Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '22. 2700 pagez & 483k viewz

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've noticed that a lot of the youth i deal with aren't interested in learning a trade, or in higher education. They don't learn basic skills in school any more. I guess I shouldn't talk though, I didn't graduate college 'til I was nearly 40.
Employment without skills is disappearing everywhere due to automation, and many skilled jobs will disappear before long due to AI and/or automation. The imminent new normal in "western" economies will include many people who are unemployed, and unemployable, even among highly trained and educated individuals. What to do with them is one of the most pressing problems of our age, and is rapidly becoming more serious. This is already having huge influence on our politics, but we are not allowed to discuss that little detail. :biggrin:

AA while back. I had a peek at a YouTube video of the inside of a factory producing high end automotive engines for hot cars. These are engines constructed to tolerances once thought unachievable at scale. The entire assembly line was a series of robots, there was not a machinist or assembly person visible anywhere. The entire operation was managed by a handful of operators sitting at computer stations. This is the new look for manufacturing, and the trend in this direction will apply to most professions. :pighug:

@WildBill thanks for the reps.!

316265173_708703000614653_8394719018071442872_n.jpg

Employment without skills is disappearing everywhere due to automation, and many skilled jobs will disappear before long due to AI and/or automation. The imminent new normal in "western" economies will include many people who are unemployed, and unemployable, even among highly trained and educated individuals. What to do with them is one of the most pressing problems of our age, and is rapidly becoming more serious. This is already having huge influence on our politics, but we are not allowed to discuss that little detail. :biggrin:

AA while back. I had a peek at a YouTube video of the inside of a factory producing high end automotive engines for hot cars. These are engines constructed to tolerances once thought unachievable at scale. The entire assembly line was a series of robots, there was not a machinist or assembly person visible anywhere. The entire operation was managed by a handful of operators sitting at computer stations. This is the new look for manufacturing, and the trend in this direction will apply to most professions. :pighug:
I agree. I read that scientists claim the planet has enough resources to continually sustain a population of 1.9 billion, that's a 1927 number in historical aspects.

The machines that make Ferraris are pretty cool

He only does photos. Only been selling seeds relatively recently. His clones go for big $

He's pretty annoying, but brilliant. He didn't have a lot of cash to start. So, he started being an Instagram tester and went after 20 of what he thought are the best breeders. He got the best genetics from the best breeders for free and pheno hunted all their gear. Like someone was saying the other day, not much of a breeder, but pheno hunter. That Chimera clone until the last couple weeks was 10K!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back