With the top on, there is little smell, and I do the deed in the shop in the basement anyway, so no biggie.

Good luck with it, I hope you make some great meds. :pighug:
welcome I'm too stoned to soak it all right now but need to come back to it later thank you :d5::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

I love some opera, but doubt that I would enjoy sitting through a whole one. Too much down time focusing on story, I am only interested in the music. In fact, it is a good thing that it isn't usually in English, I am better off not knowing what the words mean. Not much of an opera buff really, there is just some of the individual performances that I love all on their own for the quality of the music and voice. Ombra Mai Fu performed by Yussi Bjorling is the best example of what I like most. Maybe one of the best tenor performances ever. :biggrin:
Opera is pretty dope live. I have no idea what's going on but it's like a sensory experience in person. Plus there's at least 1 smoke and snack break built into the show :smoker1:

Opera is pretty dope live. I have no idea what's going on but it's like a sensory experience in person. Plus there's at least 1 smoke and snack break built into the show :smoker1:
Intermissions are nice for a leg stretch. Wish they did that for movies that are 3+ hours. I consider opera like trans siberian orchestra. Yes great to listen to but way better to be there.

If you are looking for sleep meds, I ran into some information recently that seems applicable. One of the gummy recipe searches I did came up with a recommendation of really long decarb time to convert part of the THC to CBN, the latter being suspected to have sedative effect, and perhaps the reason for increasing sleep effect with longer maturity of the bud. Old or poorly stored bud reputedly gains sleep effect for the same reason, exposure of the THC to oxygen and time. Temperature and light reportedly help too.

Anyway, the recommended decarb time to generate CBN was ~~4 times the length other research indicates would result in peak THC, and that is what I did with the last batch of rosin I decarbed for my MCT sleep tincture. I am pretty sure it worked well, that stuff works better than anything yet. 2 mls when I hit the sack, and I am out for 6 or 7 hours, often without waking up once, or if I do, not for long. First time in I have no idea how long that I have not migrated to the pisser sometime during the night.

I recommend trying it. Whatever temp and time you use for decarb, quadruple the time, and if you want to push, add light. When I did my last batch, I put a UVA bulb in the oven with the rosin to help the reaction. No idea whether it helped, but my understanding is that light helps move the chemistry, so UV is likely good.

If you try it, or run into other applicable information, I'd love to hear about it. A small test batch might be a good plan. I would hate for my suggestion to result in results you don't like.
:biggrin:
:pighug: :goodluck:
Link? I got the day off tomorrow and probably gonna make some butter... Prefer my edibles for daytime use but could always use some help sleeping

different strokes eh? all good though to each his or her own. :pighug:

Try going on 25 drops of L. You'll develop a whole new respect for opera. One of the most intense evenings. Just don't wear a jacket with a herrring bone pattern. Shit freaked me out! and thus the couple sitting next to me too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back