Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '22. 2700 pagez & 483k viewz

Status
Not open for further replies.
How high have you turned the Diablo up?
3 or 4 notches from fully on! :rofl:
Damn BEAST of a light!
Knows Candy is seeing about 920! The rest are seeing 800s. It is standard height Gorilla without the extension. and the light is at the max height with the hangers supplied. I could raise it higher if I hang each corner individually, but too much work and they are getting what they need at this level of power. I probably need to put a meter to it and see what power it's drawing and document it. I've done it before at an earlier stage.
I'm running the 2x4 at the same ppfd.. The girls in there are just now beginning to show slight signs of fade with a slight hue changes in color in top buds.

This is the first run with the CaliLightWorks by itself. I didn't expect much from that light at 165w(need to hook up the meter), but it is really surprising me. Purple Kong, while pretty thin in stem structure, a departure from the last one grown,, she is making some quality bud. All the tops are getting very hard and the lowers are coming along very satisfactory. The buds are greasy AF and the girl's color is perfect. With the thin structure, she's splayed out over most of the tent. I thought about supporting the branches and raising them up some, and may have to resort to that, but with it's small footprint, it's gathering all the light she can.

3 or 4 notches from fully on! :rofl:
Damn BEAST of a light!
Knows Candy is seeing about 920! The rest are seeing 800s. It is standard height Gorilla without the extension. and the light is at the max height with the hangers supplied. I could raise it higher if I hang each corner individually, but too much work and they are getting what they need at this level of power. I probably need to put a meter to it and see what power it's drawing and document it. I've done it before at an earlier stage.
I'm running the 2x4 at the same ppfd.. The girls in there are just now beginning to show slight signs of fade with a slight hue changes in color in top buds.

This is the first run with the CaliLightWorks by itself. I didn't expect much from that light at 165w(need to hook up the meter), but it is really surprising me. Purple Kong, while pretty thin in stem structure, a departure from the last one grown,, she is making some quality bud. All the tops are getting very hard and the lowers are coming along very satisfactory. The buds are greasy AF and the girl's color is perfect. With the thin structure, she's splayed out over most of the tent. I thought about supporting the branches and raising them up some, and may have to resort to that, but with it's small footprint, it's gathering all the light she can.
I went ahead and used four hangers. Not because I want the extra space, but because if one fails, the other three will catch the light…..instead of with two, the light would swing and contact the tent and become a fire hazard. :pass: It’s a beastly light for sure….I only have it at 40% and it’s right on the edge of being too much at this stage. Next grow I’ll keep it lower, longer in the beginning..

Duder ain’t even out of bed yet :face::rofl:
533E1B56-58E9-4A86-B100-9E3ABD96350E.jpeg

There is no accounting for mechanical stupidity of some people. A used sailboat I bought had engine overheating issues. The diesel would work perfectly, up to a point, but at high power output, it would overheat. Two previous owners had complained about it, but if they did anything about it, it didn't work. They just chose not to operate at high power output.

Turned out that some genius had installed a bronze 90 degree elbow in the cooling water circuit. It looked perfectly fine, but when I tore the entire circuit apart chasing the problem, it turned out to be one of those fittings with a series of smaller diameters on one side of the elbow, the idea being to have the option of adapting to a smaller hose but to otherwise cut the narrow diameter stuff off to the larger bore size if used with larger hose. The genius had installed the elbow into a 3/4" coolant hose, but left the bloody small diameter extensions on the elbow instead of cutting them off to accommodate flow through the larger hose. As a consequence, the diesel was being cooled by raw water being pumped through a <1/4" diameter hole. For two owners, and at least 10 years that damn fitting had been in there. Trouble was, the small diameter extension was invisible inside the coolant hose. The engine never overheated again once the fitting was replaced. WTF was the original person thinking eh? :biggrin:
A FINE example of "But that's how we've always done it" stupidity. If I had a dollar every time I've heard that stupidity when I've told people they have a problem or a code violation, I could build a dream grow room in my shop!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back