Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '22. 2700 pagez & 483k viewz

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had issues with mephisto plants since around when the pandemic started including 3 straight runs with plants that didn't flower. Double grape, Fugue State and toofless alien :shrug: Took a couple years off from buying from them

Thanks!

Chaz lol I'll remember that

Thanks for trying it for me and for the info on the bags. Sure is nice to know if you are running low on funds you can still press without bags. :thumbsup: I assume you can reuse those bags a few times or until the bust?
Some of them say reusable but not sure how that would work they are pretty messed up even if not busted
8636B899-9DC7-4797-8673-A2BAC1FD0FA6.jpeg

Higher temps will usually give you a darker product that is more similar to shatter or pull snap. Some say lower yeilds with lower temps but I haven't really noticed much. Really depends on the bud you use. I usually do it around 213 cause I like that consistency more. I found lower temps my rosin buttered up very quickly.
:yeahthat: The lower my temp the rosin turns to butter

If you ever wondered how a shaft is splined for a gear 30 years ago here's how we do it! My hobing vendor made an oops an now I'm earning more Grey hairs fixing this issue! Hopefully everyone is having a less stressful day than I. I'm definitely getting baked on lunch today!
View attachment 1522605
:baked: :pass:
It's just a run of the 'Mill' fixer upper..
:smoking:

I Hope the new kitty is getting more sleep that you @Suki .... :pighug: ...you must be wrecked..
I let her sleep with us last night and she slept all the way through till right before 7! Vet this morning went well and then we went to the pet store for her tags and ended up with that plus a cactus scratching post, treats, some more toys, a basket for her toys, and some grooming stuff. Oh, and a jar of this for when she's old enough :rofl:
20221004_103209.jpg

That is Sweet seed's red poison you see there in the little black tote, (2) 1 gallon fabric pots.

They are showing their color like my red gorilla poison (Red Gorilla Girl XL x Red Poison) plants are, late and early red phenos, i love this strain and i am testing the s1 seeds i selfed from last grow. They seem to be doing great even with 2-3 plants to a pot :thumbsup:

It Looks as if it is holding the Black Leaf trait....... :headbang:

Yeah, I figured it was the saliva with you, but there are people that are allergic to their dander and then some to only hair.
I'm surprised I'm not allergic to cats.
She's being spicy now after our outing and her getting her needles this morning, clawed the hell out of my shoulder to jump off and go hide in her cave for a nap :rofl:

Squish squish I did my first press with my new 6 ton DIY rosin press and it works well. Not so much the pressor. I need to learn how to handle this sticky goo. Can you say Keystone Cops....... It stuck to my fingers then it stuck to everything I touched. I thought it was not supposed to stick to silicone - I assure you it does. I am definitely on the uphill side of this learning curve.

First observations: I need to put a grip on the jack handle the diameter is too small and made my hand sore. The press needs about 15 minutes to stabilize the temperature of the plates after you turn it on. I need to learn how to fold the parchment and load the plates to best contain the rosin.

I ran 14 - 1g test presses of two strains at various temps and times. This is the data from that:

View attachment 802130

I got about 17% return average not counting what I lost to poor handling techniques.

View attachment 802131

All in all I am very happy with this press.
:hula::hula::hula:
I added a knob to the release valve and a padded grip to the pump handle.
View attachment 804968

I am learning how to handle the rosin. It is not as easy as it sounds. Some strains do pick up easily others are more oily-sticky. They need to be worked nearly frozen. I experimented using dry ice in various ways. The most effective was to freeze the end of the tool on the dry ice and work with really cold rosin. sometimes freezing it by placing the parchment on the dry ice momentarily. This really worked well with the oily rosins but dry ice is expensive and inconvenient. A frozen cookie sheet works but only for a few minutes before it warms too much. So next I will be experimenting with some refreezable ice packs I have molded while thawed into a 6" round aluminum cake pan. I will let you know how that works out.

As to the pressing of the rosin: I have tried 6 strains at various temperatures and volumes of bud. The individual strains have almost the same consistency over the range of temperatures from 180°F to 220°F so if they are going to be oily they will be oily regardless of the press temp. I want the best flavors I can get so I will be using 180 - 190 most of the time. The difference in yield to press at the lower temperature is about 5% so far. This may change with other variables I am still working with. 4g in the 2x3 prepress had very poor yields whereas 1.5g in the 1 inch square prepress had very good yields. I just got the metal to make a 1.25" x 1.75" puck using 3g of bud. I am hoping this will be the magic combination. I still have some filing and sanding before I can test it out.

My vape mix which get you floatin :LOLStoned: is 50 drops of EJmix to 1g of rosin yields about 2.5 ml liquid. This is still thicker than syrup but flows enough for the cartomizer. I have ordered some different cartridges that are wickless with ceramic heaters and batteries with a preheat mode that are purported to work better with better flavor - I will let you know the results. They are coming from Florida so they could be delayed?
I was reading about a guy last night that likes 220…:shrug:
I still don't understand the rosin bags...seems it just get stuck in them....or I'm doing something wrong...I only use the paper....I did 210 and 215 and couldn't tell a difference....it's been a min...sometimes I feel like I'm waisting to much bud for the little amount I get....
Let me look around I’ll see what I can find hopefully @Mañ'O'Green will chime in later when he gets on…

@InkAddict$ If your getting 10-20% yield your doing fine from what I’ve heard anything over 20% is really good
Yes there is definitely a difference in the flavor. I have pressed samples every 3°C (my PIDs are only Centigrade) from 72C/162F to 99C/210F. Same strain, yield is best ~ 210F but flavor leans a little to the harsh/burnt, not strong, but there. Flavor is cleaner - more strain dependent @ 180 - 185 without giving up too much in yield. These are my observations so far. Testing is a problem well sorta because i just jet too wasted and have to wait until the next day to continue the test :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I am getting different tanks because some of the harsh flavors might be coming from the coil contact.
Just a quick update. I have been doing quite a bit of pressing using all sorts of settings. Full flavor comes between 165° - 185°F but it is at a cost of about 10% to 20% yield compared to pressing at 210°F. I have tried replacing the lost terpenes on high heat pressings with non-cannabis strain specific terpenes on the green crack. I does not really fix the high heat 210°F rosin. It does not seem to add much to the low heat rosin and it does not thin it well unless it is low heat low pressure rosin which really lowers yield. I would like to find a natural thinner that is not coconut oil, PG, VG or PEG etc. I am not having any luck with that. Strains that don't yield well don't yield well at any temp or pressure and vice versa good yielders yield well across the board.

I am trying several vape cartridges and variable voltage batteries to find the "Magic" combination for best flavor and function of the equipment. The problem is even if I don't inhale I get really stoned fast and testing loses credibility fast.

What a terrible problem:bong:.:doc1:
Hey @Frank the Dank @InkAddict$ this is what I remember finding on-site

LOL, I am allergic and I have two kitties who are very needy and Buster sleeps right next to my head most nights....snot and wheezing attacks galore! LOL
You should look into Purina Live Clear, based on the reviews it seems like it really helps!

I let her sleep with us last night and she slept all the way through till right before 7! Vet this morning went well and then we went to the pet store for her tags and ended up with that plus a cactus scratching post, treats, some more toys, a basket for her toys, and some grooming stuff. Oh, and a jar of this for when she's old enough :rofl:
View attachment 1522629
My cats have loved the catnip prerolls. We had guys working in the kitchen last year and one of them found a lost one under the refrigerator and left a note with it on the counter :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back