Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '22. 2700 pagez & 483k viewz

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm wondering, why would an auto watering system with 9" halo's, not work with an organic dry amendment grow? It would certainly wet my entire 5 gal pot surface, IMO. And just set the halo maybe 2-4" from surface. Should be easy enough to throw the 1/4 cup ferty in the pot every couple weeks..

I have been wondering the same thing for some reason I don't wanna do blumats cause that involve teas... So I have toying with the same idea I think you best bet would be to hand water for the first IMO at least 3 weeks but once they hit they scretch and start drinking I don't see way not I end watering everyday with the big girls... Just would take some dialing in I think:shrug: Do it and let me know how it works :biggrin::d5::pop::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I keep looking myself, and I do not need any seeds.
Always room for more seeds:nono: I had to jump on the Jean-o train too and he is awesome says they will be in the mail tomorrow and let me pick my BOGO's :yoinks::toke::bow::clapper:

I'll feed through top...then water the bottom.....they keep the living soil moist....I'll have a pot stay moist 4 days longer then a normal pot.....
Ya something i didnt think of but u def dont want sticky ferment feeds traveling up them wicks! Seems they'd be a magnet for bugs having that syrupy stuff absorbing into them wicks! :d5:

I have been wondering the same thing for some reason I don't wanna do blumats cause that involve teas... So I have toying with the same idea I think you best bet would be to hand water for the first IMO at least 3 weeks but once they hit they scretch and start drinking I don't see way not I end watering everyday with the big girls... Just would take some dialing in I think:shrug: Do it and let me know how it works :biggrin::d5::pop::rofl::rofl::rofl:
I seen you had the smaller halo's in one of your grows, I think. I was going to run the idea by u in pm, need some idea's on what pump to get, for 4 pots. So u like it too, thats good.

So I'm wondering, why would an auto watering system with 9" halo's, not work with an organic dry amendment grow? It would certainly wet my entire 5 gal pot surface, IMO. And just set the halo maybe 2-4" from surface. Should be easy enough to throw the 1/4 cup ferty in the pot every couple weeks..
I started with those in my 10gal pots and i returned them! They put out an extremely uneven flow so super huge dry pockets all over so I went to hand watering til i got the blumats! Even with only 5 drip points they go slow enough its a much more even saturation! :thumbsup:

I started with those in my 10gal pots and i returned them! They put out an extremely uneven flow so super huge dry pockets all over so I went to hand watering til i got the blumats! Even with only 5 drip points they go slow enough its a much more even saturation! :thumbsup:
I use dry amendments, they would not work for that, would they?

FB_IMG_1668884520453.jpg

Be careful broseph…..

Those ferments themselves sit at a super low ph (how u know its ready) and once added to water even a very small amount in no time at all can make perfectly ph’d water drop into the 4’s! That stuff u really need to topwater it in even if it means a small feeding so as not to overflow the pot and wind up with bunch of runoff which will obv overflow them trays!

So

Last edited by a moderator:
I seen you had the smaller halo's in one of your grows, I think. I was going to run the idea by u in pm, need some idea's on what pump to get, for 4 pots. So u like it too, thats good.

Pump easy I ran 100w 880gph submersible aquarium pump... So my issue with those little floraflex halo was I could not get a even spray and I had use drip emitters otherwise the the rez would siphon down... But I think is there ways around that I just didn't have fitting but not with those rings don't get those matrix rings that's not what they were meant for and come spilt easily... I think you'll want something that will pressure compensating or have adjustable flow... Check out thebucketcompany they have some halo's I thought about trying and I believe they have adjustable nozzles...

and have thought maybe just a simple drip irrigation system that you can purchase at lowe's or homedepot

BUT yeah hit up when ever not sure what i can offer my irrigation system is for coco so i don't have to worry as much about over watering where with our soil it's it take some dialing in...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back