Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '22. 2700 pagez & 483k viewz

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a miata for cheap just for that reason...fun lil go cart I could barely fit into. Lady I knew had 4 mechanics try and get it running and had paid them, wanted 1000 for it and gave her the option of me trying to fix it for 100.....nope, done with it, tow it away, took me all of 5 minutes to bend the clutch pedal back where it was supposed to be and I drove it home.
There is no accounting for mechanical stupidity of some people. A used sailboat I bought had engine overheating issues. The diesel would work perfectly, up to a point, but at high power output, it would overheat. Two previous owners had complained about it, but if they did anything about it, it didn't work. They just chose not to operate at high power output.

Turned out that some genius had installed a bronze 90 degree elbow in the cooling water circuit. It looked perfectly fine, but when I tore the entire circuit apart chasing the problem, it turned out to be one of those fittings with a series of smaller diameters on one side of the elbow, the idea being to have the option of adapting to a smaller hose but to otherwise cut the narrow diameter stuff off to the larger bore size if used with larger hose. The genius had installed the elbow into a 3/4" coolant hose, but left the bloody small diameter extensions on the elbow instead of cutting them off to accommodate flow through the larger hose. As a consequence, the diesel was being cooled by raw water being pumped through a <1/4" diameter hole. For two owners, and at least 10 years that damn fitting had been in there. Trouble was, the small diameter extension was invisible inside the coolant hose. The engine never overheated again once the fitting was replaced. WTF was the original person thinking eh? :biggrin:

Good morning my friend :pass: just chilling around the house today…..Although I’ve got to go get water at some point. What about you?
Where u get water from?
I been digging for 6 days straight and as a result my rooms a mess cuz im too tired to do anything. I should clean but idk im also thinking sleep and mushrooms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back